The truth about RMT and Botting

"
johnKeys escreveu:
the sad truth is, Path Of Exile binds loot rewards to time played and pure dumb luck - when the right way to go is bind them to player skill.

Typical answer from a lazy player : "I R SKILLED BUT I R NO TIME !!!! GIMME STUFF !!!!!". Of course, if you farm in docks when you are level 80 .......
Última edição por Hovergame em 15 de jun de 2013 06:55:30
"
ShaeG escreveu:
So long as there is a market for an online virtual currency. RMT and botting will NEVER go away.
I technically agree with this point. The black market will always be a problem, just like murder, rape, theft, disease, racism, ignorance and trolling.

That doesn't mean that we can't fight these things, and it doesn't mean that we can't win. Sure, victory is temporary. Does that invalidate it? Should we just surrender to all these things now and get it over with?
"
ShaeG escreveu:
These casual players have two choices, play the game and be below average or find and RMT site to allow them to compete.
Where did you get the idea that the casual isn't the average? And why does the casual need to compete with the no-lifer? Shouldn't that be an optional choice, one that would require the "casual" to match the no-lifer's time investment? Should time investment not matter at all?

I'm not saying casuals should be given less opportunity than no-lifers; equality of opportunity is important. However, no one should expect no-lifer results with a casual time commitment.
"
ShaeG escreveu:
The only way to truly make a blow to RMT is to make orbs common. So much more that the only true bartering going on is between items. If there is no value in currency, supply becomes insignificant.
First off, they'd just start dealing in items instead.

Second and more important, deliberately destroying the value of something of yours is not an effective means of crime prevention. If there is no value in currency, players will not value currency, and it might as well not be in the game. Do that to everything, and yes, there is nothing left for RMT to exploit. There is also nothing left for the players.

Burning down your own house, to spite the arsonist.
"
ShaeG escreveu:
As for botting, a simple captcha window popping up here and there when zoning or randomly hourly wouldn't hinder gamers experience any more than the terrible in game chat setup.
Of course it would hinder a gamer's experience. Significantly, if it's implemented too frequently.

That said, captcha are actually a pretty good bot-stopper, so there might be some merit in that idea somewhere. If nothing else, it could be included in new account registration to prevent the botting of new accounts.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Última edição por ScrotieMcB em 15 de jun de 2013 07:01:52
"
Hovergame escreveu:
"
johnKeys escreveu:
the sad truth is, Path Of Exile binds loot rewards to time played and pure dumb luck - when the right way to go is bind them to player skill.

Typical answer from a lazy player : "I R SKILLED BUT I R NO TIME !!!! GIMME STUFF !!!!!". Of course, if you farm in docks when you are level 80 .......

I wasn't talking about myself in that part, and you weren't reading the whole thing.

I could elaborate, but I try not to feed trolls.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys escreveu:

some "casual players" (yes-lifers) are just as good in this game as the average top-ladder no-lifer, but end up being miserably poor and under-geared, simply because they can't afford to roll the dice as many times as the 24h-players do.

personally - as a long-time player and a fan of a good challenge, who got too old and too married to play constantly - I prefer stuff like crazy Uber-Bosses and arena-survival type challenges, that are guaranteed to drop something good if you can beat them (and that's a huge "if").
that, and/or make the game detect an under-leveled and under-geared character - and tweak the drops accordingly in that area.
also, make crafting more successful if done while in a dangerous area for example.
RNG doesn't have to be a static "slot machine" kind of thing. it should not be.
it should be dynamic and with logical biases and boundaries.

RMT sites are merely sharks that smell blood.
first you close the wound and stop the bleeding, then Harpoon the shark.
even better if you can do both at the same time.

and to the folks who automatically responded to my previous suggestions by saying "farming will be too easy" or "this will break the economy":
1) no it won't.
2) RMT will break the economy a lot faster. in fact, it already has.

EDIT: as for CAPTCHA - no. just no. the damn thing already is in too many places.

When it comes to the shark, you are so wrong....

you dont go get revenge on a creature because you provoked it and caused it to attack you

I think your idea of killing a shark because you are scared of it attacking you is beyond abyssmal.

"
When it comes to the shark, you are so wrong....

you dont go get revenge on a creature because you provoked it and caused it to attack you

I think your idea of killing a shark because you are scared of it attacking you is beyond abyssmal.

I do believe that in the case where you are bleeding and in a shark filled water, its quite reasonable to kill the shark, but thats not really the point is it ?
obviously we must boycott the real money transactions.

also us as players have a responsibility to discourage our fellow players from using RMT.

i dont really know how, maybe we can create fake RMT groups maybe someone can ddos the real RMT sites.

honestly i think GGG should maybe start their own RMT groups and sell disappearing items for a while make people think twice before paying money for their items.

if you got extra money to be buying virtual items to boost your ego then you prolly should be giving that money to the company that allowed for you to play this game instead.

why would you buy items to make you better at farming for gear?
IGN- Isiander
Última edição por myr em 15 de jun de 2013 07:28:57
"
myr escreveu:
honestly i think GGG should maybe start their own RMT groups and sell disappearing items for a while make people think twice before paying money for their items.
Entrapment.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB escreveu:
"
myr escreveu:
Entrapment.

yeh well ggg isnt the police and they arent trying anyone in court.

its also not entrapment for the police to sell drugs to someone and then arrest them and take their drugs :/
IGN- Isiander
if bots can flood the servers and get banned and jsut flood again why cant people flood the jsp or whatever and keep ripping people off to ruin the jsp site?

(never used jsp so i wouldnt know)
IGN- Isiander
Última edição por myr em 15 de jun de 2013 07:32:27
"
johnKeys escreveu:

I wasn't talking about myself in that part, and you weren't reading the whole thing.

I could elaborate, but I try not to feed trolls.

Being called "troll" by a troll : check !

Let me check what GGG gave to us as possibilities :
-I can create a char in a perma league and have fun. But I need a lot of time to be at the top.
-I can create a char in a 4-months league and have fun. Everybody is starting from scratch, but this is still time consuming.
-I can create chars or the races. The duration are between 12 minutes and 1 month. There are solo race, everybody starts from scratch, trading is disabled, etc. The winner is the fastest player, and it isn't really time consuming.

Thank you for showing that you don't even check what are the possibilities in this game before posting.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional