♦ Official Shape Shifting thread ♦ Hybrid Gems ♦

Strength / Dexterity
Werewolf

Mechanics

• Duration based
• Small cast time that can be interrupted unless otherwise stated by a skill / passive.

The idea behind duration based is in line with how a person turns into a Werewolf. Since we do not have day / night cycles or moon cycles I figured duration would be best. The full moon is not always there so a Werewolf should not be an definitive form.

• While under the Werewolf transformation, you gain increased attack speed, physical damage, and move speed.
• When the duration ends you suffer from reduced attack speed, physical damage, and move speed for x amount of time

I chose these buffs / de-buffs because when I think of Werewolf I think of a fast moving, strong, swift creature. The transformation would give a character these benefits, but the de-buff to this would be the reduced ASPD, PDMG, MSD after the transformation ends. I think of it like this. Transforming into the Werewolf, while painful, gives you a new found strength and swiftness. However, the pain you get when transforming out of the form would leave you weakened as you are back into your ''human'' form.

Strength / Dexterity gems

• Blood Scent
Aura : You gain increased movement speed and attack speed for each enemy bleeding around you

• Blood Thirst
Support : When you kill an enemy who was bleeding you gain a frenzy charge. The amount of charges you can store is based on the level of Blood Thirst.

• Frenzied Leap
Skill : You leap to a target enemy gaining one frenzy charge. If the enemy is bleeding they take additional damage, and upon killing them you will instantly leap to another bleeding enemy further gaining a frenzy charge.

• Howl
De-Buff : Let's out a howl, reducing the armor of enemies in an AOE around the caster.

• Wolfs Blood
Buff : Once used, it cannot be removed. You gain x amount of life leech but the duration of de-buffs after Werewolf transformation ends is doubled.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Strength / Intelligence
Necromancer
Mechanics

• Toggle based
• No cast time

My thoughts for toggle based and no cast time tie in with what will be covered next. Necromancers to me are focused on quick casts of curses and minions, so you should be able to swap to that form fast and get up what is needed.

• While under the Necromancer transformation your minions gain additional HP and Damage.
• While under the Necromancer transformation your curses and totems have increased duration and AOE.
• While in the Necromancer transformation your HP decays for x amount per second.
• HP regen is disabled

The Necromancer, while buffing his minions and curses, should also suffer from decaying health in my opinion. When I think of a Necromancer I picture and old decrepit man whose extended use of dark magics has taken a toll on his human body, and continue to do so. This being said, I did not want a cast time on the transformation because you should be able to switch to it when needed. The HP regen disabled carries over to flasks as well, you cannot heal while in the Necromancer form so people cannot stay in necromancer form for an infinite time. If you reach 1 HP you will revert back to your human form. My biggest concern with this is how much health should decay over time, should it be based on your max health, current health, or a flat amount.

Strength / Intelligence gems

• Neurotoxin
Aura : Casts an aura that causes enemy to decay x% of their hp per second.

• Poison Touch
Support : Your minions will deal chaos damage when attacking

• Necromancers Touch
Curse / Buff : You cast a curse that reduces the elemental resistance of enemies by a small amount as well as reducing their armor by a small amount. If allies are in the area, they become buffed receiving HP and Mana regen.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Intelligence / Dexterity
Wraith
♦TBA♦
IGN : Meowskies
Última edição por Meowskies em 19 de jan de 2013 18:48:35
Este post foi automaticamente arquivado. As respostas foram desabilitadas.
< insert update / random info here >
When I think wolf I tend to think speed and int more than str. I could see a werewolf as a dex/int. Versus say a bear, bull, or gorillia as str.

Also, perhaps there could be a passive skill that would increase your transformation duration for each enemy killed? I agree the skill should have a limit but I would love to see a way to extend it so those who wanted to could try and stay in form as long as possible and build a character around that one goal.

I like the idea of transformations and would like to see a handful of gems that granted them. You could have different ones for each stat.
Now the most importan part. How do you incorporate the idea of werewolfs in the concept of path of exile story, artwork and design ideas?
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
I have been a huge fan of SS in games since D2. I would love to see some kind of SS in PoE as well and I can see them doing it in the future, even at first if its only the basic skins that are currently in the game bear, ape, rhoa? Though I have to say I like your idea but I don't at the same time though thats just personal preference.

+1 for ShapeShifting if it is possible GGG make it happen in the future please :)
"
Spysong192 escreveu:
Now the most importan part. How do you incorporate the idea of werewolfs in the concept of path of exile story, artwork and design ideas?

I will look into the Lore after I finish the basic concepts. If there are up to 10 acts though, I am sure there is a place to fit it in.

Is this some sort of weird video game fan fic?
"
demonachizer escreveu:
Is this some sort of weird video game fan fic?

What do you hope to get for informations with this question?
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
This could be interesting :)

It could also be different gems with different shapes
I remember when I played Baldur's Gate II, transforming in a Rat, a Ooze, etc. It was and modified your stats.
/bump :)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional