Floating combat text

"
wadafruck escreveu:
if implemented, any healing, damage received, shield loss, etc would be amazing to have in a menu.

IE
Minions damage
Minions damage received

Allied damage
Allied effects
Allied damaged received
Allied effects received (stun etc)

also

Would love to see this getting implemented. Also, color support would be pretty awesome (optional of course), indicating what type of dmg you dealt
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
"
aitalar escreveu:
"
xxnoob escreveu:
I swear people are either trying to troll or want this to be Diablo 3. These suggestions are too fishy.

Sorry but i don't see where you get your assumptions from.
I think it's a good suggestion as long as it stays optional, you guys act like you'd be forced to use combat text.

The problem is even if I don't like it, the fact that it gives more information will make me feel like I have to put it on. Every time I die or get in a rough spot, I'll feel like I might have learned more if I switched it on, I am pretty much forced to use it.

It would be fine if it simply displayed damage numbers, which exact numbers don't matter as there is enough feedback from the top screen health bar > and hence people don't have to feel forced to put it on.

However I can understand that maybe damage numbers add a little visual feedback, and it's nice to know when you deal a critical it's kinda fun seeing how much dmg you did exactly. I might even want to switch them on. This is in line with the more arcade/hack and slash feel of the game.

Otherwise showing resists, heal over time, DOT, etc. does not belong in this game imho :(

Última edição por DeF46 em 11 de jul de 2012 02:41:34
"
DeF46 escreveu:
"
aitalar escreveu:
"
xxnoob escreveu:
I swear people are either trying to troll or want this to be Diablo 3. These suggestions are too fishy.

I think it's a good suggestion as long as it stays optional, you guys act like you'd be forced to use combat text.

The problem is even if I don't like it, the fact that it gives more information will make me feel like I have to put it on. Every time I die or get in a rough spot, I'll feel like I might have learned more if I switched it on, I am pretty much forced to use it.

You don't want choice, you want to be completely blind and and you want everyone else to also be forced to be blind with you. But if you are given the choice, then you feel "forced" to use the choice.

Great logic. I really think you should think hard about why you base your fun on other people. Your fun depends on other people not being able to view damage numbers, and because YOU prefer it that way, the game engine should be gimped and NOBODY should have the CHOICE to view their damage.

EDIT: GGG is adding FCT. Great news.

PoE is F2P, so trolls can't bitch about being "paying customers" and throw fits. Excellent news.

I like this game already, and I haven't even played.

/thread
Última edição por fequalma em 11 de jul de 2012 03:44:26
"
DeF46 escreveu:
"
aitalar escreveu:
"
xxnoob escreveu:

If they would put a "log chat screen" where every damage/dot/heal/etc... is logged instaed of floating over the mobs, you are not forced anymore.

If you like the visual style of FCT you can put it on, if you don't but you still want to learn what kind of damage are you doing, what went wrong with the last fight, etc... you can just switch on the log chat and see without the "distracting" Floating Combat Text.

Also log chats are great if you could export them and do number crunching. I know a lot of people that plays arpg love to calculate everything from DPS/Drop Rate to fine tune their playstyle or their build.

Última edição por LordAmras em 11 de jul de 2012 03:56:14
In log chat or in the main screen it doesn't matter. My point was that it gives extra gameplay information, which then makes it somewhat mandatory to use.

There's option and then there's option.

It's not wrong as such to give that extra information (eg. dots, reflected dmaage and such) regardless where it is displayed, however my contention is that it may be information overload.

"
fequalma escreveu:
You don't want choice, you want to be completely blind and and you want everyone else to also be forced to be blind with you.

No, because you are assuuming here that the "blind" state as it is now is by design inferior to the suggestion made in this topic.

And I am arguing (and we can respectfully disagree), that the state as it is now, is by design simple andd straightforward, and that adding lots of numbers, whether they be floating or displayed in a console, is information overload that is more at home in a MMO where you use parsers like Advanced Combat Tracker and the core of the game is DPS vs raid encounter's HPS.
I think that critical damage could be written during a fight but more would be just too much.
Although just having the possibility, the option, would make the game more interesting for some people who are interested in the rest (De/increase of Dmg/Armor, etc...)
"
DeF46 escreveu:

No, because you are assuuming here that the "blind" state as it is now is by design inferior to the suggestion made in this topic.

Because it is.
FCT is a quite standard. And it's odd without it.
Happy to see Brian's answer ....well that way all are happy...we the people that like FCT can just turn it on...and the guys that dont really like it can turn it off...its a win win situation.
𝑺𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒍𝒆 ?
When I heard about cutthroat league I had a vision of a place, and in that place I saw a man, and in that man I saw my sword, and in my inventory I saw his loot
"
DeF46 escreveu:

And I am arguing (and we can respectfully disagree), that the state as it is now, is by design simple andd straightforward, and that adding lots of numbers, whether they be floating or displayed in a console, is information overload that is more at home in a MMO where you use parsers like Advanced Combat Tracker and the core of the game is DPS vs raid encounter's HPS.

Hem... To call part of a game such as this one "simple and straightforward" is rather strange... Since a lot of its appeal comes from the enormous skill tree, the number of support skills permutations, enchantments and the like.

Why do you consider the possibility of having a combat log an information overload and not the skill tree ?

Further, you seem to imply that ARPGs do not lend themselves to number-crunching or min/Maxing... I also find that very strange. All of these games have forums filled with build calculations, templates and the like. Look up some D2 or TQ forums, if you don't belive me.

Heck, I'd even say that ARPGs are much more into min/maxing than MMORPGs.

I, for one, would be glad to have some sort of feedback to check what works or not. I would probably keep the info hidden 95% of the time. But I'd very much like to have it available to check the effect of some supports or passives on my skills.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional