[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

"
Matkja escreveu:
Thanks for the build man, just started my Scion and enjoying it!
I just worry will this build be viable without expensive uniques you are using? I have like 0 funds and wanna be able to farm piety/low maps with atleast decent success, can this build accomplish it?

The build requires specific gear, however the uniques are not required to be successful. Carcass Jack is an after thought, and only adds to the already effective nature of the build. You can get a similar item that is only a 4L and do just fine. I started this character with nothing and worked my way up to incorporating the carcass jack into my build.

Is it inefficient to use the same skillgems just for lower trap downtime? Or do you just want more variety with your skillset?

I was thinking of leveling with fire trap + multiple bear traps for bosses(just because of the sheer damage on these things)

Anyways, I'm gonna try your build after I'm less busy with school ^^
Última edição por eirstryder em 2 de dez de 2013 18:14:00
When running this build I've found that Cold Snap on a trap setup wasn't very effective for me. If you have fire burning on the ground and then use the cold snap trap to freeze enemies in place that works ok I guess, but I much prefer to allow the enemies to keep moving around because this allows them to trigger traps more frequently.

I also decided to use lightning trap instead of an EK trap. LT may be lower damage than EK, but it pierces and has greater range which allows me to get much better coverage for groups of enemies. I decided to have a non-trap EK on a 4L for when I want to finish up any stragglers that make it past my traps and it's handy for breaking barrels and pots.

To each his own I guess.

I love the build though, lots of fun and I haven't come across anything I can't kill easily with it so far.

I would say that for me the most important mod on my gear is some movement speed on my boots. For my play style I run around a lot in order to line up the traps the way I want and being able to get around fast is essential for me.
Hi Pohx,
Is the Clever Construction node really needed for a nemesis trap build? I'm thinking you could just freeze (with cold snap) the problematic mobs that kill your traps, and then destroy them with traps (while frozen).

I plan making a similar build, but i can't decide on some things. I would be grateful if you (or someone else) could take a look: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/650242/page/1/#p5820062

Thanks!
Última edição por D3adGh0st em 2 de dez de 2013 19:26:26
"
eirstryder escreveu:
Is it inefficient to use the same skillgems just for lower trap downtime? Or do you just want more variety with your skillset?

I was thinking of leveling with fire trap + multiple bear traps for bosses(just because of the sheer damage on these things)

Multi Trap on bear trap would significantly reduce its damage and effectively kill its damage. The bear trap holds them in place, and you may land 2/3 of them if you land the middle one on the target, or you may end up landing 1 of 3 unless you want to kite back through a boss. Bear trap is essentially for killing what is left after your aoe has killed off the whites. Rares/Bosses shouldn't take too many of these. Multi trap works with EK/Fire trap because they can be triggered into a huge aoe, but with bear trap it is quite the opposite. If they don't trigger them they are useless, and I don't know about you but running back through bosses to get maximum effectiveness out of multi-trap bear trap sounds like a pain in the butt.

"
Neflak escreveu:
"
eirstryder escreveu:

Multi Trap on bear trap would significantly reduce its damage and effectively kill its damage. The bear trap holds them in place, and you may land 2/3 of them if you land the middle one on the target, or you may end up landing 1 of 3 unless you want to kite back through a boss. Bear trap is essentially for killing what is left after your aoe has killed off the whites. Rares/Bosses shouldn't take too many of these. Multi trap works with EK/Fire trap because they can be triggered into a huge aoe, but with bear trap it is quite the opposite. If they don't trigger them they are useless, and I don't know about you but running back through bosses to get maximum effectiveness out of multi-trap bear trap sounds like a pain in the butt.

No, I mean running multiple bear trap skill gems

sorry for the vague wording lol
"
eirstryder escreveu:
"
Neflak escreveu:
"
eirstryder escreveu:

No, I mean running multiple bear trap skill gems

sorry for the vague wording lol

I don't believe you can run multiple traps like that anymore, I'm pretty sure they'll take the same cooldown
"
D3adGh0st escreveu:
Hi Pohx,
Is the Clever Construction node really needed for a nemesis trap build? I'm thinking you could just freeze (with cold snap) the problematic mobs that kill your traps, and then destroy them with traps (while frozen).

I plan making a similar build, but i can't decide on some things. I would be grateful if you (or someone else) could take a look: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/650242/page/1/#p5820062

Thanks!

Clever construction is Absolutely 100% Required Your trap can die from so many things in this game, Aoe's Leap slam, Leapers, freezing pulse, any projectiles, lightning attacks, storm herald etc. If they kill your trap before it freezes there is no point to your freeze, you also cant freeze cyclone mobs before they hit your traps unless you proliferate it. You also won't be able to fight storm heralds effectively.
"
Kelderek escreveu:
When running this build I've found that Cold Snap on a trap setup wasn't very effective for me. If you have fire burning on the ground and then use the cold snap trap to freeze enemies in place that works ok I guess, but I much prefer to allow the enemies to keep moving around because this allows them to trigger traps more frequently.

I also decided to use lightning trap instead of an EK trap. LT may be lower damage than EK, but it pierces and has greater range which allows me to get much better coverage for groups of enemies. I decided to have a non-trap EK on a 4L for when I want to finish up any stragglers that make it past my traps and it's handy for breaking barrels and pots.

To each his own I guess.

I love the build though, lots of fun and I haven't come across anything I can't kill easily with it so far.

I would say that for me the most important mod on my gear is some movement speed on my boots. For my play style I run around a lot in order to line up the traps the way I want and being able to get around fast is essential for me.

Not too sure what level you are yet. However, cold snap really comes in for end game, maps/merciless ( Mainly mapping ) Because you can keep everything frozen at all times, run into a room, freeze it, kill it. Move on. Ek is completely understandable as it's not essential for the build, you're free to use lightning trap
Looking forward to see the changes to your new Trapper role in, from past errors etc and the new DoT changes :). In regards to the DoT Changes, as Trappers has anything changed majorly for us - for example, should we be looking at Increased Burning Damage on Fire Trap?

One question, toward the end of your last trapper you were looking at using Artic Armour and CoDT but can't see it in the latest update of links used - have you decided to sway away from it?

Currently following your Gems/Links but want to start leveling ones you intend to switch to 'end game' :). With regards to your Passives, are you still following your 'Final Build' linked in OP or decided on changes/different paths?

Regards,
Stab
Última edição por Deathlythoughts em 3 de dez de 2013 01:26:49

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional