[Strongest Solo Variation: Projectile Madness Spectres] LMP/GMP Ice Spear 2x Totem 2x Curse 3x Traps

"
zzang escreveu:
im trying this build right now and its the first build that works for me in ruthless

i got a question how do you manage the ridiculous mana cost of arc, is spark a option for shocking and

have you ever tried arctic breath with fork? i saw them jumping from target to target casted by a other player but not sure if its effective like icespear

and if i manage to get a 6l armor would it be reasonable to put cold penetration as last gem or are there better options?

look at the leveling progression thread.

When i was in ruthless i never used arc, only totems and 1 curse. no mana concerns until later on.

Arctic breath is a bad skill because 1) not as good as ice spear 2) lags like sht. it's meant to be a crowd control version of the ice spear but it fails to do its job better than ice spear and does less damage than ice spear.

nope. in most RPG it works the same way. you either penetrate or you lower resist (debuffs/curse), you don't do both. why? i leave it to you to think about it =)

give you an example of 6L:

Indisponível

IGN: hyperculler (torment)
Alguns itens neste post estão atualmente indisponíveis.
thx for answer

"
hypershatter escreveu:

nope. in most RPG it works the same way. you either penetrate or you lower resist (debuffs/curse), you don't do both. why? i leave it to you to think about it =)

Indisponível

regarding penetration i dont know the exact formulas but couldnt it be possible for example

100 resist 30% penetration (penetration goes first from base resist) = 70 resist after that curses apply i think its not like that but not that its impossible for some crazy dual mechanics in a crazy rpg like PoE
Última edição por zzang em 29 de dez de 2012 16:04:06
"
zzang escreveu:
thx for answer

"
hypershatter escreveu:

Indisponível

regarding penetration i dont know the exact formulas but couldnt it be possible for example

100 resist 30% penetration (penetration goes first from base resist) = 70 resist after that curses apply i think its not like that but not that its impossible for some crazy dual mechanics in a crazy rpg like PoE

nope. they work simultaneously, like in every game. it's really just common sense.

first, lets establish that my build uses at least 2 curses, total debuff of elemental resist of ~-100%.

Let's say mob has 100% cold resist. Cold pen ignores (not remove) 30% of resist, for example, so your damage will be done to mob who only has 70%. penetration only ignores mob's resist if it has any, therefore cannot go below 0 (if mob has no resist, you ignore nothing).

At the same time you use -resist% debuff of 100%. elemental debuffs can go negative, to infinity in this game with no cap. a mob with 100% resist goes to 0, a mob with 0 resist goes to -100%, you get the point.

So what happens if you use both penetration and debuff in this scenario? both apply, but penetration always gets wasted. when debuff is used, it is calculated from the 100% base resist, not the 70%. so a mob would have 0% resist if you debuff, which means you penetrated nothing, in this case penetration is wasted.

but it's not always the case. if the mob has 130% base elemental resist, and my debuff takes away 100%, then it has 30% left. then penetration can still apply the ignore 30% part and be useful. which means, penetration is useful when mobs have enough resist leftover to be penetrated after debuffs.

Because i am using two elemental debuffs and most mobs dont have anything more than my 100% debuff, most of the time penetration will be useless and does not warrant a socket spot in my build.
Última edição por hypershatter em 31 de dez de 2012 01:58:23
added colors!
"
hypershatter escreveu:
added colors!

thanks! It's looking good!

I'm trying your build on my first character in this game

PS: I just wonder if you put that skill that makes you life 1 point isn't that bad? I saw that some spels and monsters makes damage on your HP ignoring your shield.. so you die on this situations no mater what? Like there are some auras or places that you cannot prevent damage on your HP and if is 1 point you should die..

PS2: oh I see - you also get prevent from chaos spells and you should be ok?

Última edição por NikoFrozen em 2 de jan de 2013 12:20:14
"
NikoFrozen escreveu:
"
hypershatter escreveu:
added colors!

PS: I just wonder if you put that skill that makes you life 1 point isn't that bad? I saw that some spels and monsters makes damage on your HP ignoring your shield.. so you die on this situations no mater what? Like there are some auras or places that you cannot prevent damage on your HP and if is 1 point you should die..

Yeah you got it in your edit. You are immune to shield piercing dmg. You can still kill yourself with mana flasks, that also cost you a little life and something else I don't remember right now.

Still rocking dem build, it's really my favorite so far, super safe and quite the kill-speed, too.

Finally switched from LMP to GMP, as expected because of the bigger area of effect. Makes it way safer - sadly also more costly in terms of mana. That's what I'm working on right now.

I'm curious when I might be having troubles for the first time. So far this build is really a breeze. I died a couple times but that was lag or me running through 50 mobs and getting surrounded with no way out ^^ Pride goes before a fall ...
thanks!

hi its me again with some further questions

i managed to progress up to lvl 66 now and i really love your build its much much much much better in terms of damage compared to the double arcing crit pen summoner totem build

i wasted 40 orbs of regret to acknowledged this, back on the ice/crit track now
also i got some more mana where i can partially use arc but i think i will stay with freezing pulse and will go for the passive Breath of Rime probably gonna test this with arctic breath and chain + elemental profileration, what do you think about this ocmbo?

second question i have is: i realized the real dmg comes form crits i got them boots with 3 curses currently using projectile weakness but how about critical weakness what do you think about?

third question does arc really provide that much more dmg? i mean does it shock really that often? i cast extremely slow that arc compared to faster cast freezing pulse/arctic breath and if i use chain arc elemtal profilation with faster cast i think i would need like 200% more mana reg so do you think pure cold would be a viable option in terms of damage compared to arc?

edit: by the way its a super nice armoru got!
Última edição por zzang em 2 de jan de 2013 16:56:57
"
Unimatrix escreveu:
"
NikoFrozen escreveu:
"
hypershatter escreveu:
added colors!

Yeah you got it in your edit. You are immune to shield piercing dmg. You can still kill yourself with mana flasks, that also cost you a little life and something else I don't remember right now.

Still rocking dem build, it's really my favorite so far, super safe and quite the kill-speed, too.

Finally switched from LMP to GMP, as expected because of the bigger area of effect. Makes it way safer - sadly also more costly in terms of mana. That's what I'm working on right now.

I'm curious when I might be having troubles for the first time. So far this build is really a breeze. I died a couple times but that was lag or me running through 50 mobs and getting surrounded with no way out ^^ Pride goes before a fall ...

yes late game i get mana nodes because i found that what kills me is running out of mana, not lack of energy shield, armor, or resistences

of course i cheat death with my armor, but when i made the guide at first i had nothing and still works.
Última edição por hypershatter em 2 de jan de 2013 16:58:17
"
zzang escreveu:
hi its me again with some further questions

i managed to progress up to lvl 66 now and i really love your build its much much much much better in terms of damage compared to the double arcing crit pen summoner totem build

i wasted 40 orbs of regret to acknowledged this, back on the ice/crit track now
also i got some more mana where i can partially use arc but i think i will stay with freezing pulse and will go for the passive Breath of Rime probably gonna test this with arctic breath and chain + elemental profileration, what do you think about this ocmbo?

second question i have is: i realized the real dmg comes form crits i got them boots with 3 curses currently using projectile weakness but how about critical weakness what do you think about?

third question does arc really provide that much more dmg? i mean does it shock really that often? i cast extremely slow that arc compared to faster cast freezing pulse/arctic breath and if i use chain arc elemtal profilation with faster cast i think i would need like 200% more mana reg so do you think pure cold would be a viable option in terms of damage compared to arc?

edit: by the way its a super nice armoru got!

wow 40 orbs of regret. if you are that dedicated hear me out before you have to respec again, its costly.

Breath of Rime is useless. it's for pvp theres no need or use for it in pve especially not with this build where most of the screen is frozen 24/7. i talked about freeze mechanics and arctic breath in a previous post u should look into it.

Critical weakness is not needed especially not with ice spear. 3 curses stick with projectile weakness or another curse but not critical weakness.

Arc provide you a lot of damage. Arc shock stacks amazing only if you have chain and Elemental proliferation. Don't use faster cast cost too much mana. it is also meant to deal with resist cold and offscreen mobs like sea witches and zombies who pretty much gets one shot by arc when cold damage does nothing.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional