Game Has Died,

"
Aynix escreveu:
Imagine how bad it would be if it got not major changes.

BASEG.
Without 2x additional Atlas trees,New Ubers/t17's, scarabs rework and other - i would say it was already have like 35-40k concurrent players max in steam on day 21-22, with 190k on league start - that's really disaster.

"
Aynix escreveu:
As more people move from PoE client to Steam, the number will be boosted while there is still same amount of players playing. IT also HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CURRENT LEAGUE

This is.

I was playing on standalone client in 2016-2020, and moved to steam client in 2021 i guess.
Same 1x player, but played on separate clients in different period of time.
Última edição por FreshMeat93 em 20 de abr de 2024 14:47:34
"
Aynix escreveu:

Here we gon again. I will try to put it VERY SIMPLE since its clearly needed.
We are rating LEAGUE. Not how PoE is doing, not how much money they made. We are comparing LEAGUES. You know, the 3-4 months cycles we get in here. You understand up to this point, right?
Now let me tell FIRST reason why you are wrong.
- PoE is becoming more popular over time due to more people hearing about it from youtubeer/streamers, more things added to the game making it better overall and ARPGs genre being more popular overall. This will boost the number you see there but it HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CURRENT LEAGUE. I hope you understood up untill this point because here goes second reason. This might be hard.
- Numbers shown there are from steam alone. It does not represent how many people is playing the game. As more people move from PoE client to Steam, the number will be boosted while there is still same amount of players playing. IT also HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CURRENT LEAGUE
You understood up untill now?
Here is another, not really a reason, more like funny example. If we go by your metric, Crucible is the best league EVER made in PoE history. Yeah, say that to any PoE player with straight face, I challenge you.

Let me expalin in plain and simple manner why % retention is worthless stat to measure league.

PoE is old game. The biggest jump in league starting players will be when there is big expansion tied to a league. League itself has little to do with it. League start is also heavily influenced by other, similar games released around new leaguestart. Right now the number could be inflated by Last Epoch and Diablo 4 players that just wanted to check PoE out, seen it not for them and moved on. PoE as free to play game is heavly influenced by other games in the genre on steam.

There is 1 more factor to consider. PoE2 around the corner. New game kinda blows the hype from the old one. There is barely any brand new PoE players. Its old and most players want the new shit.

Steam is around 70% of playerbase. Thats good enough sample size. Crucible was not the best league but the game had the most new shit to try. You cant judge the league in a vacuum.

GGG doesnt make money from % but from numbers. % is pointless stat to judge the league itself.
Última edição por kuciol em 20 de abr de 2024 15:40:16
Your logic is so flawed I wont even bother anymore. Thankfully you will die alone on that hill.
Última edição por Aynix em 20 de abr de 2024 16:22:20
So is yours. You try to judge a league in a vacuum when they are never released as such. You try to judge it by % of players leaving when its meaningless stat for company and is influenced by fuckton of factors.

League itself IS kinda meh but the real reason why players are leaving is that there is no new stuff for vast majority of players. T17 is not content most players are even able to touch, scarabs are nothing new really.
No, I dont try anything. I judge it by metric that we always used - player retention. You, god knows why, try to judge it by how much money GGG made while it means NOTHING to a player + you have not a slightest clue how much they made because its not public.
"
Aynix escreveu:
No, I dont try anything. I judge it by metric that we always used - player retention. You, god knows why, try to judge it by how much money GGG made while it means NOTHING to a player + you have not a slightest clue how much they made because its not public.

But your "retention" stat is pointless to begin with. You have no clue if its new players, returning players, same as always. Endgame loaded leagues that 0.01% of players engage will have worse retention. More casual oriented will have better. In the end it doesnt matter what percentage of players stay, what does matter however is how many does. We live in a world ruled by algorithms. Last Epoch and D4 had drop off in players, those players got PoE recommended. They tried > to complicated > they moved on. Simple. That alone has huge impact on retention %. Judging league by that metric is pointless. The number of players however says if PoE keeps their core audience interested enough. Thats what matters.
Its not "my" retention. Its a stat we use for years because its only reliable metric we have. Why would it matter whether its new player or old one? Player is a player. If the league is good, they stay for longer, if the league is shit they leave earlier. That easy. No amount of your bs will change that.

Check which leagues have best retention of all. Then ask PoE players which were the best leagues in their opinion. Then go check which leagues had biggest concurrent player number. Wanna guess which one will be closer to leagues people say were the best?
Hint: Its not fucking crucible which by your metric is thje best league of all time.
Última edição por Aynix em 20 de abr de 2024 17:47:48
"
Aynix escreveu:

Hint: Its not fucking crucible which by your metric is thje best league of all time.

No, all it says is the most players had shit to do in game for longer period of time. Thats all it says. League has little to do with it because those are not released in vacuum, they are accompanied by a big patch, always. This patch doesnt have new shit to do for vast majority of players. Thats all there is to it. If T17 were more accessible to a point most people could see a way to do them, like you know the way they were advertised the retention would be vastly better. What do you think matters more for any company that they lost 50% of customers after opening week or that they still have 30 000 more? And it does matter if its new or returning. New one is more likely to buy new shit, old one propably already has more stuff than he needs.

BTW those "we" that you speak of is 20-30 same names i see here for years. Any league that involves any interaction is called shit and any that just gives loot is deemed the best. The reality is that the more casual the patch is the better retention it gets. Patches that more players can engage with new content have better retention. Just check what was added in the best retention leagues. Content that anybody could access and tons of free loot. Thats why i say this retention stat is stupid and pointless.

Última edição por kuciol em 20 de abr de 2024 18:04:31
So in your opinion Crucible was best league ever. Aight. They say opinions cant be wrong or correct but god damn.
Play no rest for the wicked till PoE2; got it :)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional