The truth about RMT and Botting

It isn't about "buff me" it is about adding structure to the games failure of an economic system. We play Path of Exile because the game is challenging. We don't "want" everything handed to us. But we do want what makes an ARPG. Balance, discovery, diversity a way to make our toons personal. Options only open to no lifers currently. Orbs are useless via crafting for casual players. Orbs are so uncommon and in such high demand RMT sites are having a hayday. They run in teams 24/7 flooding our market. Look at the new league markets already being crushed by inflation. It's not just RMT and bots, the root is the process
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
If you can't even asnwer in the right thread ....
Is this game perfect ? No. Does Melee needs a buff/nerf ? I don't know, hence I don't post.

I'm stopping to asnwer johnKeys, he's a troll.

Orbs : 5 chaos/hour with a level 80 (I probably don't even need to be 80, 60-70 should be enough). If that's too low for you, I guess that we don't aim for the same gear.
How about adding a cooldown on instance drops which will make it harder to get rare/magic drops/orbs.

This would come into play when a player has run a map a set amount of times(2-3 times?).

With this it would be harder for botters and or 24/7 players to get right back into the same instance over and over.
"
Hovergame escreveu:

I'm stopping to asnwer johnKeys, he's a troll.

mission accomplished.

man it feels so good to counter-troll the elitist troll into quitting :)

now, let's get this thread back on topic shall we, ShaeG?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Zequron escreveu:
How about adding a cooldown on instance drops which will make it harder to get rare/magic drops/orbs.

This would come into play when a player has run a map a set amount of times(2-3 times?).

With this it would be harder for botters and or 24/7 players to get right back into the same instance over and over.

Solution : cycle between 2/3 maps.
Most RMT stock comes from regular players selling orbs in bulk to the sellers. There are entire communities of RMT supporters and single persons running their own private RMT on forums. limiting the number of times you could refresh an area would just end up being annoying for regular players.

I'm telling you it has to be stopped at the root. The desire has to be altered. Why is there no recipe for all orbs? All or a should be purchasable on the vendors. x2B = x1A and so on. Like it is for the lower currencies all the way to the top.

After orb value is normalized the economy should stabilize...but it wouldn't. It has to be more than just that. There has to be a way to acquire wealth other than having no life or RMT. I believe the solution could be in addressing the demand.
"
ShaeG escreveu:
There has to be a way to acquire wealth other than having no life or RMT.

That there is wealth at all, in an aRPG, other than the value of your items for your characters, in modern day, is the problem.

The root of the problem is the core design, it won't be changed.

Hope for a self found league that can flourish as an aRPG and leave the mess that is everything else to its own design-flawed demise.
Casually casual.

1. The only way to stop RMT is to stop trading all together. This can be tested in an iron man league of sorts, where trading is disabled and players progress with self found gear only.

2. Botting isn't the only issue. MULTI-BOXING is another issue. When I saw in chat forums that there are GGG devs that multi-box, I gave up caring about it.

3. Real Money trumps any game currency. If I'm a yes-lifer with a stable job making real money, then the temptation will always be there to bypass grinding/trading for currency/items. Most people don't have the time to play a game 10+hrs a day...

4. GGG provides the option for players to support the game with real money. There are individuals in this thread that have contributed up to $12,500+ (thanks for helping support GGG btw) to the developers. If I can afford to send GGG $ to support the game, what is preventing an individual from buying an exalted for whatever they go for on a RMT site or someone trading for real money?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Última edição por Catchafire2000 em 16 de jun de 2013 09:55:02
"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
1. The only way to stop RMT is to stop trading all together. This can be tested in an iron man league of sorts, where trading is disabled and players progress with self found gear only.

2. Botting isn't the only issue. MULTI-BOXING is another issue. When I saw in chat forums that there are GGG devs that multi-box, I gave up caring about it.

3. Real Money trumps any game currency. If I'm a yes-lifer with a stable job making real money, then the temptation will always be there to bypass grinding/trading for currency/items. Most people don't have the time to play a game 10+hrs a day...

4. GGG provides the option for players to support the game with real money. There are individuals in this thread that have contributed up to $12,500+ (thanks for helping support GGG btw) to the developers. If I can afford to send GGG $ to support the game, what is preventing an individual from buying an exalted for whatever they go for on a RMT site or someone trading for real money?

Very good. If only there was a self found league(preferably not time limited like the new leagues, not having the time to battle terrible RNG and getting "wiped" mid progress. Would suck.)

Is there any mention of such a thing?
"
ShaeG escreveu:
Is there any mention of such a thing?

Not to my knowledge. How popular would such a league be btw? Without trading, the game loses a lot of its appeal. For players who are concerned about botting and what not, then GGG should at least implement such a league. I doubt it would fragment the community as severely as the new 4 month leagues.

In many ways, I am surprised that GGG doesn't support RMT. Their whole philosophy of the game has been "cut-throat" and the player is an "Exile." They promoted "ninja-looting" and found it fun... Well, nothing is more Exile than cheating the system to advance yourself.

Its the same as real life. There are people sitting on money that came to them extremely easily and there are folks slaving their ass off for chump change.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional