What happened to poe Reddit?

"
SilentSymphony escreveu:
I don't like this at all, Its considered one of the primary feedback mediums for a lot of players to have the community mod lock it for any reason is just gross.

I can only hope this brings more people back to the official forums.

That's the point of going on strike. You want to inconvenience people so pressure is built to change something - or in this case take back a change that is considered detrimental.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
yamface escreveu:
"
kaepae escreveu:
They're 'sticking it to the man' so to say.

And right they are.

theyre not sticking it to anyone

3 days of protest is pointless

people in this day and age have no idea how to protest effectively. as soon as this is over reddit is going to forget this even happened and move on without the third party apps

The other hilarious thing is that most people who are behind it are still on Reddit anyway and just using the subs that haven't gone dark. If you really cared that much you wouldn't be there at all.

Reddit is just a giant advertising platform, all that really matters to them is daily logins and how much time each user spends on the site.
These type of events explain a lot of why the game industry has gone the direction it has or hasn't.
"
SilentSymphony escreveu:
I don't like this at all, Its considered one of the primary feedback mediums for a lot of players to have the community mod lock it for any reason is just gross.

--

You might want to do some research on why the POE forums are participating in this protest. I for one am very proud of them for doing so - I would have never had a clue what was going on and I suspect I am not alone. 3 days of downtime in a pretty much dead league is about the best time to do this and it brought awareness to the issue.

Look, I'm not saying you have to like that the Reddit forum is down for a few days but don't bury your head in the sand - learn something and think about what Reddit's new policy will do to many people.
Última edição por MrWonderful99 em 13 de jun de 2023 07:30:51
So what's stopping someone to make another PoE subreddit (or others) if the admins decide to ignore the blackouts and the subreddit mods go permadark? It feels like there is no real pressure here.
"
SpellbreakTN escreveu:
So what's stopping someone to make another PoE subreddit (or others) if the admins decide to ignore the blackouts and the subreddit mods go permadark? It feels like there is no real pressure here.

Exactly, major subs, will sooner than you think, be revived.

This will include the original POE sub.

Unless of course, we keep these forums clean and civil, I remember how the threads in these very forums became so toxic around 2015/6, GGG would rather discuss things in the reddits.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
MrWonderful99 escreveu:
"
SilentSymphony escreveu:

--

You might want to do some research on why the POE forums are participating in this protest. I for one am very proud of them for doing so - I would have never had a clue what was going on and I suspect I am not alone. 3 days of downtime in a pretty much dead league is about the best time to do this and it brought awareness to the issue.

Look, I'm not saying you have to like that the Reddit forum is down for a few days but don't bury your head in the sand - learn something and think about what Reddit's new policy will do to many people.

So yeah i don't like the idea of whats going on for unrelated reasons to why they're doing the protest, I did look into it immediately and the costs that will come into play for people i think its 0.24 cents per 1000 clicks or something like that which reddit want's to implement.

I also read a number of apps and other things had to shut down because even though they are popular the changes would bankrupt them.

Exactly how is the PoE forums participating? Did you mean users who also post here are participating? Just trying to understand what you mean.

Also the league died a week+ before this event happened so i don't get how its advantageous for those protesting, I just said it was gross because i was thinking of the people who do use the medium as their main source probably feel disconnected.

I do have some bias against Reddit but that is mostly because of decisions GGG made like having their AMA's on a third party platform or sometimes when reddit users just posts links here and don't provide any information or reply to posts questioning them, this happens a lot and i'm not really mad but it is slightly frustrating :P
Innocence forgives you
Última edição por SilentSymphony em 13 de jun de 2023 12:40:06
this forum format sucks reddit is way better that's why it's more popular for discussing poe
Última edição por CAPSLOCK_ON em 13 de jun de 2023 14:29:59
"
XanthousQat escreveu:
"
Chadwixx escreveu:
They should remove all of those moderators and replace them with people who will do the job they signed up for.

Im shocked ggg allowed the mods to do this since they took on a few mod positions a few months ago.

The community there is behind the move. Don't speak for others.

As you speak for others...

Typical reddit user behaviour, they cant stand it when they dont get their way or someone uses a word they dont like, bunch of sjw weirdo's.

If you dont like reddit's new format dont use it. Its not your website, you are simply a user.

Like a squatter claiming its their home because they have been there a while, lol
Última edição por Chadwixx em 13 de jun de 2023 15:59:25
[Removed by Support]

The volunteer moderator team grew the subreddit and kept it clean. Why do you deserve to take their work from them?

If someone quits PoE, are all of us entitled to get free items from them? No. Its theirs. They worked for it. It was their time spent to achieve those items. You have no claim to it just because you want those items.
Última edição por Vinky_GGG em 15 de jun de 2023 18:00:12

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional