ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
5thelephant escreveu:

Wands are weapons but EK is not governed by weapon damage like some skills are (such as spectral throw). This means that weapon damage doesn't matter, and the affixes that affect weapon damage won't help either.

EK does physical damage (which is different to weapon damage) though, so stuff like the Rustic Sash bonus applies. Not sure about +% increased ele mods but they might work with stuff like hatred or added fire support.. But not sure on that one. Flat +damage mods (eg, X-X phys damage on a ring) don't apply.

Global crit and crit for spells (where is specifically says spells) apply to EK, as they apply to spells in general.

Thanks so much, this is exactly what I was looking for :D and it's sweet that global crit works for spells too <3
I've used this build as a good base to build from and it works very well. Currently lvl 79 in Nemesis and feels solid in maps.

I've come to a bit of a crossroads now so thought I'd ask for some advice. My current build is Passive skill tree build

And my current gear is

Equipment

Current stats are:

2966 life
1000 mana (after grace/discipline/hatred/clarity)
50% damage reduction from armour
4.8k dps
75/74/75/-50 res
300 mana regen (out of town)

I haven't found the need to add a life leech gem (yet). I know the added lightning isn't optimal but helps while i save up some chromatics to try and add an iron will

The way I see it I have a few options,

- take the remaining Sovereignty node passives to buff auras a little more
- take the Inner Force nodes
- take some more Life nodes that I am already adjacent to
- move towards Faith and Steel and the templar health nodes
- replace my cloak, take the MOM passive
- take the 2 10% elem resist with shield nodes which would give me some more flexibility with jewelry

Any thoughts welcome
IGN - LeNavetBete
I dont have the experience with this build to advice you.
A few posts back i asked about the "Inner Force" node as it is one of the few nodes that affects Artic Armour and makes it absorb more damage.
It makes the mana drain higher also someone said.
If you do take "Inner Force" plz tell how it works together with AA.
It boosts the regular aura also without more mana costs.

How you should progress must depend on what you want to do or need.
If you are fragile then go life and defence, if not go for added killing power/clearing speed.
Someone with high experience with this build can give more specific advice.

I wonder how a ring like the Taming would affect the damage in this build.
It gives chance to ignite, freeze and shock.
Then it gives 10% extra damage if frozen, 10% extra if ignited and 10% extra damage if shocked.
As EK sends ALOT of projectiles that is a max of 30% extra damage.
I know it works wonderful for bows and lightningarrow.
Última edição por Mateo_swe em 10 de jan de 2014 11:37:13
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but how many respec points will i need to get rid of the projectile nodes at the beginning? i'm at lv47 and just got MoM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBH4F-QhnDH0QfxEvEZYV8BZvFvMXLxg8GYoa2xzcHRQdqh6UIcMj9iY8KPotgy2oL28vnTGeMgE1kjbpOlhBh0WdRnFKfU3jVcZV1lb6V-FaSGHiZOdnoG-ecLt0QXfXeqp_K3_GgKSCHoLHgwmHGYd2h9uI8Y9GkNaTJ5M6lwaZmprgmyabtaKjo4qmV6cIrD-sWbGQshm0DLb3tz631riTu-O9J8HzwzrEosaeykrPZc960NDWitkT2t3bC9tZ3Ffe9uGI42rnY-d06NbrY-vu7g7v8Plj-WX56PrS_MX-Cv6P_ro=

Has anyone tried a evasion version like this with cloak of defiance? I'm real interested in giving it a go but not sure how viable it is.
Hey guys,

Final note on this build as I rip'ed at 81: this is the perfect Nemesis build. For mapping, for leveling. You name it, this build is perfect.

The balance between Defense and Offence, in my view, is 65:35. I also believe this is a 85% solo build. In groups, you will feel like you are under performing.

I played up to 73 maps, but eventually got bored as solo. At 78, I felt the build was at its life's end and now only grinding for levels. So I experimented with maps (ran whatever came up, no chaos re-rolls unless BM), and I dropped 1,000 life of more DPS. My IR was 65% and with culling over 110%. I never had problems with map drops, and I have a huge pool of 71-72. I was finding a legendary every 3/4 maps.

FYI, clear speed doesn't really improve with 1,000 more dps. You need to jump from 5,000k to 10,000k i feel in order for it to make a difference.

I also feel this is an "early" league build, when there is not much trading going on. This build doesn't need a lot of specialized gear. Later in the league, you can play more DPS oriented builds as guys are farming more.

Thank you Ziggy, Cantrip and the other contributors who helped me out along the way. I'll likely try this again in the next league. Now off to Standard to see what this CoC Discharge is all about!

Cheers
"
CptNinjetty escreveu:

Has anyone tried a evasion version like this with cloak of defiance? I'm real interested in giving it a go but not sure how viable it is.

After dying once and then getting bored with my roa ranger in the one week, I tried something similar to Ziggy's based on evasion. I picked up MoM though. Didn't use cloak of def. Got to 75 in the race. She's about to hit 79 now in Nem. It's a little slow going because she's my first real Nemesis character so I only had the currency from the race, which means a lot of Piety farming and building a map pool.

I have never been a big fan of EK, but actually like the character quite a bit. Her current health and unreserved mana are drastically low but I haven't had any problems with Piety runs or 66 maps yet, although the mana is only low because I'm running hatred over discipline to speed up clears. For me, solo-only, the added dps does seem to make a difference. It shaves off 1-2 casts per pack. Also running acrobatics, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it for the full build.

Don't really plan on going into higher maps until I have more effective health, which is fine at the moment because I need to build some wealth.

I've never tried the standard armor version of the build so I can't really compare the two but I'll say that the high point for the evasion side, for me, is definitely Ondar's Guile. With Grace, I'm currently sitting at 46% evasion, so projectiles are a complete non-issue. For every other character I've played in this game, I always dreaded Piety stepping into a blue circle. Now I just want her to sit there shooting frost volleys all day long.

Current build at 78 is below. Couple of notes on it:

- Charisma is only slightly worse than Sovereignty.
- I'm only planning on going up to Inner Force on the left side.
- I put my last 7 points into the Void Barrier cluster, but it was a mistake. My current ES level on gear is pretty paltry. In hindsight, should have taken some combination of life nodes near Mind Drinker/Ondar's Guile or gotten the life/mana nodes on the way to Inner Force.
- My connection from Nullification down to the Charisma-Acrobatics pathway is 3 points heavy, for which I get 18% EV, 16% ES, 4% MvSpd, 12% Life and 20 Str. I feel like that's worth it but am not 100% convinced yet.

"
Casildar escreveu:
"
CptNinjetty escreveu:

After dying once and then getting bored with my roa ranger in the one week, I tried something similar to Ziggy's based on evasion. I picked up MoM though. Didn't use cloak of def. Got to 75 in the race. She's about to hit 79 now in Nem. It's a little slow going because she's my first real Nemesis character so I only had the currency from the race, which means a lot of Piety farming and building a map pool.

I have never been a big fan of EK, but actually like the character quite a bit. Her current health and unreserved mana are drastically low but I haven't had any problems with Piety runs or 66 maps yet, although the mana is only low because I'm running hatred over discipline to speed up clears. For me, solo-only, the added dps does seem to make a difference. It shaves off 1-2 casts per pack. Also running acrobatics, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it for the full build.

Don't really plan on going into higher maps until I have more effective health, which is fine at the moment because I need to build some wealth.

I've never tried the standard armor version of the build so I can't really compare the two but I'll say that the high point for the evasion side, for me, is definitely Ondar's Guile. With Grace, I'm currently sitting at 46% evasion, so projectiles are a complete non-issue. For every other character I've played in this game, I always dreaded Piety stepping into a blue circle. Now I just want her to sit there shooting frost volleys all day long.

Current build at 78 is below. Couple of notes on it:

- Charisma is only slightly worse than Sovereignty.
- I'm only planning on going up to Inner Force on the left side.
- I put my last 7 points into the Void Barrier cluster, but it was a mistake. My current ES level on gear is pretty paltry. In hindsight, should have taken some combination of life nodes near Mind Drinker/Ondar's Guile or gotten the life/mana nodes on the way to Inner Force.
- My connection from Nullification down to the Charisma-Acrobatics pathway is 3 points heavy, for which I get 18% EV, 16% ES, 4% MvSpd, 12% Life and 20 Str. I feel like that's worth it but am not 100% convinced yet.

Cool thanks for the response. I dont even have a Cloak of Defiance yet so I'll see what happens.

I want Acrobatics and phase but losing half ES is counter productive with this build. Maybe armor based with tempest shield+blind idk though really it would take alot of points to get everything for this build. It keeps me looking at the tree though...Ill have a better idea once I level up some more..only like 40 now using ST
"
CptNinjetty escreveu:

Cool thanks for the response. I dont even have a Cloak of Defiance yet so I'll see what happens.

I want Acrobatics and phase but losing half ES is counter productive with this build. Maybe armor based with tempest shield+blind idk though really it would take alot of points to get everything for this build. It keeps me looking at the tree though...Ill have a better idea once I level up some more..only like 40 now using ST

Running Clar/Disc/Grace I have 496 available mana and 257 regen with the ES loss from Acrobatics. This is with a pitiful 250 base ES (chest/helm/shield are only 55/56/58 respectively) on all my current gear combined and 206 Int. I am running both the Nullification and Void Barrier clusters from the tree, but I'm fairly sure that with even halfway decent itemization Acrobatics will be easy to manage and well worth the extra avoidance.
I´ll go with this build also in the new league.

But i´ll try how it works out with cast on critical strike as wand´s already have a good crit chance i will grab a few crit chance nodes that are close to the eldritch battery path, to maybe squezze out that extra bit of kill speed, as EK with this many projectiles should trigger COCS often enough.

I think i will end up something like this
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABSshuqrXyNZL-j03jplcxnqxZiPHnY_4Ktz5Bh_nogsco-uvuuJOnCNrdt9bbWS2osZCDCUZxtAyTJxzcf8aio8Hzgh7bC9xXHpSsPz8nKk0VICzp3Q1br04qKaUY23TxhTL8xWegh3ZKfQhnkzq9Jxg8j0bQ0M9lVcYMfRB_xp4Rlp2j_KsOSOOEwFFw1XBS8-odFPrSZp5xTZrPQ2O3MVj1ncTAGpBVp4QaOOw4OthN2Ix2L50W8yY8Fy9k51XWgKThiB2qcLvZEy9v

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional