[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

Hi,

Your build seems pretty cool, but starting at scion seems to be a bit wasteful.

Ranger has easy access to the bow crit nodes at earlier levels, as well as great access to life nodes. Furthermore, it's possible to move from Ranger up through to the witch area using a similar number of points allowing you to gain more crit/cold damage through 'Snowforged' and an additional power charge, not to mention the massive cold damage available around it. In addition, since you move through both the ranger, shadow and witch areas, you get easy access to plenty of life nodes along the way, meaning that you can end up getting around 20% more maximum health.
The only negative is that you miss out on some of the jewel slots, meaning less potential damage through jewels, but you gain more damage through the tree which costs no currency at all vs 10c+ per decent jewel.

Possible tree: http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4C_gguCpsNjQ3RDkgPqxEPEZYWvxdUGYoZjiBuIXYigSP2JIsk_SaVKgstHzBxMHwx-jY9OdQ6QjpYSn1LV0t4TC1Ms02SUDBRR1F0VUtVxlZKW69d8l-wYeJjQ2pDaxdsjG1sb55v8nBScNV293cHfXV_K3_Ghs6HE4d2idOMNo19jb-OPI7plSCXBpuNm7WcpJ2qnqGgn6Kjo4qmmayYr-u1SLvjvOrAVMDjwTPB88M6xKLKStN-1CPbXt2o34Tjn-cK51Ttg-4O73rxs_Pq_MX-uv_e

I'm planning on following this tree, with all of the gear/gems being the same as your guide.
I would really welcome an opinion on the viability/efficiency of this tree, and any criticism is welcome.
When this build was first made it used more then just cold damage. It used fireballs articbreath to shot gun single targets. Singe that has been nerfed the build moved to another form of single target DPS. The OP just updated the guide using the same scion as before.

"
LordAlgebra escreveu:
Hi,

Your build seems pretty cool, but starting at scion seems to be a bit wasteful.

Ranger has easy access to the bow crit nodes at earlier levels, as well as great access to life nodes. Furthermore, it's possible to move from Ranger up through to the witch area using a similar number of points allowing you to gain more crit/cold damage through 'Snowforged' and an additional power charge, not to mention the massive cold damage available around it. In addition, since you move through both the ranger, shadow and witch areas, you get easy access to plenty of life nodes along the way, meaning that you can end up getting around 20% more maximum health.
The only negative is that you miss out on some of the jewel slots, meaning less potential damage through jewels, but you gain more damage through the tree which costs no currency at all vs 10c+ per decent jewel.

Possible tree: http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4C_gguCpsNjQ3RDkgPqxEPEZYWvxdUGYoZjiBuIXYigSP2JIsk_SaVKgstHzBxMHwx-jY9OdQ6QjpYSn1LV0t4TC1Ms02SUDBRR1F0VUtVxlZKW69d8l-wYeJjQ2pDaxdsjG1sb55v8nBScNV293cHfXV_K3_Ghs6HE4d2idOMNo19jb-OPI7plSCXBpuNm7WcpJ2qnqGgn6Kjo4qmmayYr-u1SLvjvOrAVMDjwTPB88M6xKLKStN-1CPbXt2o34Tjn-cK51Ttg-4O73rxs_Pq_MX-uv_e

I'm planning on following this tree, with all of the gear/gems being the same as your guide.
I would really welcome an opinion on the viability/efficiency of this tree, and any criticism is welcome.
poedb is no longer working, can anyone share the passive tree please?
This is the skill tree i've got so far at 81:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAABbUNjQ3RDkgPqxR1Fr8hdiP2JIsk_SaVKgstqDBxMHwx-jIBMgk1kjfUOdQ6QjrhRXxKfUrIS3hNkk3jUUdVS1b6W69d8l-wYeJjQ2xGbWxuqm87b55v8nBScNVybHb3dwd313gNe8N_K4LkgwmExYbOhxOHdonTiq-MNo19jb-QEZeXmyabtZyknMSgn6ZXsZCyGbQ4tUi18rcit9a-gL68wBrBM8M6ykrPetQj1orYvdtZ3ajjn-UZ5ebnVOd06NbtP_Pq-_X-j__e?accountName=oliber&characterName=WhyDidICookThis

I took a shorter route to King of the Hill, taking out one of the dex nodes between arrow dancing and the lowest jewel slot, aside from that I think it's the same as Wurpo's build.

I managed to 6L my Voll's Protector, and use leveled Barrage+CoC+2xCold Snap+Conc Effect and Increased Crit Damage for the last link, which really helps with single target focus, i've not tried the GMP option as I still havn't managed to 3G3B my Voll's, but I find this pretty effective.

My gear, which is pretty bad in places, but resists are capped (some from gems) and just over 3k life.

Bow /Quiver:

Armor:

Accessories:

Thanks Wurpo for an awesome build, it's great fun to play!

Oh.. and the flame totem barely ever comes out, it's just for flicker strike packs to consume while i freeze them!
Última edição por oliber em 2 de set de 2015 13:19:34
First of all, thanks Wurpo for sharing the build, I'm having a ton of fun with it.

"
Doombrew escreveu:
poedb is no longer working, can anyone share the passive tree please?

Here is the skill tree as far as I can remember:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABt9bbWS2osZCDCW-enKSHE3cHykpfsJu1hMXDOiSLD6sWvyaVYeJVS4w25Rm0OPv1l5dFfG1stUjz6ioLcFKJ03DVXfLndOjWmyYyAbIZz3oFtY2_1CMwcd2oS3g6QlFH51Qk_f_eN9TtPzB8jX0j9k2SfyvWijnUdvcx-qCfb_JW-nfXFHVbryF2hs7BMw2Nh3bjn0p9Z6C-vILkkBF7w4qvSshuqrXyNZL-j03jplc64fJF_grYvXJsbEYyCXgNwBpvO-XmnMS3ImHrelO-gA5IDdFjQw==

Two improvements to the build that I've found:
On the way to the King of the Hill area take the route below as you will save one skill point and only miss one +10dex node.

I also had trouble with the frenzy charges and found it much better to link

Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Poacher's Mark
and
Herald of Ice + Innervate

I'm getting frenzy charges much more reliable with it as Herald of Thunder is proccing all the time cursing everything around me.

I can also recommend a CwdT+Immortal Call+Molten Shell+Ice Golem setup, helps alot.

What are the thoughts on using doryani's as a belt ? Does anyone know if the leech is enough ? Can't really tell since I'm using Thief's Torment. But I guess the %cold damage is worth it anyway since they are so cheap right now.

Hello man :) can we have an Update of your build plz :) from september to december thx a lot my firend :P

gl hf
Updated build for 2.2, but made it a shadow. Link to the new thread in the OP.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional