Holy Flame Totem

"
Vipermagi escreveu:
"
Whomp escreveu:
So the listed range at the start was around 2000, maybe a bit less, and I'm at level 56 now and it's at 4100. However, there is currently no noticable difference in range. It seems to be about the same.

Totem Range != Projectile range.
Totem Range only effects how far the Totem can spot enemies.

Oh...well virtually all problems with this totem would be fixed by increasing its range. the only other one that seems to be awful is that it has no resistances to elemental damage and elemental damage is clearly scaled at end game with the idea that players are going to have resistances...so the totem just gets destroyed immediately by say packs of caster skels
I don't see the low damage whine justified. With just faster casting on my 72 witch, it comes close to 1.9k dps. With Searing Touch, burn damage passives and ele proliferation, the totem in fact becomes a monster. Wipes a merciless Docks screen in seconds (single totem).
Code. Frag. | gplus.to/mystrdat | twitch.tv/mystrdat
Última edição por mystrdat em 6 de mar de 2013 18:13:03
"
mystrdat escreveu:
I don't see the low damage whine justified. With just faster casting on my 72 witch, it comes close to 1.9k dps. With Searing Touch, burn damage passives and ele proliferation, the totem in fact becomes a monster. Wipes a merciless Docks screen in seconds (single totem).

Not sure why you'd put proliferation, it spreads a dot that probably does like 50DPS. The DPS of the skill is good but it uses a lot of very small hits, so a burn proc of these small hits is a very crappy dot and ignite burns don't stack so you. Look at the damage per hit on the tooltip, then calculate a crit and then take 33% of that damage. That's the DPS of the ignite burn.
Nah, with greater multiple it does fantastic dps, my listed is 700 so x 5 = 3500 dps for a single totem, and then I have two and am only level 59.

My problem with it is equal level caster mobs are 1 shotting it and outrange it also, and yes I have a 17% qual gem with both totem life nodes. Combined with its massive mana cost it's just impractical to use in a lot of situations.
Now this is highly redundant with incinerate, I don't think this skill has a reason to exist anymore.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
i have flame totem with added lightning damage, quality 15. Quality 15 = 7% chance to shock. In the tooltip the lightning damage is listed but not the shock chance, is this intended?

Is 7% shock chance affected by the 0.1 damage multiplier for some reason making it 0.7%? Either way that should be listed as 1% if that was the case?

Having a hard time testing it out because of all them flames i fail to see the state of the mob :)
IGN: COCBOYbEaUtY
The Damage Effectiveness only applies to, well, damage. You get the full 7% Shock.
Likely to just be a display error :)
Yeah, thats what i thought too. However my testing tells me its not working. I went to find a yellow mob in merciless. Removed all gems except added lightning damage (w/ quality) and used a level 1 flame totem. It was probably firing at the mob for 20 seconds or so and it didnt get shocked once. If the 7% shock chance was applied thats very statisticly unlikley :/.
Do note that the Shock Duration is based on Lightning damage dealt versus target Max Life, and it needs to last at least 300ms or so to apply in the first place. Check the Mechanics thread in Beta General for more specifics. :)
Última edição por Vipermagi em 9 de mar de 2013 05:28:16
I see. Well, the small ammount of lightning damage you get from the gem will never be enough to damage a enemy mob (on the same level) for 1%, which is whats needed to apply a shock.

"Shocked: 276ms per 1% max life dealt as lightning".

So i guess this makes the added lightning gem pretty useless for flame totem, even if it has quality. Sure itll give you some extra damage, but if you want extra damage you are better off with the added chaos gem i recon.

Thanks for helping me sort that out >.<

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional