New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

"
I did not say that. Can you quote where I have said that?
I will amend it if it's logically contradictory.
"
robmafia escreveu:
were you not suggesting that words "aren't just" words, thereby refuting your premise (ie: refuting that we "can just spew words at one another")?
Perhaps you missed the part I mentioned "that you impose on yourself". As I've said, one is a preference and the other is not once objectivity comes into the equation. In fact if (you think) that was my premise, the following clause does support it: "It should then be applicable at all times for yourself and any source directed at you."
No, I did not say it was off-topic. I said it was slightly off-topic.
I did not say if my anecdote was relevant (or not). I said my post is relevant.

"
robmafia escreveu:
i didn't have any hateful posts, either - and yet... censoring and a temp ban happened, anyway.
It does not have to be a hateful post for it to be removed. As Chris said in the original post "in before you nerf this too" can be removed by this rule as well. Since you wrote nearly 10,000 characters and have been censored & put on probation by this new rule, I suggest you (or others) write a well written in-depth post of why this rule should not be imposed. These altercations between you and SkyCore doesn't exactly put you in an objective light regarding the objection of Grinding Gear Games' censorship.
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Too bad this new "policy" has developed into no negative posts being allowed rather than merely mean posts.

Also too bad it is not going to help one teeny tiny bit in retaining players. Desync, Lag, abominable trading and rng is still going to kill this game.

No matter how many posts you delete.
"
poeticheretick escreveu:
Too bad this new "policy" has developed into no negative posts being allowed rather than merely mean posts.

Also too bad it is not going to help one teeny tiny bit in retaining players. Desync, Lag, abominable trading and rng is still going to kill this game.

A lot of negative posts are happening. However, many resort to outright sarcasm to circumvent the "no hateful post".
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
poeticheretick escreveu:

Why are you still here then when its as bad as you say? I dont get it, dont like it dont play it. I dont play games like CoD because i dont like them. I dont go to their forum nagging about what i dont like.
"
"
poeticheretick escreveu:

Why are you still here then when its as bad as you say? I dont get it, dont like it dont play it. I dont play games like CoD because i dont like them. I dont go to their forum nagging about what i dont like.

Because the game has potential? It is ridiculous to give up due to a few setbacks.
"
mazul escreveu:
"
"
poeticheretick escreveu:

Because the game has potential? It is ridiculous to give up due to a few setbacks.

Then people should stop bitching about it and wait and see where GGG takes POE. I dont complain about desync even though i have it regularly but i rather shut up and play the game than complain.
"
"
mazul escreveu:
"
(...).

Then people should stop bitching about it and wait and see where GGG takes POE. I dont complain about desync even though i have it regularly but i rather shut up and play the game than complain.

Why wait and see, when you can actually attempt to make a difference? Ideally, all people should voice their opinions about everything related to PoE. However, due to time constraints, that's not possible.
"
Gixxerdude escreveu:
"
haplessG00N escreveu:
Good. In game mutes also.

^^ This, I turn off my in-game chat 90% of the time now because the quality of people posting ingame has dropped significantly.. I used to always try to help people with questions but even just a minute or two of reading chat completely ruins the experience for me.

I 'in-my-own-way' can fully understand why the forum policies are being updated and I throw an appreciative nod to you caring about your co-workers/developers quality of life while on the job..

lol.... there is an in-game chat? hehe Think I shut it off from day 1... it's the same on every game forum and every in game chat....

Seriously Chris the mental health of your staff? If you are making money... you don't suck... it's that simple ... tell em to buck up =)
Última edição por Zelec em 12 de dez de 2013 16:59:37
"
]Perhaps you missed the part I mentioned "that you impose on yourself". As I've said, one is a preference and the other is not once objectivity comes into the equation. In fact if (you think) that was my premise, the following clause does support it: "It should then be applicable at all times for yourself and any source directed at you."
No, I did not say it was off-topic. I said it was slightly off-topic.
I did not say if my anecdote was relevant (or not). I said my post is relevant.

...that literally makes no sense and literally contradicts itself. it's either off-topic or it's not. so you're saying... it was "slightly" irrelevant? haha. the anecdote was the core of your post.

"
"
robmafia escreveu:
i didn't have any hateful posts, either - and yet... censoring and a temp ban happened, anyway.
It does not have to be a hateful post for it to be removed.

obviously, since it just happened. come on.

"
robmafia escreveu:
As Chris said in the original post "in before you nerf this too" can be removed by this rule as well.

thanks. the obvious really needed to be stated. again.

"
robmafia escreveu:
Since you wrote nearly 10,000 characters and have been censored & put on probation by this new rule, I suggest you (or others) write a well written in-depth post of why this rule should not be imposed. These altercations between you and SkyCore doesn't exactly put you in an objective light regarding the objection of Grinding Gear Games' censorship.

i already did such. it changed nothing, and i suspect no one even actually read it, present company included. if you did, you wouldn't keep telling me to restate the same exact things again.

as for skycore - lolwut? given that most of my posts weren't directed to him, and he decided to take my posts to ggg personally... your claim appears to be backwards.

fail - noun - multitude favoring censorship, under the false premise that it can't affect them.

it's the same line of thinking that we should let the government into our homes/phones/computers, because we have nothing to hide...
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Última edição por robmafia em 12 de dez de 2013 19:00:29
"

while this wasn't directed toward me, this basically illustrates my point.

people pretend censorship can't affect them, because they don't make hateful posts. then non-hateful posts get censored, but most still think it can't affect them/only will affect bad apples.

the "love it or leave it" mindset stifles improvement, productivity, and growth. people are generally critical about actions of ggg/the game, itself - because they like the game and want it to succeed. there's nothing wrong with stating perceived problems, in an attempt to have them resolved. the likelihood is that the game/ggg would benefit from improvement... right?

hell, isn't that basically the point of beta testing, to begin with?

ie: telling someone to quit poe and play cod, because they expressed areas where the game could use improvement, is contrary to the health of the game.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Última edição por robmafia em 12 de dez de 2013 18:58:53

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional