Ranged Attack Totem

The base skill is "Ice Shot". Ice Shot only works when a bow is equipped, as it is a bow skill. As Ranged Attack Totem is a Support Gem, you still have to match the prequisites of the base skill; namely, you have to have a bow equipped to use Ice Shot, regardless of its supports.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
"
Imverykind escreveu:
Hi,

how much Mana has a totem?

"
soul4hdwn escreveu:
infinite

Amazing, is that true? Can a Mod please confirm this? And what about Accuracy? Did it take my accuracy rate?
IGN: PuryFIre
Última edição por Imverykind em 7 de mar de 2013 08:51:54
totems uses your stats to use your skills, period for everything (well this totem specifically only does ranged attacks so bows or wands) which is gear + passives.

they have thier own mana pool, defense, and hp. thier mp and regen isn't literally infinite but high enough to never run out, or they make costs 0mp for themselves... same difference different method. there's no point in being exact when totems NEVER stop if there is a target in range.
2 questions about this totem.

1. Does it use my accuracy since it is still an attack and not a spell it doesn't have guaranteed hit right? so it should still be effected by things like resolute technique right?

2. does weapon elemental damage work with this since the totem "still uses your weapon"

It works exactly the same as if you used the skill. It uses the exact same skill after all.
"
Coldet escreveu:
Edit: Ok so I put Power syphon on the totem and she works. Sad that you can't mix 'n match this though. In my mind "Ranged Attack" shouldn't be binding you to a specific weapon type. But I guess that's just me.
The "Ranged Attack" totem isn't restricting you to a specific weapon type. The skill "Ice Shot", which is explicitly an arrow-firing skill that can only be used with a bow, is restricting you.
Última edição por Mark_GGG em 11 de mar de 2013 01:43:39
Ranged Attack Totem uses all increased attack speed you have when it fires, but I wonder if summoning the totem does.
It looks like it's not and that feels kinda lacking (Spell Totem works with everything related to spells and nothing related to attacks).

Standing still for whole second is often a dead sentence and boosting cast speed just to safely summon that shining rock feels awful. I think passive increases to attack speed should affect that 1 second summon time.
Probably not IAS on weapon since it should only affect stuff fired from that weapon (and summoning a huge rock is clearly not look like firing an arrow).
Also, only IAS and not Cast Speed should affect summon time to make it logically fullfilled.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Última edição por Sarganis87 em 14 de mar de 2013 17:29:46
Summoning a totem is inherently a cast rather than an attack. We're aware this makes for less synergy with the appropriate speed stat for ranged attack totem, and there are plans to give other ways to improve totem summoning speed in future.
Like, you know, adding +1-1,5% Cast Speed per RAT's Quality and/or Level?
Or maybe decrease base cast speed by 0.01-0.015 per Quality and/or Level?
Seems like simpliest solutions...

One more thing: Spell Totem already benefits from Cast Speed, so making Totem Cast Speed passives is not an option.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Última edição por Sarganis87 em 16 de mar de 2013 11:48:06
just have it use whichever is higher, attack or cast, speed. averaging the two won't work as that'll end up too slow.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional