[0.9.13] Kripparrian's Bow Templar Build

"
Monze escreveu:
So with the removal of +chance to shock on lightning arrow, is this build still viable?

I started leveling and now I see that lightning arrow has been changed. Any way I should change my build or is it still possible with just the 20% from passives?

Even if u get a quality 1?
How you can play bow templar without dexterity ?

Bow need dex to use it ?
get a +40 dex quiver, onyx amulet and some other dex on ur gear
I've been using this build for a while and I'm now at level 64. I'm thinking of going for a Lioneye's and dumping RT, so I can get my crit chance up. I am feeling a bit gimped at the moment in 6 player parties. Even solo, I don't seem to do a great deal of damage to mobs that are not shocked. Single target DPS in 6 player games is absolutely woeful, I think I need to either fiddle with my supports for Elemental Hit or swap it out for something else, possibly frenzy.

I am quite squishy too, even after picking up both Body and Soul nodes. I think I might spec out of the big one at the left edge of the tree, and pick up more HP and resists nodes instead. My resists in Merciless are only 15% or so, and that's with Purity!

Edit: Just checked the going price for a Lioneye's Glare... I'll have to forget that idea I think!
Última edição por maxwolfie em 24 de fev de 2013 06:29:14
I have been playing this build exactly as Xcyte posted in his video over the last week or so and I am now level 72.

I am using a 5L thicket which has a 1-95 lightning roll on it. I have an amulet, boots and rings with + elemental damage on them as well. I run 5 Auras at the moment, Clarity, Discipline, Wrath and Anger and then I swap between Haste and Purity depending on the content.

I find in single player I 1-2 shot packs in the docks and in multiplayer games I am definitely holding my own on dps. I don't have amazing gear by any means just average gear I would say (see below).

You may see my dex requirement to use my bow actually comes from my bow giving dex. I achieved this my using the following boots which have a very high dex roll. I found these boots great while levelling and I only recently replaced them for some extra survivability. I just equip the boots, equip the bow and then change to my other boots.

I currently have a bit over 3k HP and around 1450 mana. I use a skeletotem for some very much needed defence.

I personally think this build is still great to use and good fun. My next target is to get either the next body and soul ring or move towards some more dps, picking up the +18% resists in the middle and then getting another 30% weapon elemental damage.
"
themuffinaman escreveu:
"
Monze escreveu:
So with the removal of +chance to shock on lightning arrow, is this build still viable?

I started leveling and now I see that lightning arrow has been changed. Any way I should change my build or is it still possible with just the 20% from passives?

Even if u get a quality 1?

Q% on LA only grants shock duration. You can get extra shock chance with a Q% added lightning dmg, and with Conductivity curse.

I'm running dual curse and it is very nice, it deals A LOT of damage even with crappy gear (sure, you will often face dumb combinations like golem/necro with curse inmunity + additional life + ele resist that will take some time to kill). Usually elemental weakness + conductivity, and sometimes temporal chains + ele weakness for very fast mobs (haste aura snakes and dangerous shit like that).

Running 5 auras (Anger, Wrath, Determination, Discipline, Clarity). Don't need Purity now since I have capped 80% all res from passive tree. I'm aiming at 7 auras with enough mana (2.3k mana roughly, with proper gear), so I can slap in Grace and Haste/Purity/Vitality.

Build is still viable, not as OP as before LA nerf but very viable. Actually lvl 74 running maps, only need some more life (3.6k right now), chaos resist (-44% hurts) and improving single-target Elemental Hit so i can move on to more difficult mods on maps.

Gear:

"

EDIT: forgot pots. I'm still trying to roll a Perpetual Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline, but no luck so far :(
* Cheers from Argentina, the land of ping and packet loss *

#HYPEGATE

GMT -3
Última edição por peroquenariz em 25 de fev de 2013 03:05:12
Do you guys think Iron Grip is worth while? I am considering speccing out of it and either picking up the second Body and Soul ring or an extra 30% elemental damage plus 18% fire and lightning resistances.
"
Cleverist escreveu:
Do you guys think Iron Grip is worth while? I am considering speccing out of it and either picking up the second Body and Soul ring or an extra 30% elemental damage plus 18% fire and lightning resistances.

Iron Grip is not worth getting because this is build is mostly focused around elemental damage. Even if you have +50% projectile dmg increase from Iron Grip, your physical dmg on LA attack might be very small.

For Ex.

LA tooltip reads:

Combined Dmg 1000
Physical Dmg 20
Lightening Dmg 980

The Iron Grip +50% projectile dmg bonus only applies to the 20 physical dmg (i.e. 20*(1+.5)=30 physical dmg). The increase is miniscule. Additionally, elemental dmg currently trumps physical dmg by far.
Thankyou.

I was following another build for the most part and took it under their advice. I saw when I got the skill point my DPS only increased ever so slightly. I left it because I thought it might increase at higher levels but I think the 3 points can be far better spent elsewhere.
I switched from a melee m/s temp to a bow temp after completing merciless difficulty as i had the clear impression that farming as a ranged ( either mage or archer) would have been way easier. This is my actual build

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAP0CcQSzBVsMfRB_FE0UsBVQFm8XUBkuGYUaOB0UJIskqiftKS4pTzKJNuk9Dz38Q2NG10wtTdhQUFXGV-JYY1j1XcZfP2BtZp5nm3FNcql35Xy4fLt82X31gW-CHoKbgziLjIx2jM-PRpBVms-boZ2AncSePKIApwinhKyYrKq2hrcxuJO53cAaxBXE9sbYz2XQ0NSP2wvd8-Fz42rsOO0g7w7vfPAf8i_z3fZI99f60g==

I basically just respecced a shield nodes circle to reach EB and put up auras and i have to admit that with such a small change my dps is good and i can easily farm in solo. Next level i'll take the last +% buff point and than i just dunno what to go for, i mean, i feel very confortable with ice shot, as it provides a good CC and i nealry never get touched, anyway looking at the passive tree i saw so many + fire dmg nodes i've calculated to reach something like +132% fire dmg with all of these but investing all the future lvls till like lvl 90 or so. BA is already the ranged ele skill that does more dps for me but at the same times there is LA that seems to do more dmg just with that +20% shock chance (which are just 2 points!) and conductivity curse, so i just cannot decide.
Can u guys give me any piece of advice? :)
Check out my NON CRIT PHYS SPLIT ARROW BOW GUIDE! The deeeps where you couldn't imagine!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242996

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional