Explosive Arrow - How to simulate an 8-Link or even more - With Video!

tried but doesnt work.

setup:
chest 5L => left mouse button (heavy dmg)
bow 5L => right mouse button (fast atk)

test 1

why:
1. most of the time you get more than 1 monsters
2. more than half the time the monsters move really fast
3. to shoot you need to do slow-curse on the monster (which would reduce dmg compared to flammability curse)

test 2

gmp to both
2 shot heavy dmg, 4 shot fast atk
result: seems to work better

test 3

gmp with heavy dmg only but with flammability curse

summary

this technique does work on certain bosses (that doesnt move fast, and without any minions) or rare monsters (provided you kill all the other monsters first).

doesnt work on many map bosses, like flicker strike boss (unless if you can tank it), jumping boss from dunes, spawning boss (boss that keeps spawning minions like on shore).

useful on `caster` boss such as 66 groto, 67 arcade, 69 undersea

test 3 seems to clear mobs fastest. faster mob clear = faster map clear = more drops and xp. time spent on boss is negligible even if it takes 3x longer to kill the boss.

this is extremely hard to play especially when dealing with chaos dmg monsters in maps on a non-ci character, cause most of your attention would be on shot-avoid chaos , shot-avoid chaos, having a LMP or GMP does make it easier to hit.

tested this on

areas tested: docks , barrack , lvl 66 maps (dunes, overgrowth, tropical forest, groto)

HP Marauder, lvl 72
CI Witch, lvl 81

IGN: CowlyMage
If you are really good you also could use 2 red beaks and low life. After the shots you switch weapons and you have 200% more damage on the explosion. I tested it and it works. The only problem is that it is not funny to play this style all the time.
But for bosses it sounds awesome :D
"
Scully escreveu:
Shouldn't you get a 5x boost to damage theoretically? If you shoot 5 high lvl explosive shots into 5 different targets, then swap to lvl 1 explosive arrow+gmp and shoot 5 times hitting each target, you get 5 big explosions no?

Yes, It would be 5 "big" explosions, but only in the best case, when all arrows hit the same targets. I wrote "big" beacause GMP would reduce damage.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Última edição por Márkusz em 8 de jun de 2013 16:00:58
"
cowly escreveu:
tried but doesnt work.

setup:
chest 5L => left mouse button (heavy dmg)
bow 5L => right mouse button (fast atk)

test 1

why:
1. most of the time you get more than 1 monsters
2. more than half the time the monsters move really fast
3. to shoot you need to do slow-curse on the monster (which would reduce dmg compared to flammability curse)

test 2

gmp to both
2 shot heavy dmg, 4 shot fast atk
result: seems to work better

test 3

gmp with heavy dmg only but with flammability curse

summary

this technique does work on certain bosses (that doesnt move fast, and without any minions) or rare monsters (provided you kill all the other monsters first).

doesnt work on many map bosses, like flicker strike boss (unless if you can tank it), jumping boss from dunes, spawning boss (boss that keeps spawning minions like on shore).

useful on `caster` boss such as 66 groto, 67 arcade, 69 undersea

test 3 seems to clear mobs fastest. faster mob clear = faster map clear = more drops and xp. time spent on boss is negligible even if it takes 3x longer to kill the boss.

this is extremely hard to play especially when dealing with chaos dmg monsters in maps on a non-ci character, cause most of your attention would be on shot-avoid chaos , shot-avoid chaos, having a LMP or GMP does make it easier to hit.

tested this on

areas tested: docks , barrack , lvl 66 maps (dunes, overgrowth, tropical forest, groto)

HP Marauder, lvl 72
CI Witch, lvl 81

This is not my technique's weakness, this is the Explosive Arrow's weakness. My technique still helps with it's high attack speed.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Última edição por Márkusz em 10 de jun de 2013 18:49:45
"
Kwaak escreveu:
If you are really good you also could use 2 red beaks and low life. After the shots you switch weapons and you have 200% more damage on the explosion. I tested it and it works. The only problem is that it is not funny to play this style all the time.

Damn, if only auras on secondary weapon slots didn't deativate on swapping, that would actually be really fucking good for my hybrid explosive build.
How is it going for those who use it?
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I might try this strat if my mana pool is not enough on my new EA witch. I ll give some feedback :)
going to try a CI/vaal pact witch this time on Anarchy it should remove the ele reflect issue we ll see !
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
Kwaak escreveu:

This playstyle would be fun and viable if weapon switching in this game didn't completely suck.
"
Troly escreveu:
How is it going for those who use it?

I'm using it in anarchy to pretty good success.

I've started with one arrow 4L + lmp/faster attacks 3L
It's rather easy to fire 3-4 times with your high damage EA at different mobs and following that up with 4-5 lmp EA's.

After getting a 5L I was still using a single arrow setup on my main EA, + gmp/loh/faster attacks for the second.

My 6L gave me lmp for my main EA. It's now one time lmp + 4 times gmp.
Looks rather spammy, works well tho. The lmp helps with reflect and swarming/fleeing monsters, which I like, damage is no issue anyway.

If the color setup on a bow wouldn't be that bad I'd still go with a single arrow setup on my main EA most likely.

Thanks a lot for that idea Troly =)

On a different note, ranged attack totem in the main EA + lmp or gmp in the second works very well vs reflect.
Just place a decoy totem after you got enough fuses in your enemys, they will explode instantly.
IGN: Iski
Última edição por Balguez em 16 de jun de 2013 06:05:14

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional