♦ Official Shape Shifting thread ♦ Hybrid Gems ♦

Shape shifting into a Necromancer to increase my minion damage, where do I sign up that's awesome!

Possible make the form instead of just plain dmg increase, it could give special abilties, like zombies will now use cleave attack. Skeletons will use Shield Charge and Spectra can use whatever their special ability is. This would be immense fun and actually make you feel even more active while playing a summoner.

"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
Added very minor hybrid str / int skill gems under the necromancer. Having a brain stump with Necro / Wraith class to keep them semi easy to balance =|
IGN : Meowskies
"
Rmpz escreveu:
Shape shifting into a Necromancer to increase my minion damage, where do I sign up that's awesome!

Possible make the form instead of just plain dmg increase, it could give special abilties, like zombies will now use cleave attack. Skeletons will use Shield Charge and Spectra can use whatever their special ability is. This would be immense fun and actually make you feel even more active while playing a summoner.

I will be adding hybrid gems that function as such, giving minions additional things. The whole complaint I have received is ''Do not make this feel like a class that you have to take certain things for.'' That means I have to leave it open to balance / change as well as appeal to people. Thanks for the idea, it will help me out -a lot- when writing down support gems of the hybrid class =D
Shapeshifting should disable several skills. That's the only way to balance it... adding a duration-based after-effect will only make for very lame moments. Because, get real, that's what heavily debuffed players do. They wait. Then they proceed. When monsters are doing the debuffing, you acknowledge that's because they're hard. When your own skills do the debuffing, it just feels like bad pacing.

Werewolf is a fine concept. The drawbacks can be that you can only use melee skills, you need to be dual-wielding to activate the transformation, and wouldn't allow two-handed weapons or shields. That would limit your choices enough that only certain builds would want it. It would be a dexterity-based transformation (no hybrid).

Necromancer is a horrible concept. Allowing a caster to pretty much remain a caster, while having improved minions, is all payoff and no penalty, which means: you can't make the payoff very large. No, transformations should have substantial payoffs. A better concept would be a demonic transformation. And not some suave demon, like Mephistopheles, but something more brutish like this:
Spoiler

While in that form, your minions would be improved, but you wouldn't be able to cast spells (except minion spells, which you cast faster, and maybe curses) or used ranged abilities. It would make for an entirely new style of play... being a necromancer isn't a new style of play, that's the basic concept behind the Witch anyway, if you listen to her introduction when you play her. Demon would be an intelligence-based transformation which wouldn't allow two-handed weapons.

For Strength, it may be a little already-been-done, but I'd go Werebear, which would be for two-handers (wouldn't allow one-handed weapons). Something along the lines of duplicating your two-hander (allowing you to dual-wield two-handed weapons) would be just fine, giving the werebear extra tankiness (dual-wield block), extra attack speed, and a hell of a punch with Dual Strike (aka maul).
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Última edição por ScrotieMcB em 19 de jan de 2013 21:38:08
"
ScrotieMcB escreveu:
Shapeshifting should disable several skills. That's the only way to balance it... adding a duration-based after-effect will only make for very lame moments. Because, get real, that's what heavily debuffed players do. They wait. Then they proceed. When monsters are doing the debuffing, you acknowledge that's because they're hard. When your own skills do the debuffing, it just feels like bad pacing.

Werewolf is a fine concept. The drawbacks can be that you can only use melee skills, you need to be dual-wielding to activate the transformation, and wouldn't allow two-handed weapons or shields. That would limit your choices enough that only certain builds would want it. It would be a dexterity-based transformation (no hybrid).

Necromancer is a horrible concept. Allowing a caster to pretty much remain a caster, while having improved minions, is all payoff and no penalty, which means: you can't make the payoff very large. No, transformations should have substantial payoffs. A better concept would be a demonic transformation. And not some suave demon, like Mephistopheles, but something more brutish like this:
Spoiler

While in that form, your minions would be improved, but you wouldn't be able to cast spells (except minion spells, which you cast faster, and maybe curses) or used ranged abilities. It would make for an entirely new style of play... being a necromancer isn't a new style of play, that's the basic concept behind the Witch anyway, if you listen to her introduction when you play her. Demon would be an intelligence-based transformation which wouldn't allow two-handed weapons.

For Strength, it may be a little already-been-done, but I'd go Werebear, which would be for two-handers (wouldn't allow one-handed weapons). Something along the lines of duplicating your two-hander (allowing you to dual-wield two-handed weapons) would be just fine, giving the werebear extra tankiness (dual-wield block), extra attack speed, and a hell of a punch with Dual Strike (aka maul).

Very nice insight, and -exactly- the type of feedback I was looking for. I did not even think about casting spells aside from curses or summons while in necro form, which is why I did not really add in any active skills, and more passives / curses. I definitely did not want people to be able to remain in it, which is why I added the decay HP and no regeneration / healing what so ever. However, I do really like how you put it. I think it would be a matter of preference for how it should look, and that could be an added micro transaction. I'd much prefer an old creepy decrepit man that buffs minions over a demon, however your concept is just as good. As I said, it's a matter of preference.

I adore the idea of Werewolf only being able to dual wield, it's a grand idea. I think it would open up some AMAZING ideas for claw type weapons which I feel are lacking very hard.

I've not thought much on a strength, because I've been making these hybrid, and perhaps I will re-evaluate that. However, at the same time I think hybrid gems would be very fun, and open up new possibilities but it might be best to work on one concept first. Werebear would be nice for strength, but damn I would love a Wereduck. Again all of these transformations could be opened up for soooo many microtransaction purchases that I would pay for, as would many others. Werebear can have a purchase for a Wereduck skin. Werewolf can big a slender type Werewolf like from D2, or it could be a huge buffy beef wolf. Necromancer or Demon, you pick with the transaction.

I thank you for this input, I appreciate it a lot.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional