How do YOU define "pay to win"?

"
Xavderion escreveu:
Stash tabs are not P2W, if you want more stash tabs, create mule accounts. Stash tabs are convenience, nothing more.

^^^THIS

Purchasing storage tabs to both make life easier and - perhaps more importantly - support the developers grants no in-game advantage. Besides, the more stash space you have the more bloated and unmanageable it becomes unless you're extremely vigilant about keeping it organized. Lots of players find their inner packrat when playing ARPGs.
"
jaankoo escreveu:
More interesting question: HOw does GGG define Pay to Win?

Edit: In my opinion every multiplayer game that allowes you to buy things that arent completely cosmetic (even cosmetic stuff can be kind of pay to win e.g. something like -40% charactersize in PVP) is pay to win (inlcuding POE and LOL). Same rules for everybody!

From the Game Overview:

"
We're a small independent team of hardcore gamers based in New Zealand and have created Path of Exile as the game that we'd want to play ourselves. It is designed around a strong barter-based online item economy, deep character customisation, competitive PvP and ladder races. The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win".

In my opinion: they will never, even remotely discuss the subject...

Charan merely made his point pretty clear.

So far you are only able to purchase additional Stash Tabs, if you want to avoid creating mule accounts. This doesn't get you any edge over the competitions going on.
Take care out there.
"
Lagruell escreveu:
"
CiceroSUN escreveu:

- buying boosters that increases XP gain (outside of race or pvp environments) merely saves time, so not "pay to win"
- buying full respecs is merely a convenience and saves me time, so not "pay to win"

These, Sir, are Pay to Win... at least for me ^^

A lot of players will want to compete outside of races (be among the firsts to reach level 100 on SC/HC default leagues)

If you can buy any fraction of the time it takes for your char to reach any level, it's Pay to Win.

Being able to fully respec your character at no ingame cost/time investment makes it potentially good on any map/content, and you got an edge to complete any map/dungeon/boss faster, it's Pay to Win.

Mmmm for me, buying boosters that increases XP gain is a hard question to answer, but in general is not pay to win...

Lets say some % to the air... Well have money, and this money in a bank, and a credit card to put money in the game, tell you a lot of what ppl CAN use it... I mean, you need to be 18+ years old and have a job, so lets say that you have a job, you expend time in work 5-9 hours (I expend 9 hours working) so you get home and 5-9 hours of your day gone, you have only the rest of this, so in a perfect world where you work 5 hours a day and you dont have anything more to do and your work is 30 min of travel, maybe 15 min... you have a lot of time a day to play but still you have 5 hours less than ppl who dont work so you put some money (that you fairly win in the real life by working) and buy an XP boost so you get a push forward... In my case i work 9 hours a day, and i have 30-45 min of travel to work, so mmm 10 hours a day at work, but 1 more hour in the morning when i get a shower so 11 hours, then i try to sleep 6 hours at least, so 17 hours sleeping and working, i have 7 hours left but i have to dinner and i live with my girlfriend and i cook so 1 hour cooking and eating at least, 6 hours left but my girlfriend wants some atention so... i dont know but 1 hour left? maybe nothing maybe 10 hours a weak...
So i dont win if i buy exp booster i just trying to follow other ppl that dont work, dont have a girlfriend, that are still living with their parents, that are millionaries or some and they have everything without moving a finger so... buy an exp boost to play 10 hours a weak with a x2 exp boost dont give me a Win Bottom it just give me a tool to keep in the race.

If the problem is the race so, dont have an out-game life is a "Dont-live-for-win"?...

Just my opinion :$
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
"
exploder escreveu:
Mmmm for me, buying boosters that increases XP gain is a hard question to answer, but in general is not pay to win...

Lets say some % to the air... Well have money, and this money in a bank, and a credit card to put money in the game, tell you a lot of what ppl CAN use it... I mean, you need to be 18+ years old and have a job, so lets say that you have a job, you expend time in work 5-9 hours (I expend 9 hours working) so you get home and 5-9 hours of your day gone, you have only the rest of this, so in a perfect world where you work 5 hours a day and you dont have anything more to do and your work is 30 min of travel, maybe 15 min... you have a lot of time a day to play but still you have 5 hours less than ppl who dont work so you put some money (that you fairly win in the real life by working) and buy an XP boost so you get a push forward... In my case i work 9 hours a day, and i have 30-45 min of travel to work, so mmm 10 hours a day at work, but 1 more hour in the morning when i get a shower so 11 hours, then i try to sleep 6 hours at least, so 17 hours sleeping and working, i have 7 hours left but i have to dinner and i live with my girlfriend and i cook so 1 hour cooking and eating at least, 6 hours left but my girlfriend wants some atention so... i dont know but 1 hour left? maybe nothing maybe 10 hours a weak...
So i dont win if i buy exp booster i just trying to follow other ppl that dont work, dont have a girlfriend, that are still living with their parents, that are millionaries or some and they have everything without moving a finger so... buy an exp boost to play 10 hours a weak with a x2 exp boost dont give me a Win Bottom it just give me a tool to keep in the race.

If the problem is the race so, dont have an out-game life is a "Dont-live-for-win"?...

Just my opinion :$

Ahem...

Let's say...

My daddy is super rich and just gave me $10,000 and I don't care about school because I'm rich and I just want to play and own you and I will because I got money!!!

Now... how fair is that?
Take care out there.
Última edição por Lagruell em 17 de dez de 2012 12:52:46
"
Lagruell escreveu:

Ahem...

Let's say...

My daddy is super rich and just gave me $10,000 and I don't care about school because I'm rich and I just want to play and own you and I will because I got money!!!

Now... how fair is that?

You are alright... But i guess that is more ppl who work and have a little quantities of time to play than ppl who is rich...

And okay this "KID" is rich his dad gives him 10.000 u$s he get max lvl fast because he play all day with exp boost... but do you really think that he actually know how to play... I mean back in D2 at least I can have a Necromancer lvl 85 just with the items that i need to reach the FHR/FCR breaks and i can beat kis like that who is lvl 95-99 with my eyes closed, just because they are NOT gamers, gamers play the game as fair as they can, if i dont have time to play all day long i feel that buy exp boost to play a little is FAIR, gamers play FAIR and thats why gamers are good playing the game so, dont fear to thoose kids with money they just dont know how to play. =)

Regards!
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
So, you wish to have the same rewards as someone who puts more time into the game?

P2W
Buying full respecs is equivalent to buying in-game currency, which I consider pay to win.

The EXP boost is a little more tricky. In LoL, getting to level 30 is fairly easily achievable, even without boosts. But in PoE, getting to higher levels aren't supposed to be easily achievable, getting to high levels is supposed to be an accomplishment. Maybe you can argue a case for having boosts up to a certain level, like ~60, which is not too difficult to get to, it would merely just save you some time grinding lower difficulties.
It might not be obviously pay to win, but I think boosts are not a good idea for this game.
"
SL4Y3R escreveu:
So, you wish to have the same rewards as someone who puts more time into the game?

P2W

First of all... it have to be a quatification of who much you will leave persons to buy... because its not the same that the game allows you to buy... i dont know, for example, a pack of 7 days exp x4... this is insane because you can play all the long 7 days a weak with this exp x4 and yes that is P2W, but lets say that ppl who have 2 hours a day to play, in all weak they play 10 hours monday to friday and lest say 5 hours saturday and 5 hours sunday? ok, lets put some inteligent and anti P2W system here...

Lets say that you only can buy x2 EXP booster for 2 hours a day, so you only can use x2 per 2hours a day thats is nothing for that kid who plays 10 hours a day is like... ok i play 8 hours x1 2 hours x2 and its the same that play 12 hours x1 but in total i play 10 hours is an small diference, but for that ppl who only can play 2 hours a day is like play 4 hours but indeed they are behind those ppl that only have to play 4 hours to do the same.

So that is not fair? 2 hours a day x2 exp boost? you eat a boost it get actived for 2 hours and you cant eat another for 24 hours thats not a imbalanced system :P

Regards!
"
Porkeh escreveu:
Buying full respecs is equivalent to buying in-game currency, which I consider pay to win.

The EXP boost is a little more tricky. In LoL, getting to level 30 is fairly easily achievable, even without boosts. But in PoE, getting to higher levels aren't supposed to be easily achievable, getting to high levels is supposed to be an accomplishment. Maybe you can argue a case for having boosts up to a certain level, like ~60, which is not too difficult to get to, it would merely just save you some time grinding lower difficulties.
It might not be obviously pay to win, but I think boosts are not a good idea for this game.

Or you could just not worry about were to draw the line at all...

I mean: GGG say PoE will never be "pay to win", we'd better trust they are not going to make any compromise.

I'm pretty confident they will stick to their standards, I wouldn't be here if not ;)

EDIT: @exploder: Better make no compromise, really...
Take care out there.
Última edição por Lagruell em 17 de dez de 2012 13:20:20
PAY TO WIN is an advtange in end game combat/PvP that is only available by cash shop means. Such as best in slot buffs/auras/stat increases/or bonuses for items/armor only available through $.

Pay to WIN is NOT: XP Boosts (in non race situations) or Stash Tabs. Those are convienance. You do not LOSE simply because it took you 15% more time to level. Its an inconvienance. You did not LOSE because you had to create alternative characters to hold items.

Anyone who is trying to explain stash tabs or legacy/non race XP boosts as pay to win, needs to go play a Perfect World game and see where it costs 2,000+ dollars for one best item. They seriously need to take a step back and go run in a rainbow valley because you're just a crybaby hippie.

You better PRAY that stash slots or xp boosts are the most pay2win things available because compared to cash shop only skill gems, or being able to buy Regal Orbs etc, it's nothing.

Personally I'd like to see.
10% XP Boosts 5,10,30 days
ID/Portal Scorlls for sale (not really game breaking)
Armor Dyes
Skill Reset (like 4-5 skills per Month Limit so its not OP)
Cosmetic Alterations (Weapon Costumes/Helmet Costumes)
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional