[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

I've switched to using WinterTide Brand instead of Creeping Frost or Cold Snap. I like the brand playstyle and this has been a blast so far! Didn't really follow any build guide to do this just winged it but its been fun so far!
I feel like I'm fundamentally misunderstanding the new wintertide version of the build. Apparently wintertide is for clear but I clear maps MUCH faster just running through everything with vortex. Wintertide does like 0 damage. What am I missing here..?
"
ImZ3P escreveu:
I feel like I'm fundamentally misunderstanding the new wintertide version of the build. Apparently wintertide is for clear but I clear maps MUCH faster just running through everything with vortex. Wintertide does like 0 damage. What am I missing here..?

I saw the POB from Shak and it shows Wintertide should have similar DPS to creeping frost the advantage being it can jump around and can attach to bosses. However, I agree with you that I don’t want to ever stop to cast anything at all! Just pop quicksilver and quartz then run through all the mobs. I do the same in nightmare too but I cast Vaal CS and discipline, zoom zoom!
i feel like an idiot trying to get the thread of hope radius working
To be honest I was having great fun with this build and guide before the wintertide update, big props to Shak for a great guide and POB in general.
I started using the life build as my guide, however quickly realized its better for me to switch to CI because of budget, so I did something in between but with careful upgrades through the tree, to eventually reach the CI version easier.

Well still lvl 70 and I am still a beginner in this game, but its progressing very smoothly and its all thanks to this guide and creator. Scourge mechanic nightmare is dangerous for sure, but once you get enough auras up with reservation, and get a feel of how to use vaal cold snap and vaal discipline for hard situations, especially when entering the nightmare mode, and keep teleporting around leaving vortexes and creeping frosts, you just watch as everything just dies. Fun. ^^

However, I'll be frank, I am not particularly interested in switching to brand mode for this character, as this entails way too many changes on the passive tree (many regrets too), and even crafts and current gear becomes less relevant, playstyle too.

I was actually hoping we get an update on the previous CI version of the build, that only played with vortex/creeping frost (divergent later) and v.cold snap setup. Any chance of that happening, or is it just thrown away for current and future POBs ? :/
"
radagast82 escreveu:
To be honest I was having great fun with this build and guide before the wintertide update, big props to Shak for a great guide and POB in general.
I started using the life build as my guide, however quickly realized its better for me to switch to CI because of budget, so I did something in between but with careful upgrades through the tree, to eventually reach the CI version easier.

Well still lvl 70 and I am still a beginner in this game, but its progressing very smoothly and its all thanks to this guide and creator. Scourge mechanic nightmare is dangerous for sure, but once you get enough auras up with reservation, and get a feel of how to use vaal cold snap and vaal discipline for hard situations, especially when entering the nightmare mode, and keep teleporting around leaving vortexes and creeping frosts, you just watch as everything just dies. Fun. ^^

However, I'll be frank, I am not particularly interested in switching to brand mode for this character, as this entails way too many changes on the passive tree (many regrets too), and even crafts and current gear becomes less relevant, playstyle too.

I was actually hoping we get an update on the previous CI version of the build, that only played with vortex/creeping frost (divergent later) and v.cold snap setup. Any chance of that happening, or is it just thrown away for current and future POBs ? :/

Kind of in the same boat, dont have enough time to commit to any high budget verison. So thinking of staying CI. I did however switch, and im not really feeling the brand playstyle. But I switched because I didnt dig creeping frost either.

I think I would prefer only vortex + v.cold snap. But from what I can tell that is mostly an option on LL and a higher budget(?).

With that said, I do enjoy bossing with this, but mapping just does not click for me.

Is it at all possible to run without brand and creeping?
I agree with some of the others that Wintertide doesn't really feel good to play, it's very clunky for a 'clear' skill with long delay between brand attaching and damage starting to tick. Liked creeping frost more but even that is awkward to use.

"
Nayeen escreveu:
I agree with some of the others that Wintertide doesn't really feel good to play, it's very clunky for a 'clear' skill with long delay between brand attaching and damage starting to tick. Liked creeping frost more but even that is awkward to use.

I wouldn't really call creeping frost awkward, in fact especially when I was running it with LMP in earlier levels, it felt like a great clear skill because of the extra projectile. So that's a big reason of making it more viable and easy to use. It complements vortex very well too, you have the one skill that is used to leave the vortexes while shifting between enemies, they just follow you and die, and the other targeted skill for when needed and/or strugglers around you. Once you get enough links on the armor, both skills complement each other very well from what I have seen so far, but right now I am starting to miss that extra creeping frost projectile. Which clearly means that in the endgame, might wanna hunt for that divergent creeping frost, because it seems like its needed. It's definitely a skill needing that extra projectile..

Granted, needless to say that this build is for people that like the more than 1 click gameplay. Its definitely my cup of tea, but I can see why people would find it hard or annoying to mash all those buttons.

Also I tried normal cold snap, and I found it way clunkier and even weaker than the other mentioned skills.
Última edição por radagast82 em 3 de nov de 2021 04:56:23
So I've ended up with this:

What do I craft on it for the biggest damage output?
"
radagast82 escreveu:
"
Nayeen escreveu:

I wouldn't really call creeping frost awkward, in fact especially when I was running it with LMP in earlier levels, it felt like a great clear skill because of the extra projectile. So that's a big reason of making it more viable and easy to use. It complements vortex very well too, you have the one skill that is used to leave the vortexes while shifting between enemies, they just follow you and die, and the other targeted skill for when needed and/or strugglers around you. Once you get enough links on the armor, both skills complement each other very well from what I have seen so far, but right now I am starting to miss that extra creeping frost projectile. Which clearly means that in the endgame, might wanna hunt for that divergent creeping frost, because it seems like its needed. It's definitely a skill needing that extra projectile..

Granted, needless to say that this build is for people that like the more than 1 click gameplay. Its definitely my cup of tea, but I can see why people would find it hard or annoying to mash all those buttons.

Also I tried normal cold snap, and I found it way clunkier and even weaker than the other mentioned skills.

I play on PC, my build started as CF+Vortex, but I switched to WTB+Vortex and for me the 'clear' is more relaxing with less clicks. The issue I had with CF is that it pops on the first hit so its AOE would just miss mobs that are behind and I had to cast CF multiple times. I was even thinking to use a rare helmet and craft "Projectiles pierce additional target", but I didn't get to the point to test it out.
On the other hand going with WTB puts a lot of pressure on increases to cast speed, so high-end gearing will be even more expensive. The first goal is to have WTB activations at least 0.14 sec, so the reattached brands every 0.3s do their debuff with double dmg.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional