[OLD] Map Management Resource

Thanks for the thread.

This is a general map question: Has GGG ever discussed making map drops follow the same mechanic as evasion?

(Where everytime a mob dies a counter gets incremented by an amount dependent on the map quality. When that counter crosses a certain threshold a map drops).
IGN: TucoW
"
jimmyw404 escreveu:
Thanks for the thread.

This is a general map question: Has GGG ever discussed making map drops follow the same mechanic as evasion?

(Where everytime a mob dies a counter gets incremented by an amount dependent on the map quality. When that counter crosses a certain threshold a map drops).

I guess that would make certain mods that have a tendency to spawn more mobs on a map (bandits, pack size, larger area, maze) alot more appealing than dangerous mods (slow/noregen, reflect, fleet, ...).

If they were to implement something like this, they need to put alot of thought into it beforehand.
My Static Strike Marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211370
Our Map Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977/page/1

Avoid: BKR, apinkpwny
Última edição por Slamdancer em 17 de abr de 2013 11:09:23
"
Slamdancer escreveu:
"
jimmyw404 escreveu:
Thanks for the thread.

I guess that would make certain mods that have a tendency to spawn more mobs on a map (bandits, pack size, larger area, maze) alot more appealing than dangerous mods (slow/noregen, reflect, fleet, ...).

If they were to implement something like this, they need to put alot of thought into it beforehand.

What you say is true, but note that the evasion system takes into account the attacker's accuracy in the same way a normalized map drop system would need to account for the mob's chance to drop an item.

Really all they'd need to do is to have a rolling counter of each mob's % chance to drop a map and when it exceeds 100 you'd get a map and the counter would reset (Or revert to the overflow). This would result in the same number of maps but would eliminate the randomness of whether it dropped or not.

One of the big problems with this system is that mobs don't universally drop the same level range of maps, but that's a problem that can be easily fixed.
IGN: TucoW
Just wanna bump this great post, everyone needs to see this!
Thanks a lot for this really great post.. and for even completing it.
Gorgeous Job!

I was doing most of the things "right" by intuition or common sense... but there were still so many points I did not even think about.. . like I said: Thanks a bunch!

Already had a few runs today which gave me 5 Maps per run in return!

rg,
Rick
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
In a turn of extremely unfortunate events, I have exceeded 50,000 characters. I may need to have a new thread with three posts reserved and have the moderators merge the thread.
"
cyranorick escreveu:
Thanks a lot for this really great post.. and for even completing it.
Gorgeous Job!

I was doing most of the things "right" by intuition or common sense... but there were still so many points I did not even think about.. . like I said: Thanks a bunch!

Already had a few runs today which gave me 5 Maps per run in return!

rg,
Rick

well, then you were just very lucky too :)
No sure if potential is chance of dying or chance or If potential is possiblity for map to be good.
@ShunTzu
@Daedalouxx
This is a fantastic resource! I've been kind of floundering around with my maps until I found this, but now I have enough information to make good decisions with them.

I do have to echo the sentiment of others in respect to the color system; it seems counter-intuitive. Wouldn't the use of the color wheel or color heat values simplify this? Or, as suggested by someone earlier, PoE's item rarity colors.

"
Joshmans90 escreveu:
No sure if potential is chance of dying or chance or If potential is possiblity for map to be good.

Potential for the map to be rewarding.
Última edição por KG31459 em 17 de abr de 2013 20:00:26
I'll review a better colour system in the future. As arbitrary as it seems, it follows Borderland's item rarity scale though I replaced Pearlescent with a more vivid Red.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional