HOW TO TRADE (How To Use Trade Chat + Forums)

"
Kavlor escreveu:
An alternative to putting up an offer is to say 'what do they usually go for' by asking that the seller is not tied to selling you it at that price and gives you something to work on,this mostly applies to uniques especially high value ones.

Or, you could ask what the current offer is. This will give you an idea of what you'll need to outbid to get the item and express just enough interest in the item that the seller probably won't ignore you outright.

If there's no c/o, the seller will probably just make one up that's roughly in line with how much he expects for it.

OP: A correction: linking an item in chat is ctrl-alt-click, not ctrl-alt-rightclick.
EDIT: Accidentally quoted when I meant to edit.
"Did the earth move for you, baby? Probably, you hit the ground quite hard."
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSlickMachine
Última edição por TheSlickMachine em 2 de abr de 2013 02:32:27
"
ShadyC escreveu:

This entire thread - while trying to be helpful - is completely useless. These tips will help no one.

"
Don’t be afraid to haggle

You should EXACTLY be afraid to haggle. Only haggle if you never want to be responded to again by the seller.

I mean, I'm sorry, but... The reality is, if your very first PM to a guy isn't your on-the-dot offer of exactly the overpriced amount they had in mind, you're being put on the chopping block.

And if you don't get ignored, you may wish you had been, as they start PM'ing you trying to edge you up and up on your offer until you're paying 50% more than you want to.

You - while trying to be helpful - are completely worthless.

The best deals I've ever got came from haggling. Your sig would suggest that you're simply too burned out and jaded to understand a simple barter system.
"Did the earth move for you, baby? Probably, you hit the ground quite hard."
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSlickMachine
Última edição por TheSlickMachine em 2 de abr de 2013 02:38:06
"
ShadyC escreveu:
"
Kavlor escreveu:
An alternative to putting up an offer is to say 'what do they usually go for' by asking that the seller is not tied to selling you it at that price and gives you something to work on,this mostly applies to uniques especially high value ones.

No, because then that's when you are ignored.

Err how do you know.I bet you've never done it and only base it on the fact you would ignore people who did it.I've used it a few times,if you use a friendly human approach your more likely to get an answer that putting up a random price because you have no idea of the value.Seriously if you ignore people all the time unless they give you an accurate bid your missing out on sales and wasting a lot of time.
You might want to put something in your guide about the trade forums too, and searching them with poe.xyz.is.

I find this to be an invaluable tool.
"
TheSlickMachine escreveu:
"
ShadyC escreveu:

This entire thread - while trying to be helpful - is completely useless. These tips will help no one.

"
Don’t be afraid to haggle

You should EXACTLY be afraid to haggle. Only haggle if you never want to be responded to again by the seller.

I mean, I'm sorry, but... The reality is, if your very first PM to a guy isn't your on-the-dot offer of exactly the overpriced amount they had in mind, you're being put on the chopping block.

And if you don't get ignored, you may wish you had been, as they start PM'ing you trying to edge you up and up on your offer until you're paying 50% more than you want to.

You - while trying to be helpful - are completely worthless.

The best deals I've ever got came from haggling. Your sig would suggest that you're simply too burned out and jaded to understand a simple barter system.

Ok.

This is from literally just now during the time it took me to also read this post by you:

Me: $WTB [--- Orbs of Regret ---] Need 8.

Guy: i have 8 regret

Me: Alright
Me: I got 7 Chaos for 7 Regret. Accept Alchs for the 8th?
Me: I can do 3 Alchs
Me: Making it 7 Chaos 3 Alch for your 8 Reg

*five minute silence*

Me: Ok, cool, bye.

This is just any random trading experience picked out from a massive pile of similar abominations.

But, sure, you can get personal and call me worthless I guess.
"
Kavlor escreveu:
"
ShadyC escreveu:
"
Kavlor escreveu:

No, because then that's when you are ignored.

Err how do you know.I bet you've never done it and only base it on the fact you would ignore people who did it.I've used it a few times,if you use a friendly human approach your more likely to get an answer that putting up a random price because you have no idea of the value.Seriously if you ignore people all the time unless they give you an accurate bid your missing out on sales and wasting a lot of time.

Well, you would lose the theoretical bet made solely on a baseless assumption about my personality.

You have no idea what mannerisms I use in trade communication - and for the record, I am very polite, patient, and willing to talk anything out.

Based on your response to my delivery of the reality of trading, it is my based assumption that you have never actually traded for anything higher value than a Blood Magic gem to use more auras on your level 24 summoner Witch.
dispite everyone saying "oh noes its an evil lying RMT site" its still more accurate than that other one.

If anything BOTH sites have deliberately understated the value of exalts since I routinely see people offering 20-25 chaos:exalt in trade chat for hours on end, unable to buy one.

exile stats also has the wrong rate for exalt:gcp, i've not seen a 1:5 trade for over a month now. 6-7 at a minimum.

all these sites are a very ROUGH guide to the relative price. stop being morons and taking them as absolute bibles, they are all way off the market. at least poeex states that much.

i've even had idiots ingame quoting (pick one of the above) as the "offical" game rates, sheesh. i put those people on ignore. you can't reason with stupidity.
Última edição por Asmosis em 2 de abr de 2013 03:26:02
The best was to use trade chat is to turn that moron infested spam cesspool off every time u enter the game. cheers >:]
IGN: Seze
nice guide :)
Praise Bisco the Doge <3

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional