Floating combat text

Wow, that looks very satisfying. I can't wait until it's implemented!
"
It's a feature that GGG will have to add simply because every single one of their competition is doing it. Grim Dawn, D3, and T2 all have it, and by not including it, PoE would be playing right into the hands of the people who insist that the game hasn't moved on at all since D2.

i really lol'd hard here ! So you say it must be done for the sake of fashion regardless ?

And no one dare to say PoE would not had move at all since D2, just because there are not numbers and the "cheap" likes. Hope you were high when writing these funny statements :)
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Última edição por BrecMadak em 8 de jun de 2012 11:29:45
In a game where people complain about having too many things cluttering the screen, people request... more things cluttering the screen.

I'm stumped.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 escreveu:
In a game where people complain about having too many things cluttering the screen, people request... more things cluttering the screen.

I'm stumped.

It's not so much the clutter as the utility of seeing actual damage numbers. In my case, I just want a vague indication of what sort of crits I'd be doing. Others may want more data. Others are happy with what is on display now.

That is why the off, crits only, full option is still optimal if FCT is to go in.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
whiteBoy88 escreveu:

I'm stumped.
You aren't, though, are you? It's very simple, you just don't treat "people" as one conglomerate mass, because looking at any varied group that way gives you similar contradictions.

"People want us to vote for Quimby but they also want us to not vote for Quimby! I'm stumped!"
As the nice dev said, it would be optional. And the default would be to have it turned off. So get over it?
^ What he said. I don't really understand how you can complain about something that doesn't affect you at all unless you turn it on yourself..

I would love to see floating damage numbers implemented. It really is convenient to not have to look at the bottom left of your screen to tell how much damage you are taking.
I'll put it this way. More features and more polish = a better game, even if you prefer to have those features turned off. Features are a good thing.

Of course if it's a useless feature, then this might not be true, but the fact is that this is a feature that many are asking for, and some are demanding.
"
whiteBoy88 escreveu:

I'm stumped.
For the record, that was a joke.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
A combat log would make me smile.
"A tool knows exactly how it is meant to be handled, while the user of the tool can only have an approximate idea." -Milan Kundera

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional