Moosifer's 2h Sweep Duelist

Altho your updated thoughts on the build are great, there seem to be an error in the link displaying the basic build. I would enjoy trying out the build on my 60 Duelist and have been perfecting the gear the past few days, but don't want to risk putting the passive points in the wrong place after all the work.

Would you mind relinking the general basic build?
Ok tree updated for a 3rd time. Hopefully it works this time. I'm hoping my next reply isn't me listing every passive I got.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Hey there! Just wanted to say that I like your build, but I've had the urge to do a bit of nitpicking on it. My highest level is only 34, but I enjoy doing the math for builds.

First is the Attack Speed node at the start. Putting a point in that, if you didn't have the 4% Evasion per Frenzy Charge, would actually be more beneficial than having an extra charge, and even then, it's still a decent benefit for just a single point.

You've also picked up 2 Dex nodes to get to Leather and Steel, but you can approach it from the other side with one more point, giving you an additional +10 Dex and +16% increased Armour/Evasion over what you've chosen.

And again, your approach to Smashing Blows. You took Bloodless to get to it, and correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe it's worthless for PvE since mobs rarely leech life, if at all. You can get +16% more damage instead by using one more point.

The last small nitpick is in the +1 Endurance Charge in the Marauder area. This is mostly personal preference, as I'm not sure if this build can easily stack them up, but having 5 instead of 4 charges up boosts your EHP by 6.67% against physical damage and even more against elemental damage if you haven't hit the cap. Comparatively, even if you only have +100% max Life, a +12% max Life node would boost your EHP by 6%. Picking up that point is essentially better than picking up a +12% max Life node so long as you can maintain max charges.

And finally, I've made my own modified version of your build to better suit my playstyle and to compare it against yours. Since you've said you were no longer thinking of taking IR/US, I've taken those out and added in the Attack Speed node to even out the points between the two to get a more accurate comparison. I've changed all that I mentioned previously, and I took out the Crit Multiplier nodes and the life nodes in the Marauder area to add in more straight-up damage. Mine can probably be cleaned up a bit more, but this is mostly for the sake of a direct comparison.

Yours and mine, and the key differences between them (mine on the left and yours on the right).

Assuming that the +45% more damage and +40% more attack speed from level 16 support gems and the Frenzy Charge attack speed bonuses stack additively with passives rather than multiplicatively (not sure on this one, but it benefits yours moreso than mine if so), my total dps comes to 6.41x base dps and yours comes to 5.14x base dps. On crits, it becomes 9.62x base dps to 12.33x base dps, respectively. So without crits, mine deals 1.25x the dps of yours, and with crits, 0.78x the dps of yours. Unfortunately, these calculations can't take gear into account, but they serve as a good ballpark of what the difference is like. Mine doesn't have quite as much burst potential, but its average damage is probably around the same when taking Diamond Flasks into account.

In terms of defense though, I was able to get the other Leather and Steel with the spare points from not grabbing crit and the Marauder life nodes, bringing my bonus Armour/Evasion up to +104% from 24% at the cost of losing 1.9% max life regenerated per second, which I'd say is a very good tradeoff. Other than that, defense has barely changed.

Yeesh, that's a lot more than what I was expecting to write. Though anyway, as I said, I just felt like writing this up for fun and to see what others thought. Feel free to interpret it however you want.
ugh, you are making me mull over a build I'm done with but it's good for people who are lost with duelist so I'll endulge you.

Also, tbh alot of the corrections from your build to mine were because I redid the tree from memory as I haven't respecced my 81 guy since the reset, nor have even logged onto him since well before it.

"
Psylight escreveu:
First is the Attack Speed node at the start. Putting a point in that, if you didn't have the 4% Evasion per Frenzy Charge, would actually be more beneficial than having an extra charge, and even then, it's still a decent benefit for just a single point.

Possibly right on this one. I picked up the 2nd frenzy charge well after I decided to get that first one. Like around lvl 80 on my 2nd attempt on this character late. So I probably stuck with it out of habit. I like the charges lasting longer as it allowed me to cool the engines a little more rather than being a raging maniac the entire time I was engaged.

"
You've also picked up 2 Dex nodes to get to Leather and Steel, but you can approach it from the other side with one more point, giving you an additional +10 Dex and +16% increased Armour/Evasion over what you've chosen.

Needed the dex for blood rage. Before the reset that lead to this change I literally had a +10 dex to no where just to support it. Was also before they made that +30 dex node easier to get. So it's like that because I haven't looked too min-maxie at this build since recent changes.

"
And again, your approach to Smashing Blows. You took Bloodless to get to it, and correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe it's worthless for PvE since mobs rarely leech life, if at all. You can get +16% more damage instead by using one more point.

TBH, again laziness. I forgot how I approached this just that I knew I had it so I went through bloodless to make it easy. Lol.

"
The last small nitpick is in the +1 Endurance Charge in the Marauder area. This is mostly personal preference, as I'm not sure if this build can easily stack them up, but having 5 instead of 4 charges up boosts your EHP by 6.67% against physical damage and even more against elemental damage if you haven't hit the cap. Comparatively, even if you only have +100% max Life, a +12% max Life node would boost your EHP by 6%. Picking up that point is essentially better than picking up a +12% max Life node so long as you can maintain max charges.

I don't like depending on endurance charges so I don't lean towards them much. I did give serious thought to getting it with the LR bonus but the higher lvl/better gear I got the less I needed the LR or extra charge. I don't use enduring cry and the only place I NEEDED charges was against mlvl 70 Brutus, which is difficult to achieve with warlord's so I didn't bother getting the charges. If you were to depend more on cry over warlord's the extra charge + LR bonus would be much better. Without I think the bonus life is a better grab.

Oh and I hope everyone knows that maxing resists with melee is a high priority. After lvl 55-60 I never had below 70 resists. 70 was bad and was never more than one. About lvl 60 I had 80 AR and was able to start respeccing out of resist nodes. I go around the mara resists but when lvling I get every single one until I get gear that allows me to get rid of them.

"
In terms of defense though, I was able to get the other Leather and Steel with the spare points from not grabbing crit and the Marauder life nodes, bringing my bonus Armour/Evasion up to +104% from 24% at the cost of losing 1.9% max life regenerated per second, which I'd say is a very good tradeoff. Other than that, defense has barely changed.

Yeesh, that's a lot more than what I was expecting to write. Though anyway, as I said, I just felt like writing this up for fun and to see what others thought. Feel free to interpret it however you want.

With how armor and evasion work currently I'm not a fan of getting much. In fact, I'll never get that leather and steel wheel at the bottom. There's a similar one for shadows that I'll always get that's way out of the way. The reason I'll get that one is ES = life, so it's basically 10% eva, 10% life, 10% ES cooldown and 10% AR. It's 4 BEEFY nodes, while leather and steel by itself is 3 wimpy nodes.

I also like having the LR much more than eva/armor as you'll need 3.8% to match blood rage and whatever else on top will cover skills and regening life taken from damage. I've considered trying to get more LR.

I like that you've made changes to make the build your own, it makes me happy. I'm not a fan of people just taking other people's builds and making them. I much rather people take this build as a base and create something different with it.

My goal so far has been to try and make a cookie cutter duelist build that isn't just a mara or ranger. While I'm failing at it, at least people aren't seeing duelist as the weakest class so much anymore.

Enjoy.
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Última edição por Moosifer em 9 de dez de 2012 03:02:03
Here is what I am currently running:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmSvKkN3jXzks-4TZqZSQbIdqJd8b-qQZAdy-ingNWK9GaTboAeenMPe-FCBQR0d-ZU0UUr6n1e3STcAPapNuadX4xLgs6d0NWz06szWGnaq5zZAKYSGE73Tteu9gSwUtQKDvTii1YIhhUp_LIWB08Z65GNtDnA6tKaX8xWegh3ZKfQ==

It's very similar but I don't use blood magic, I take some mana nodes instead and I run 2 aura's (hatred + Grace), I am very close to running 3 (need the right gear).

I use sweep for normal mobs and I can switch to sword + shield for bosses and use lighting strike/shield charge.

I am currently 57 and I have about 1800 life and 60% damage reduction with 2 hander. The only thing is that I still die quite often and even with all those defensive nodes/life stacking it just doesn't seem to be enough. The duelist has all these great offensive nodes but there is almost zero room to fit them in. It feels like defensive nodes rule this game.
Tree is 90% EHP and if you use mana instead of BM you are left with 100% towards non-DPS. Your life is way too low, I usually go to vaal in merci with about 2k-2.5k life.

Get more life on gear, ignore how much armor it has just get 50+ life on each piece.
bump so someone can easily find it
Stalkering

This build reminds me of a russian monkey

alsobump
"
EpsiIon escreveu:
Stalkering

This build reminds me of a russian monkey

alsobump

picture example please

edit: also, 8k views! for a non-botw build. I think this thread is close to having more views than the entire duelist front page combined.
Última edição por Moosifer em 8 de jan de 2013 01:25:08
This build is viable on the ranger side of the tree and ends up with better base stats too!

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILhmO7YPTfjWSTsjuDhrb-WPnVL3mJP0-z9UAUUczDP4rGdX_3qq4qn-HGSP27_BaSFb6_MVnoId2Sn3dDVuvGNtDnA6tKaV08Z65LIVaGrZBapPADyFgQKAFLWBLeu907e9OouoS4WEhh2qQbKmUhNks-1853ePKkJkrKLVgiGFSn8syCVYEhmA6Ut-_DjwUcacwFCBQRxiRyZj3vp7N0iFXDdlhGS4n7fPd1I-53fIv7w7nUlRJXz_2SIzPUFBYY8bY

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional