The truth about RMT and Botting

"
ShaeG escreveu:
Is there any mention of such a thing?

Nope, not a word, even though it has been shouted from the rooftops wanting such word, any word.

I guess, no shopping isn't HC enough in GGGs eyes.

That said, there may be something to cling onto in hope with the recent changes to counter RMT.

There is now, in game, a mechanic that can flag your account to not trade orbs (and items?), via trade window or dropping. Orbs are all allocated to the account.

If this can be extended to all items (if not already), which seems feasible enough, then we have half the requirements in place already. The other half being orbs actually dropping in game that allow crafting and map rolling without shopping.

There's hope, although slim.
Casually casual.

Última edição por TheAnuhart em 16 de jun de 2013 10:20:29
Best way to stop botting would be to add a pop up on screen every 30-45 mins where u had to use your mouse to click a series of numbers that the Bot couldn't see but it would get annoying and could mess with combat
IGN:SYVRUS
LEts see when NW DD came out like 40 days ago, first week I spent 220$ on ingame Zen and RMT AD.

Needless to say ill never do that again.

And I am a hardcore gamer, who just recently had a son, and started a full time job. So my life has changed a whole lot.

Before I was just a college student who gamed 24/7

RMT doesnt give an unfair advantage, because only about 5% of the population even does it.
Invasion - No Sacrifice No Glory

HTTP://WWW.TWITCH.TV/THISISDEUX
Holly... First person that actually has a job and knows how life works. I support cash shops with all my heart. If you can get all those time played/drop/exp/crafting boosters the normal way, but investing time and if the prices are not as retarded as the perfect worlds. Giving away 1 buck for 1 hour 50% exp or 50% rarity scroll would be nice for all those people that have less time than money. They could also trade those for orbs if they wanted, just to buy what they need. Outsourced RMT would die this way. People always go for legal if not legal has a risk and is not 4 times as expensive. It's a win-win situation.
Última edição por lososthefish em 16 de jun de 2013 11:14:11
"
lososthefish escreveu:
Holly... First person that actually has a job and knows how life works. I support cash shops with all my heart. If you can get all those time played/drop/exp/crafting boosters the normal way, but investing time and if the prices are not as retarded as the perfect worlds. Giving away 1 buck for 1 hour 50% exp or 50% rarity scroll would be nice for all those people that have less time than money. They could also trade those for orbs if they wanted, just to buy what they need. Outsourced RMT would die this way. People always go for legal if not legal has a risk and is not 4 times as expensive. It's a win-win situation.

Thankfully GGG will never do this :) some people actually like to play a game and accomplish something in it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Spending more time on something that could be done faster is an accomplishment? This would provide some funding, eliminate outsourced RMT and have no impact on the skill factor of the game. Scrolls ofc not available in races. I really see no downside but the good old "he spends less time than me so he has to have it harder because because" approach. Same shows when people cry that a guy can get 2 mirrors at hillocks beach normal from 2 killed monsters and get super rich. Microtransactions are the future.
I think GGG-run RMT is better than 3rd-party RMT.
the first is like Diablo 3, while the second often involves real-world crime and exploitation.
so out of two evils, select the lesser.

but personally, I prefer no RMT at all.
despite being one of those "old and married" casual players, I would still take no "shortcuts", unless they are based on pure skill.
in part, because I hate everything about Diablo 3 and other money-grab AAA titles sold today.

I also wish RNG wasn't the all-powerful god of Path Of Exile, but that's for another discussion.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Última edição por johnKeys em 16 de jun de 2013 11:59:57
"
lososthefish escreveu:
Spending more time on something that could be done faster is an accomplishment? This would provide some funding, eliminate outsourced RMT and have no impact on the skill factor of the game. Scrolls ofc not available in races. I really see no downside but the good old "he spends less time than me so he has to have it harder because because" approach. Same shows when people cry that a guy can get 2 mirrors at hillocks beach normal from 2 killed monsters and get super rich. Microtransactions are the future.

Yes it is. What else is to be done in this game other than gather levels and items? Nothing. If you can buy both (that's what you're basically suggesting) then why play?

And you are right when you say that microtransactions are the future (they are actually already the present), but not in a way you suggest them to be implemented. Those kinds of games are dying out quickly, even the Chinese MMOs which were 100% pay2win are slowly changing their approach to microtransactions.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Oh, I thought that POE was all about grinding harder and harder content. You know you can basically grind docks to lvl 100? It would be hella slow though. No accomplishment at all in my book.

Small boost microtransactions are the future. This is exactly why guys and gals 20+ with jobs are the gamings future, not the nolife kids that don't have any money. Both of them play, but the working lot has less time and is willing to spend cash. Cosmetic items can only support this game, because its indie and has a lot of fans. It was also cheap to make and is not an AAA title. Chinese mmos suck, because they are just bad and not fit for European/USA market, that does not like grinding 5 years for level 100. In the most successful ones you buy leveling and grinding convinces - Age of Wushu, Mabinogi, all that Nexon crap. Path of exile is not the future of games economic behavior. Without the devotion of GGG and devotion of some players it would not come to be as it is. Convinces quadrupled profits of the server I used to be the part of administrative team, which used to have only cosmetics.
Última edição por lososthefish em 16 de jun de 2013 12:17:05
"
lososthefish escreveu:
Oh, I thought that POE was all about grinding harder and harder content. You know you can basically grind docks to lvl 100? It would be hella slow though. No accomplishment at all in my book.

Small boost microtransactions are the future. This is exactly why guys and gals 20+ with jobs are the gamings future, not the nolife kids that don't have any money. Both of them play, but the working lot has less time and is willing to spend cash. Cosmetic items can only support this game, because its indie and has a lot of fans. It was also cheap to make and is not an AAA title. Chinese mmos suck, because they are just bad and not fit for European/USA market, that does not like grinding 5 years for level 100. In the most successful ones you buy leveling and grinding convinces - Age of Wushu, Mabinogi, all that Nexon crap. Path of exile is not the future of games economic behavior. Without the devotion of GGG and devotion of some players it would not come to be as it is. Convinces quadrupled profits of the server I used to be the part of administrative team, which used to have only cosmetics.

Ok, I'll tell you a secret : the goal of the devs isn't to make as money as possible.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional