1.0.0 Balance Changes

"
XxLabanxX escreveu:
I have to say I love these changes. I see alot of complaining about the Aura changes but I think it is a needed change for sure. I think it makes people choose and creates more diversity. I really don't get the argument of "I can't run 5-6-7 auras anymore...it ruins my character" I run 5 auras myself, but I'm not ruined without them. I am just forced to address the flaws in my build, deal with the fact that no class should be able to do everything and choose which way I want to go. We don't go for certain passives because we can just use an aura, we are elemental based so we stack all of the elemental auras, we stack the defensive auras to make up for nodes we chose not to take, sacrifice resists because we can use an aura to make up for some of it. All of these are fine on their own but to say it's unfair that we can't do all of that?? I have to spend points in areas on my tree on stuff I took for granted and labeled as "useless" because I can run 6 auras and be better off...it only cost me 1K Hps??...and those extra points means I have thing from 3 opposing points of the skill tree?? I don't think I should be able to take the best parts of 4 different class trees and I expect that if I do I am going to have some major flaws. I think that is part of why the game did get a little boring for me, too many classes all pretty much being the same build because it's all reachable..you can just cover it up with auras. Between that and the new class being added to the tree I can't wait to see what it's going to do. I hope it will make us start caring about party makeups, make us look for certain builds or auras we need for those last few spots, make all of us truly unique and different. When we see a Maurader, Duelist and a Ranger in the group actually expecting 3 different builds that bring something unique instead of 3 completely different classes that are all LA and have the same passives, run the same auras, run the same gear...oh and are all probably clean up into the templar tree...we went there just for the Ele nodes...some of us still run all the way into the witch tree for nodes there too. Thats just my 2 cents thoughb

In an unorganized party you will most probably still profit form 3-4 auras, boosted auras with increased radius after 1.0.0 hits and therefore receive a massive boost compared to today. In a well organized party you will profit from all of them boosting you even more. Try soloing and you're basically restricted to 1, maybe 2. All this does is further increase the gap between soloing and party play. I can't see where this move of GGG does any good.
Última edição por fae76 em 17 de out de 2013 10:55:39
"
unsmith escreveu:
... and/or actually try with party dynamics to achieve that level.
Parties now are massive aura stacking and little challenge.

And after the aura "rebalance" parties will be the same "massive aura stacking and little challenge" aka facerolling (maybe even more than they are now) while solo play will be further hindered.
Hence the bigger and bigger disparity between solo and multi. Another "promise" / "core-design" broken by the developer.
Go figure

"
unsmith escreveu:
Being able to stack 6 or 7 auras does nothing for build diversity.

Yea, eldritch battery builds are not build diversity. Do you think before you type some of your shallow insights?
With this "rebalances" eldritch battery builds are screwed. Which means a part of build diversity is screwed.

"
Brussel_Sprout escreveu:
Desync?
I'm going to be extremely disappointed if I download the client and desync is still as shitty as it was 6 months ago when I was playing.

You will be because desinc will be forever with this game.
Última edição por mobutu em 17 de out de 2013 02:52:30
Looking forward to trying out the changes, the new class and Nemesis League have been playing Phys or Cold Witch since closed beta and can't wait to try something new but none of the other classes previously released have really appealed to me.

Keep up the great work GGG we have faith you'll deliver something even more awesome than what is next week and thanks again for a fantastic game.

Oh yeah and small buff to health node passives and mana regen would be awesome!
IGN:
Última edição por RottenSausage em 17 de out de 2013 03:38:49
4l where very easy to find both from enemies and vendors. Why change that?

This game is getting more and more casual
obtaining a 5L easier is a good thing, but what good is it if you sometimes need 300 jews for a 6 socket? ...
Interesting changes to two handed weapons! Great update.
"So Shines a Good Deed in a Weary World" - Willy Wonker
Okay maybe its me but under "Maps" all that read to me was a description on maps. Not changes. Anyone else agree or am I that cynical?

Best change is the fusing change. Damn absurd system, when you spend 400 fuses and don't even see a 5L on a 6 socket (white) item (using scraps). Or no 6S with 400 jewelers. That's when I gave up on crafting and just buy premade stuff .. it's way cheaper.
These changes could make it viable to craft some thinhs again, but there are still changes needed. It's just too random and the value on orbs don't reflect their crafting potential in most cases. IE 400+ fuses to 5L a white item, when you could buy a 5L for 20 fuses tells me something is seriously wrong concerning currency value vs crafting value of orbs.

Aura changes are hard to comment on (until more detailed info), but will surely ruin lots of builds. I do understand the reason behind the planned changes, because I doubt it was ever intended to be able to run all auras on a char, but still risky change and hurts many builds.

IIQ.. if you remove this partially and don't increase the currency drops in general, it SUCKS. And saying increased drops on bosses makes up for this change is bull..

Looking forward to trying out the new passive tree and getting all chars reset :)
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
"
fae76 escreveu:

In an unorganized party you will most probably still profit form 3-4 auras, boosted auras with increased radius after 1.0.0 hits and therefore receive a massive boost compared to today. In a well organized party you will profit from all of them boosting you even more. Try soloing and you're basically restricted to 1, maybe 2. All this does is further increase the gap between soloing and party play. I can't see where this move of GGG does any good.

You play Self Found, Solo Only. I assume this means you have yet to actually play in a party? The incoordination in pub games is amazing, at the least. Most people run the same auras, just at different levels. Getting different auras in pug games will rely almost solely on getting different base classes or builds after the aura change.

I can also say that for the most part, most pug players will not go "oh hey, they're running Hatred, let me put on my Anger instead." People are typically more stubborn than this.

Obviously, this does not apply to high end map groups. That level or coordination should be seen as a plus though.

This change says you were never meant to stack auras without a massive investment. As it is right now, with 3 or so of the auras being a flat cost, its incredibly easy to stack them.

I know I won't change any opinions though, everyone wants their cake and to be able to eat it too.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
Última edição por Jackel6672 em 17 de out de 2013 17:05:49
The aura thing is interesting to me. In the one hand, it absolutely IS poor design that you can have basically every aura you want - these kind of RPGs are supposed to be about trade offs and cost benefits which is lost if you can just 'have it all'. And I do think most auras are weak on their own. In theory, 1-2 stronger auras per toon should be better and encourage variety.

The problem is that's now how people use auras (building on a few strengths). They use LOTS of auras, each necessary to combat one or another if the games mechanical failings. The poor mana leech mechanics and massive costs for more than 3L skills means a melee toon will just always want that regen aura - but that's only because the underlying mechanics force the issue, not because the regen aura is actually all that interesting.

I would personally prefer a system that capped at 1-2 powerful, key auras to build your strengths rather than address your many small flaws. But for that to work, all the myriad small flaws need to get fixed. We'll have to wait and see there, but I'm...not terribly optimistic at this point.
Última edição por C0Y0T3_SLY em 17 de out de 2013 18:33:01

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional