New Uniques?

"
Wertron escreveu:
"
RodHull escreveu:
Been playing the beta fairly regularly for months now, have two MOC characters, one level 68 the other level 63 and Ive found the sum total of 1... yes 1... unique - EVER. And I wouldn't mind but its not even very good.

So forgive me if adding new ones doesn't exactly set my world on fire :)

try and get some more Rarity.
I've had the same problem for a long time.. I hardly got any good gems, or good loot.. I decided to remove a gem from my Ice Spear combo (Ice Spear + 4 supports), and put in a Rarity Gem.. 5 min after I added that gem, I got a Unique item! one hour later I got a second unique!

So when ppl say that you should focus on Quantity instead of Rarity, I'd say... Try and balance it out a little (like equal amount of each) :)

Id say thats just coincidence personally, Ive had over 50% rarity and around 40% quantity for virtually the entire 68 levels I played on my ranger, and still just 1 unique.
"
RodHull escreveu:
Id say thats just coincidence personally, Ive had over 50% rarity and around 40% quantity for virtually the entire 68 levels I played on my ranger, and still just 1 unique.

Seconded, uniques drop rarely enough that you need a ton of luck either way, whether you have MF or not. You can't really draw conclusions unless you've played long enough to get 10 uniques with and 10 without using MF, and then compare the time it took for each.

That being said, the only time I found a unique was when soloing Maelstrom. I did hear rumors that uniques drop more often in Chaos, but again, one time is not enough to confirm or deny probabilities.
"
RodHull escreveu:
Been playing the beta fairly regularly for months now, have two MOC characters, one level 68 the other level 63 and Ive found the sum total of 1... yes 1... unique - EVER. And I wouldn't mind but its not even very good.

So forgive me if adding new ones doesn't exactly set my world on fire :)
66 total uniques in game.

Comprising about 7% of total possible item types I think (ish)

This makes uniques far rarer than they will be once most items have a unique form. This is because uniques only drop in very narrow level bands and require very very specific drop rolls.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
I guess that I've been lucky. On 3 chars level 71, 68 and 48 i have found

2 hyrris mark
1 Rigwalls charge
1 volls baptism
1 deaths harp
1 searing torch
1 silverbranch

with 50% rarity and quantity approximately
On the subject of uniques POE has inherited a flaw from D2 id rather see changed.

Namely that to many of the uniques lvls are below max lvl. I mean they are already super rare and of questionable use (very specific) so at least make the vast majority of them max level so they are usable. Currently most of the worthwhile ones arent even high enough level to use in merciless let alone MOC.

Id like to see a good 80% of uniques changed to be lvl 60+, that way they become useful, currently they are almost just vanity/kudos items that rarely get used.
"
RodHull escreveu:
On the subject of uniques POE has inherited a flaw from D2 id rather see changed.

Namely that to many of the uniques lvls are below max lvl. I mean they are already super rare and of questionable use (very specific) so at least make the vast majority of them max level so they are usable. Currently most of the worthwhile ones arent even high enough level to use in merciless let alone MOC.

Id like to see a good 80% of uniques changed to be lvl 60+, that way they become useful, currently they are almost just vanity/kudos items that rarely get used.

Wouldn't this undermine the intended use of unique items as stated by the devs?

I would like to also see more high level uniques, but they are not supposed to be the best end game options. They add unique modifiers that cannot be acquired elsewhere.
Última edição por thepmrc em 8 de mai de 2012 19:42:45
"
thepmrc escreveu:
"
RodHull escreveu:

I would like to also see more high level uniques, but they are not supposed to be the best end game options. They add unique modifiers that cannot be acquired elsewhere.

Think you misunderstand, yes they are supposed to unique options rather than IWIN items, and im totally in support of that, rares should always be the best potential items.

But currently uniques are barely used cause they are already fairly limited uses AND are nearly all low level. I dont want them to become goto items, but they should be worth using, currently they are not except for quite specific builds which can get away with subpar numbers on their gear (generally casters)

Take the Archers bow (HARP thing) it has a cool ability of the extra arrow but its other stats are a bit MEH and its a very low level (just 32) its actual damage is not worth bothering with in the long term, so you end up with an extremely rare item which might get used for say 4 or 5 levels of your characters life. Id rather it was made level 60 and maybe had its sockets removed to balance it out more, that way its remains a viable item to build a character around, rather than another rare curiosity of limited use.
"
RodHull escreveu:
"
thepmrc escreveu:
"
RodHull escreveu:

Think you misunderstand, yes they are supposed to unique options rather than IWIN items, and im totally in support of that, rares should always be the best potential items.

But currently uniques are barely used cause they are already fairly limited uses AND are nearly all low level. I dont want them to become goto items, but they should be worth using, currently they are not except for quite specific builds which can get away with subpar numbers on their gear (generally casters)

Take the Archers bow (HARP thing) it has a cool ability of the extra arrow but its other stats are a bit MEH and its a very low level (just 32) its actual damage is not worth bothering with in the long term, so you end up with an extremely rare item which might get used for say 4 or 5 levels of your characters life. Id rather it was made level 60 and maybe had its sockets removed to balance it out more, that way its remains a viable item to build a character around, rather than another rare curiosity of limited use.
think basic intention is to have unique versions of nearly every item. Right now that means that a number of uniques are low in level purely because they used a specific subsection and wanted at least a CHANCE for uniques to spawn at lower levels.

Once there are 3-4 times as many uniques in game there will be many more high level uniques viable at endgame. Uniques appear to be intended to be used in a "wide" range of levels (allowing for the fact that you may get them later than an item of that type would traditionally be useful) with unique mechanics if not IWIN effects.

Wait for more uniques to be added. If the devs can get a unique for every item type in game (And strt working on second uniques for each item) there will be PLENTY of viable choices.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
RodHull escreveu:
Again, Kaom's Heart is not optional for melee characters who aren't using a shield. I guess they really need to nerf it, huh?
"
Silty escreveu:
"
RodHull escreveu:
Again, Kaom's Heart is not optional for melee characters who aren't using a shield. I guess they really need to nerf it, huh?

Im not following you there mate sorry, care to explain (genuinely)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional