Cast on Crit

If Cast on Crit worked for spells it would likely be insanely OP. Since you don't have to worry about accuracy at all, and many spells have higher base Crit Chance than most weapons, it's significantly easier to crit with spells than with attacks for the most part* so it would be super easy to chain spells like nobody's business. Ice Spear example as above being a good example.

Totems can be killed, and they can't move, so it's not quite the same as having infinitely chaining Ice Spears that keep going as long as there are targets in sight.

*Obvious exception is Lioneye's, and I think a LA build based on Lioneye's / high crit / cast on crit would be interesting.
"
*Obvious exception is Lioneye's, and I think a LA build based on Lioneye's / high crit / cast on crit would be interesting.

Lioneye is no exception, rofl.

Never missing isn't a giant perk.

You can easily get 90% chance to hit with a rare bow, and a rare bow can have 38% more crit chance.

So the comparison is: 100 / 90 = lioneye hits 11% more often

6.9 / 5 = rare bow crits 38% more often

winner: rares
So who is going to actually use this gem as a part of their main attack? The damage from the spell is going to be pitifully weak even if you have loads of projectile nodes. Chris said very clearly most builds would not benefit from this.

You need to devote 2 gem sockets for cast on crit + a spell which will gimp your dps by a ton.

LA+WED+LL+LMP + spell on crit + ice spear?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim escreveu:
So who is going to actually use this gem as a part of their main attack? The damage from the spell is going to be pitifully weak even if you have loads of projectile nodes. Chris said very clearly most builds would not benefit from this.

You need to devote 2 gem sockets for cast on crit + a spell which will gimp your dps by a ton.

It's a TRIGGER.

You can just socket spell on crit + ice spear into a different item and any time you crit it will work.

At least that's how the defensive triggers worked. Not sure why offensive ones should be different.

Because when you add a trigger you can't use that attack/spell yourself.
"
tikitaki escreveu:
"

You can easily get 90% chance to hit with a rare bow, and a rare bow can have 38% more crit chance.

Not going to say that Lionseye's would be better for a crit on hit build, I can't know for sure without testing it, but never missing is actually a giant perk for criticals. Quoted from the mechanics thread:

"Evasion also gives a chance to avoid critical strikes. If an incoming critical strike succeeds its hit roll, a second hit roll is performed to determine if the critical is evaded or not. This second roll is the same as the regular hit roll above (accuracy vs evasion). If this roll succeeds, a critical strike is scored. If it fails, the attack still hits, but only for regular damage."
Última edição por Drakqt em 7 de out de 2013 11:29:12
i personally would find it more interesting to use with bear trap -- assuming it works.
"
Drakqt escreveu:
"
tikitaki escreveu:
"

Not going to say that Lionseye's would be better for a crit on hit build, I can't know for sure without testing it, but never missing is actually a giant perk for criticals. Quoted from the mechanics thread:

"Evasion also gives a chance to avoid critical strikes. If an incoming critical strike succeeds its hit roll, a second hit roll is performed to determine if the critical is evaded or not. This second roll is the same as the regular hit roll above (accuracy vs evasion). If this roll succeeds, a critical strike is scored. If it fails, the attack still hits, but only for regular damage."

eh.

monsters just don't have enough evasion for this to be relevant.
"
Nephalim escreveu:

Was it stated somewhere that the triggers are linked to your primary attack? That wouldn't even make sense. Trigger gems have x% chance to "cast" linked skills when <event> occurs.

In this case I understood that The trigger gem+triggered skill+any supports were in a different weapon/armor, while your prinary skill+links were left alone.

As for usefulness? Crit dagger/sword build with cold snap+inc aoe+conc effect+cast on crit. Adds a nice dps boost and loads of survival. Replace conc with prolif if you don't care about the dps part.
"
Kadajko escreveu:
"
Nephalim escreveu:

It's a TRIGGER.

You can just socket spell on crit + ice spear into a different item and any time you crit it will work.

At least that's how the defensive triggers worked. Not sure why offensive ones should be different.

Because when you add a trigger you can't use that attack/spell yourself.

holy crap thats imba and probably going to make auras even less popular and koams far less popular.

Imagine a 6 linked main still backed up by a 6 link cast/curse on crit spell.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Última edição por Nephalim em 7 de out de 2013 12:08:59
this gem will work with power siphon ?
Ign: ThatManWithTheBow

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional