Holy Flame Totem

I demand to be able to use tiki skin on flame totem!!!!!!!!! I almost died when I found out they don't work!
did flame totem get nerfed im lookin at wiki it says its 102-154 per cast my flame totem says 10-15 at same level...somethings wrong here.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
leighferon escreveu:
did flame totem get nerfed im lookin at wiki it says its 102-154 per cast my flame totem says 10-15 at same level...somethings wrong here.

Damage Effectiveness. The Wiki lists Base damage, which does not include DE.
Please make it see through and tone down the visuals like the previous poster said. I was using this skill with GMP/Faster Proj/Blind as a defense to blind monsters but I can't see if they are getting blinded or the auras on monsters (i.e. reflect in maps), and that pretty much ruins the whole purpose of my using it - safety.

I had to switch to firestorm spell totem, which is not nearly as effective with blind, but at least I can see what I'm doing.
Does projectile speed mods from gear give any additional distance to the totem? Or only the support gem? just wanted to make sure before i buy some expensive wand/scepter for my char.
IGN:
ExplodingSavageDrunkard
Yep they do! Keep in mind though that the totem has its own cast range, so faster projectiles may make the flames go farther, but it won't affect the range in which the totem detects an enemy and starts shooting fire.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Última edição por Avelice em 29 de jul de 2013 12:04:16
"
VeryBrightLight escreveu:
I demand to be able to use tiki skin on flame totem!!!!!!!!! I almost died when I found out they don't work!

this !!

please make the skin also for flame, decoy and the other totems
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
bump
Is there any reason at all this only lasts only 15 seconds? Or why any of the other totems have shorter durations than Spell or Ranged Totem?

Let's review Flame Totem to its cousin, Incinerated Spell Totem with some crude estimates:

Flame Totem
12 Hits per second
15 Second duration
336ish damage per second
102 Mana
30% increased life

Incinerate Totem
6 Hits per second
32 to 41 Second duration
285ish to 1140ish damage per second, after warming up
17.5 Mana
40% increased projectile speed

When it comes to procuring Blind and Knockback, the Flame Totem is pretty much king, yes. But how much so? Rough odds to procure Blind within any given second:

Flame: 71%ish
Incinerate: >52%ish

As Blind status lasts at least 5 seconds once its leveled up, odds are either will have achieved lock-down by 3 seconds in. Still, you could make the argument it's ~36% "better" at blinding monsters.

But that's not what gets my goat. It lasts less than half as long, does less than half as much damage, has no way to have innate additional range, and costs over 5 times as much mana. In short, if you have 3 linked sockets free, Flame Totem is absolute garbage.

Most of the dedicated totem skills fall into a similar grotto; worse duration, less damage, very blah compared to the Spell Totem. I get that S.Totems are fun, and therefore shouldn't be weak, but the vanilla totems don't have to be an order of magnitude weaker in order to prop them up comparatively. The difference between these two isn't just one support gem: it's closer to eight or ten of the things.

Also it's still extremely lulzy that this is a far better decoy totem than Decoy Totem, too.
Última edição por LimitedRooster em 19 de ago de 2013 14:35:01
You missed a couple of key factors for considering dps:

1) Flame totem gets 1 more support gem (because it doesn't need 'spell totem').

2) Flame totem has a 4% base crit chance (instead of 0%).

If your build already has lots of spell crit chance and multiplier, then flame totem's DPS can ramp up quite a bit, whereas incinerate's won't.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional