Krip LS ranger <-

"
infinity46 escreveu:
"
dndallasta escreveu:
Can someone explain to me why Kripp didn't take Unwavering Stance? Getting stunlocked as melee seems somewhat of a problem.

Yeah if anybody has an answer to this that would be great.

my bad! Very important talent. Fixed the spec I linked
Hey Kripp, I really love this spec.

What are your thoughts on it for open beta and what support gems will you be using?
"
Krippers escreveu:
"
infinity46 escreveu:
"
dndallasta escreveu:
Can someone explain to me why Kripp didn't take Unwavering Stance? Getting stunlocked as melee seems somewhat of a problem.

Yeah if anybody has an answer to this that would be great.

my bad! Very important talent. Fixed the spec I linked

I think the linked spec is still the old one. Or at least it doesn't have Unwavering Stance in it.

Wonder how this will play dps-wise once the first projectile doesn't hit the melee enemy anymore. Should still be more than viable though.
"
DasHenne escreveu:
Wonder how this will play dps-wise once the first projectile doesn't hit the melee enemy anymore. Should still be more than viable though.

ya it'll be a huge nerf to the build, especially the single target attack and boss fights.

with this in mind, the main question i'm trying to answer is whether it's worth using something like doublestrike or even viperstrike instead of LS for primary single target.. any other ideas? what do you guys think?
"
DasHenne escreveu:

I think the linked spec is still the old one. Or at least it doesn't have Unwavering Stance in it.

Why wouldn't the 1st projectile be hit? Is this some alpha spoiler?
"
heatzz escreveu:
"
DasHenne escreveu:

Why wouldn't the 1st projectile be hit? Is this some alpha spoiler?

The way that LS currently works is that the first projectile also hits the mob you are engaging in melee combat. GGG said that this is not something that was intended, so one can expect it to be nerfed.
"
Krippers escreveu:
Also, I thought it over with suggestions from some of my friends and the build would indeed be more powerful with a 1handed sword+shield.

I'm curious what nodes you would swap for a 1handed/shield build? There are never enough :) And in what way would it be more powerful, were you thinking about the item setup or passives? Or did you mean for Hardcore survivability?
more of a question to a marauder LS build but..

Why swords here?
Why not maces/daggers/axes
if we are looking for speed attack here
why not a brightbeak or something with allmost 2 APS
I really dont know swords or that..but theres something better in them?
IGN : BGARF / ICYGARF / BAMGARF / PVPGARF / resoGARF / SiphonTrollGarf
So I actually used a build that drew inspiration from Kripp's LS build in the 1-week race. My ranger was absolutely unstoppable until I stupidly got one-shotted by Merciless Vaal at level 60.

I did go one-hand and shield, and I agree with Kripp that it's just about as powerful and definitely more defensive for hardcore. I focused a lot more on survivability, and was planning to fill out damage nodes around 60-70; didn't quite get there unfortunately.

Here's the build at level 61:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIABS0ILg6tFFIUdRjbGY4hYCP2J9UotSmlMgk1hjWSOJY6UjqzQKBDnESeR35KfU7IU7tT31YEVvpY21pIYEtgiGFSY6dlTWegdEF07XTxeu-E2YTvhmCHdpuDm42dqp65n8ukwqvFsHO3F7nNvqe_1cAPxFjSTdN-1e3dDd1G37_stu2D7g7vTu_w8fT8TvzF

And here's where I would go with it:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIABS0ILg6tFFIUdRjbGY4hYCP2J9UotSmlMgk1hjWSOJY6UjqzQKBDnESeR35KfU7IU7tT31YEVvpY21pIYEtgiGFSY6dlTWegdEF07XTxeu-E2YTvhmCHdpuDm42dqp65n8ukwqvFsHO3F7nNvqe_1cAPxFjSTdN-1e3dDd1G37_stu2D7g7vTu_w8fT8TvzFr-vUUgbul3BjF8EH1340NRuqiO1tSoE6o-fL9TGw5w8=

That's at level 77.

The biggest problem with this build is that it doesn't hit quite enough life nodes without going out of the way. All the life nodes in the area except for the one Think Skin trio are 8%, so it's not nearly as optimized in this regard as a marauder or templar melee class would be.

However, the major advantage is that there are very very few wasted nodes. Almost every single node is used to its fullest; the only real travel nodes are along the bottom to blood magic. Everything else is grouped together.

Probably going to use this in OB.
Thanks for sharing Psycholit.

I did pretty much the same except I didn't go for Leather and Steel.

Islidox said Leather and Steel doesn't apply with Iron Reflexes. What does that mean exactly? That the evasion part does not count twice? That would be expected. Either way what armor rating do you end up with? I wonder if you could have more than necessary?

As for Point Blank several months ago on the forum I was told it didn't work with Lightning Strike. I think GGG said more or less "lightning strike is a melee attack and the lightning sparks are not truly ranged projectiles". This was true for the support gem. I'm guessing it was changed if Kripp went for it.

As for Blood Drinker my hunch would be that with Blood Magic you'll want as much life leech as you can get. On the other hand you went for an additional 1.0% life regeneration. That might be better for Hardcore..

Indeed the build is fun to play with decent gear. But I am still somewhat disappointed that there are no true melee classes in PoE. Doing quite well at level 71 clearing some level 60-64 maps but all I do is spam Lightning Strike.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional