The truth about RMT and Botting

"
ShaeG escreveu:
"
oblomir escreveu:
"
ShaeG escreveu:
a simple captcha window popping up here and there when zoning or randomly hourly

A world of NO.

Elaborate....unless you are 80 yr old man who can barely type I don't see how this would hinder you.

I'm terrible at Captchas. Can we make it an arithmetic problem, a restriction digest analysis or something that doesn't involve squinting?
Última edição por Galadedrid em 16 de jun de 2013 12:47:50
"
lososthefish escreveu:
Oh, I thought that POE was all about grinding harder and harder content. You know you can basically grind docks to lvl 100? It would be hella slow though. No accomplishment at all in my book.

Small boost microtransactions are the future. This is exactly why guys and gals 20+ with jobs are the gamings future, not the nolife kids that don't have any money. Both of them play, but the working lot has less time and is willing to spend cash. Cosmetic items can only support this game, because its indie and has a lot of fans. It was also cheap to make and is not an AAA title. Chinese mmos suck, because they are just bad and not fit for European/USA market, that does not like grinding 5 years for level 100. In the most successful ones you buy leveling and grinding convinces - Age of Wushu, Mabinogi, all that Nexon crap. Path of exile is not the future of games economic behavior. Without the devotion of GGG and devotion of some players it would not come to be as it is. Convinces quadrupled profits of the server I used to be the part of administrative team, which used to have only cosmetics.

Considering how many people threw hundreds and hundreds of dollars at GGG for making PoE not p2w, I think you are wrong. A lot of people like the fact that you can't pay yourself up the ladder here :) I'd never spend money on a p2w game (Neverwinter being the most recent example, where I actually don't even bother playing just because it's p2w even though the game itself is really fun), but I'll sure as hell spend more on PoE.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
But I already said that Neverwinter and Perfect World is nothing like GGG and PoE. They are in totally separate business models. You can run a small shop, it can be amazing, but you cannot compare it to a supermarket. People don't buy stuff from you following the same merits. You don't like the supermarket, you don't chat with the clerk, supermarket will not say you can pay for that beer tomorrow when you will be buying bread. Check the neverwinter forums - supporters are hated there and ridiculed after paying 400 bucks for the game they like. Only an indie developer can have dedicated fans noways while providing a game, that has this many flaws. I love PoE but it has flaws, a lot bigger than most AAA titles that get bashed to the ground for the slightest slip.
"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
"
ShaeG escreveu:
Is there any mention of such a thing?

Not to my knowledge. How popular would such a league be btw? Without trading, the game loses a lot of its appeal. For players who are concerned about botting and what not, then GGG should at least implement such a league. I doubt it would fragment the community as severely as the new 4 month leagues.

In many ways, I am surprised that GGG doesn't support RMT. Their whole philosophy of the game has been "cut-throat" and the player is an "Exile." They promoted "ninja-looting" and found it fun... Well, nothing is more Exile than cheating the system to advance yourself.

Its the same as real life. There are people sitting on money that came to them extremely easily and there are folks slaving their ass off for chump change.

Wouldn't a self found league be hardcore in itself though? Hardcore players essentially play more/have more and due to crappy RNG and market will have better gear and more currency than everyone else making the game easier for those who have no life. A self found league its everyone vs RNG not everyone vs RNG and who can neglect their families the best.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
"
Charanjaydemyr escreveu:
"
lethal_papercut escreveu:
I feel like part of the problem is due to all orbs not having a vendor recipe or in game exchange rate. When you look at the currencies that have vendor rates you can see that for the most part they have stayed stable & rather than go to all the effort to trade for higher orbs you just go to the vendor as & when you need them.

If all orbs had a vendor rate then we wouldn't see shit like we have seen in Default where over the space of 2 weeks chaos went from 15:1 Ex to 45+:1 Ex. That change happened when poeex was sold to RMT & they controlled the market with their site because this community was dependant on that sire for currency ratios.

If we have vendor rates for all currency 3rd party sites couldn't set exchange rates for orbs & control the high orb market.

I agree with this concept, but does it extend as far as mirrors?

I agree with this concept as well, I think the only exception should be mirrors. They should still remain rare. If that's the only item botters can farm to sell for alot it will cut down on the amount of money they can make.

But this wouldn't stop people charging higher prices for items, but it would encourage crafting so you would not be as dependent on certain items.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
A thousand dollars spent on RMT is a thousand dollars spent not supporting GGG and POE.RMT is detrimental to games in so many ways from server load to loot/mechanic nerfs.

It costs money to develop and run the game.

It costs GGG money to deal with RMT.
"
Temper escreveu:
A thousand dollars spent on RMT is a thousand dollars spent not supporting GGG and POE.RMT is detrimental to games in so many ways from server load to loot/mechanic nerfs.

It costs money to develop and run the game.

It costs GGG money to deal with RMT.

/facepalm
Honestly, the only effect of RMT is making the exalted prices go up. Everything else has kept an even ratio for the most part. In this way, it hardly affects casuals since they will never have exalts. And for the lucky ones who do, they can get more for their exalted orbs.

And you have no idea if RMT has cost GGG more money or made them more money. Players can just as easily keep playing and buy more microtransactions because they are playing more since they can afford to keep doing higher level content and crafting.

I still think RMT is not for me, but I can easily see why it makes sense both to provide and to buy this service. As far as the talks of botting, it is mostly farming that supplies the orbs at a wholesale price to distributors that spam your trade chat. It is obvious when you deal with these players who have no semblance of coherence in English but sure as hell can say "ex" and a simple "yes" "no". As long as this is the base level of intelligence required to play and trade the game, RMT will exist.

There are efforts to fight RMT both from GGG and outcry from the community, but honestly I would be happy if GGG simply stopped PM spam and trade chat/public group website spam. That is good enough for me.
"
Nithryok escreveu:
"
Charanjaydemyr escreveu:
"
lethal_papercut escreveu:
I feel like part of the problem is due to all orbs not having a vendor recipe or in game exchange rate. When you look at the currencies that have vendor rates you can see that for the most part they have stayed stable & rather than go to all the effort to trade for higher orbs you just go to the vendor as & when you need them.

If all orbs had a vendor rate then we wouldn't see shit like we have seen in Default where over the space of 2 weeks chaos went from 15:1 Ex to 45+:1 Ex. That change happened when poeex was sold to RMT & they controlled the market with their site because this community was dependant on that sire for currency ratios.

If we have vendor rates for all currency 3rd party sites couldn't set exchange rates for orbs & control the high orb market.

I agree with this concept, but does it extend as far as mirrors?

I agree with this concept as well, I think the only exception should be mirrors. They should still remain rare. If that's the only item botters can farm to sell for alot it will cut down on the amount of money they can make.

But this wouldn't stop people charging higher prices for items, but it would encourage crafting so you would not be as dependent on certain items.

And I agree with this concept like all of you.

Mirrors can remain drop-only, since they do not really contribute to crafting, but allow for a legal one-time dupe of a superb item. I would have no problems finding a Mirror once a year or two if I could realistically craft my items without cursing myself for wasting currency when I could have bought stuff instead. On that note, currency usage needs to be tweaked, but that's for another thread.

Back to the point, though: If vendor rates were fixed, we would see a much more stable trading economy for currencies. Sure, it would fluctuate a little due to the inherent ease of bypassing steps or trading downwards, but you sure as heck would never see 55 Chaos to 1 Exalt if the vendor rate (after converting) stood at, say, 20:1.

This would in turn help to regulate currency use, as mentioned above, because in the current situation, nobody but the really rich would want to use an Exalt simply because of how powerful it is as money in the bank (that keeps appreciating in value, too).

My only worry, though, is that leaving Mirrors out of vendors might then make them the new Exalt, i.e. valuable things are only bought and sold in Mirrors.
"
ShaeG escreveu:
Nice post John, I guess in a way one of the big contributors to the failure of POE's system is terrible terrible RNG. You pretty much have to have no life to play competitively or enjoy end game. This won't work. MOST players are casual.

I'd hate to ever undermine the game by going to an RMT site.

But at the same time, I must realize that I don't have the time to farm all this high-end stuff, so I will *always* be at a huge disadvantage compared to those who can, and therefore the game will simply not be as fun. *shrug*

At least I'll be playing legit, though. :)
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Última edição por VideoGeemer em 3 de jul de 2013 17:37:57

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional