Daily Deals Introduced

"
Jessiah escreveu:
Dear Chris and GGG,

It would be nice if the sale area in the shop showed exactly how many hours remained for the sale, and at what time the sale ends relative to the viewer's timezone, much like the countdowns on the races. That a sale ends "after today" could mean a number of different things. For now I'll assume it literally means at 12am the next day in your (GGG's) timezone.

Thanks.

Very good point indeed.
"
Chris wrote:

The more we sell, the more content we can create for you!

"
geradon wrote:

indirectly true as people need to buy points to purchase effects but if people then purchase efects or not doesn't make any difference for ggg.
i'm just nitpicking here but there actually is a difference in argumentation between "support us and get something shiny back in return" and "look at these shiny things, you buying them would help us create more".
while the first puts the support for the company in the foreground, the latter more supports the buying aspect and people's argument to "get something for their money". never liked the last attitude but sure there are people you get into the boat with that argument. not sure either if i like those people.
imho the closed beta support worked so well because people wanted to support the company in the first place and because the game rocked the boat. it still does. thanks for that.

tl;dr
"support the game development by purchasing points and get something in return" is a superior argument to "get you shiny scorpion nao so we are able to design a velociraptor for you later on".

I have to disagree about the the "closed beta Support is the true supporters" thought, since you were nitpiciking, I guess I am too.
By your logic the only true supporters are bronze and below, since they almost got nothing in return, silver and above they actually got physcial goods in return, and don't forget microtranscation points. I would like to see how many diamond supporters will there be if they get the same thing as bronze supporters.

I have so far spend 440 dollars, I do buy effects since they are cool, and I don't see why not, although most of the points are untouched, I buy points every now and then when some good patches are out, or when I feel the game is going somewhere, that I wish to be a part of it, and I am certain I will exceed 1000 dollars very easily. But I did not really care about the diamond title and sign products so much, so I didnt feel the needs to upgrade to gold or diamond even at the time, feel a little bit silly now, but its not a big deal.
so according to your logic I am not a supporter, since I should at least purhcase a Gold Pack?

tl;dr
I am not trying to start a fight with you or anything, but Any purchase regardless of their Intentions are supporting the game, you do not need fancy title or signed copies of the game to show that you are in support of the development.
After all, its what you do (spending money) that matters, not why you do it.
Última edição por Eyesonme em 21 de mar de 2013 07:29:32
*Waits for Vampiric Weapon effect deal*

Bought some other weapon effects. Looking forward to future daily deals!
"

Vampiric Weapon effects is by far the best weapon effects, imo. And it is the only effect that I did not say "OH no..." after applying to mace/axe. :P

Hope more people can get it :D
"
Chris escreveu:
"
Eyesonme escreveu:
"
Chris:
As you may have noticed, the "on sale" icons have been removed from everything in the microtransaction store.

Actually Acid Weapon, Verdant Weapon nad some other item effects still has "On Sale" tag on,
is it intended? if so how much of discount they are currently giving?

By the way I like the daily deal idea, just purchased the radiant weapon effect, keep up the good work.

It was our intention that the ones that had their prices reduced would still say "on sale" for a few days, but this didn't appear to us to be working. If it's working for you then that's great.
A "price reduced" flag would probably be clearer.

I don't remember what the frog pets cost so I don't know if they went up or not, but I guess now I can wait for froggies to go on sale. :x

EDIT:

This graphic is kind of out of place with the rest of the graphics on the store, and the masking around that red curtain has issues. Hope this isn't the final artwork.
Última edição por izzalion em 21 de mar de 2013 07:46:57
"
EDIT:

This graphic is kind of out of place with the rest of the graphics on the store, and the masking around that red curtain has issues. Hope this isn't the final artwork.

I like it
Edit: derped, disregard
Última edição por Vypra em 21 de mar de 2013 08:31:40
I've bought silver wings today, hope it won't be on sale at a discount tomorrow, haha. :)
"
Eyesonme escreveu:
"

Vampiric Weapon effects is by far the best weapon effects, imo. And it is the only effect that I did not say "OH no..." after applying to mace/axe. :P

Hope more people can get it :D

I like the Arcane Weapon Effect more, especially on two-handed weapons. Vampiric Weapons Effect are more cool on one-handed sword, IMO.
Okay, first off I am glad to see daily sales. I personally would have suggested a weekly sale of a few items but that is only because most companies wouldn't bother updating it on weekends and I have that mindset now. Granted, weekly sales do hold some value for the players who cannot log in every day. I have a friend who doesn't always have time to play some days, on occasions he works 16 hour shifts, goes to sleep for a few hours and works another 16 hours. For people like him I would ask that at some point, maybe when there are more micro-transactions, you could do a weekly sale as well.

It would be nice in the future to see a daily item sale on the left and a weekly item on the right of the login screen. I don't think this is the right time to do it just yet, once there are double to triple the amount of transactions though, I think it should be done.

I like how it was added to the client at login personally. Just wanted to mention that it is perfect to see what is for sale without it actually annoying me. Though one more small line below new price listing the original price wouldn't hurt. Don't make me do math to figure out the original price :P

Now, to my only gripe. I clicked the buy now button in the client, at the login screen, and it did not direct me to the daily deal page but the item effect page. Not only that it opened the video preview of the item. Once you x the video out, you actually have to look for the sale item. Not an issue with the current list of items available but in the future it could be annoying to have to scroll through a list to find that sale. It should redirect to the daily deals page.

Oh and one more thing, someone mentioned how making expensive pets or effects cheaper lessens their personal value. I do agree with this and totally understand. However, on the other side of the coin is the fact that some people will never buy things at full price and putting the most expensive things on sale once in a blue moon would really promote sales of said item. So, if expensive items do go on sale, and for the sake of GGG's pockets I hope they do, it should be very rare and a minimal savings, 10-25%.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional