What happened to poe Reddit?

Today I can't open it anymore, it says that moderators set that subreddit to be accessable only be approved members.

I am pretty sure I didn't get banned or anything, my posts are very neutral and it shouldn't attract any rule breaks, just usual normal discussions.

I had like 3k post karma (I was quite active there), but my name was quity funky (automatic reddit assigned name: Some_Introduction701 - so maybe that's that..).

I don't have any notification about being removed/etc. And I don't see where I can apply to join that subreddit as well. Or do I need to create new reddit account with a decent name? (I know that reddit auto-assign name which you can't change later)

Anyone else having it?
Última edição por gageris em 12 de jun de 2023 04:08:14
Último bump em 19 de jun de 2023 09:38:54
There's a massive reddit-wide protest where a ton of subs go dark for 3 days to protest new API changes.

PoE reddit will be back on Wednesday, if I recall the time correctly.
It's a planned "rebellion" agianst Reddit policy of removing third-party apps, f.e. for managing the subreddit.

PoE builds is also dark
"
Xyel escreveu:
There's a massive reddit-wide protest where a ton of subs go dark for 3 days to protest new API changes.

PoE reddit will be back on Wednesday, if I recall the time correctly.

Thanks for info :)
I don't like this at all, Its considered one of the primary feedback mediums for a lot of players to have the community mod lock it for any reason is just gross.

I can only hope this brings more people back to the official forums.
Innocence forgives you
Última edição por SilentSymphony em 12 de jun de 2023 13:20:55
I was like ... where the hell did all my poe reddit stuff go :D
I'm personally happy to take a break and not see the He Gets Us ads non-stop. I'm ready to just stop using it just because of that :)

The CEO "AMA" on the API change is worth going to read if you want a good laugh at how not to do an AMA.
They're 'sticking it to the man' so to say.

And right they are.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
kaepae escreveu:
They're 'sticking it to the man' so to say.

And right they are.

theyre not sticking it to anyone

3 days of protest is pointless

people in this day and age have no idea how to protest effectively. as soon as this is over reddit is going to forget this even happened and move on without the third party apps
Thank god and thanks GGG for distancing themselves from them.

The best thing that could ever happen to this game is for the entire POE community to reside on the official forums.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional