The Infernal Blow HEAVY METAL Marauder - Build Guide (1.1 Updated!)

What's the point of running hatred? Shouldn't this build run Anger?
"
Bearclaw escreveu:

DpS.

Anger only provides flat fire damage.
Hatred provides a percentage amount of your DpS as extra DpS.

Same with Added fire and Added cold/lightning, except this time it's the other way around, fire gets the percentage.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock escreveu:
"
Bearclaw escreveu:

DpS.

Anger only provides flat fire damage.
Hatred provides a percentage amount of your DpS as extra DpS.

Same with Added fire and Added cold/lightning, except this time it's the other way around, fire gets the percentage.

Can you elaborate on fire getting the percentage? Isn't Hatred cold damage?
Hatred and added fire damage are based on your physical dps, while others are flat damage bonuses. Percentage based ones are better for high phys damage classes, since they scale from your phys damage.
Sorry, was misleading.

For each element, there is an aura and a support gem.

-

The "added fire damage" gem says "adds % of physical damage as fire".
Added cold and lightning gem adds fixed values that don't scale with physical damage.

First one is good for Physical DpS builds, the other two are not.

-

Same goes for auras, but with this time with cold (Hatred).

Hatred says "adds % of physical damage as cold".
Anger and Wrath add fixed values of damage as fire and lightning.

So again, we use Hatred on physical DpS builds because it scales.

You could use Anger instead (and stay true to the fire idea), but it is not worth it in terms of overall DpS.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Here is the passive tree for 1.1 Ill update OP soon!!

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvVEmoGGoe0iF25_e-Vw2Rzrvt9zJyqXzZDjyfyzpS3pbiQ7akmApAoJ65BS1gS3rvdO0S4WEhh2qQbKmUhNllTUd-q8W9gZkrrKpbr04qKaXdDfzFZ6CHdkp9WfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4OthN2Ix2njyBbwSzFE0CcaIAqWiDOO985K3ewS3SUea0L0E_gSvfspSHWD2exTboZKMaVYTvbmm-p9JNwA_wHyXfpzCezRQgUEcYkRRx1e1qk7ZB

Using Blood magic supports now instead of mana running Grace+hatred.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
ZiggyD escreveu:
Here is the passive tree for 1.1 Ill update OP soon!!

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvVEmoGGoe0iF25_e-Vw2Rzrvt9zJyqXzZDjyfyzpS3pbiQ7akmApAoJ65BS1gS3rvdO0S4WEhh2qQbKmUhNllTUd-q8W9gZkrrKpbr04qKaXdDfzFZ6CHdkp9WfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4OthN2Ix2njyBbwSzFE0CcaIAqWiDOO985K3ewS3SUea0L0E_gSvfspSHWD2exTboZKMaVYTvbmm-p9JNwA_wHyXfpzCezRQgUEcYkRRx1e1qk7ZB

Using Blood magic supports now instead of mana running Grace+hatred.

Wooohoo! Look forward to it soon! =)
Found your guide immensely useful to get started this new season =)
Fully Updated OP for 1.1! I'll make a video on the changes pretty soon as well as explaining the leveling route for the passive tree!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
is this marauder build also good for 'endgame'?

I'm aktually on my way to build it on my own.
I have decided to give this build a try, I believe it may have what it takes to do +70 maps.

With that said, I am also familiar enough with this game to be honest with myself and I hope you are too. If you are starting fresh, meaning you are "NOT" playing in the Standard league.

Here are a few truths:

#1 - 90% or more of us playing this build or a your close adaptation of this build will never find, buy and/or steal a "Marohi" (current cost 4 - 11 exalts) the prices will drop a bit over the next 4 to 6 weeks but you will still spend 3+ exalts, IMO. Realizing this I too will continue in my endeavor.

#2 - Getting to and running maps level 66 to 71 should not be a problem for any well thought out build, but running level 72+ maps is where ok builds are left way behind. For me, I will not truly know the true merit of this build until then.

#3 - Resists - if your resists are not maxed you will die - a lot.

#4 - Grace or Determination are a must - or you will die - a lot.

#5 - Historically a five link "crap" chest piece costs 15 chaos minimum, finding a linked 5 piece in a vendors shop does happen, I found two in domination. I also found 1 six link ax on the ground that helps you on your way to being able to afford a Marohi.

With those truths in front of me, I keep advancing towards level 82 which is my goal, at that point I will then know if this build has merit.

** Just saying: I am also building a backup plan with a 1 hand weapon & shield to switch out to when all appears lost during my climb towards 82.

Currently level 28 and having a blast.

There are four of us (all family) playing together every night, all with (totally) different needs in our builds - in fact they rushed me through into cruel last night to the ledge. We formed a 4 person guild and that too helps.

Thanks for the build update now the grind, good hunting all.

Ishkabibble
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional