Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Tompa974 escreveu:
I was quite sure Mathil touched on it, but I can't find it again. So here I go with my thought:

Wouldn't Static Blows for 2 passive points be a very good dps increase? Sure, the shock ailment hits every 10th hit, but since we have great APS, and tree projectiles, we should be able to triple shock stack anyone without any problem, and that is a flat 90% damage increase. For 2 measly passive points. And since we don't have any crit once we get Resolute Technique it feels quite important.

But then, where to pull points from... When looking through the tree each and every point are used very well, so yeah. Would be nice with others thoughts on this though.

Mathil's response was somewhere along the lines of "tried it, didn't notice much, dropped it". Like Acrobatics, it's nice to have but a waste of points in the end.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Daarknight escreveu:
I wanted to make a post to help clarify a few things.

1. eDPS - this is a function of elemental damage on weapon multiplied by attack speed. So as attack speed goes up, so does eDPS. This is a great stat to help isolate potential upgades on POE.XYZ but is not good for comparing 1 foil VS another.

2. Once Anger and Wrath are max level, a blue sword with only 27% attack speed mod (2.16 attacks per second) would put out about equal dps to a 1.7 aps foil with 36-64 cold, 41-72 fire and 11-115 light (highest possible rolls). Even with as great of a foil that Mathil had last season, about 75% of his dps came from Wrath and Anger.

3. Haste only adds 17% attack speed which is probably 6-9% bump in dps.

4. Last season, Mathil was using a 6L rare chest and took Acrobatics. He had over 6K health so he either dodged, evaded or blocked about 75% of attacks and had the health pool to soak up the physical attacks that made it through. This season he is using lightning coil which enables him to save a handful of points that can be used to increase his health pool. With my 6L rare, I also take phase acrobatics as I find that physical spells (can be dodged but not evaded) like the explosions from the Bubble Shield guys can (and have) kill me if I desync. This makes me much more tanky at the expense of some dps, chaos resist and health nodes.

5. With Resolute Technique, you can no longer evade reflect. Ondars will not help you with reflect if you took this node. You can however block and dodge reflect so 40% dodge and 30% block really helps with reflect. Couple this with the reduced effectiveness of Life Leech and I would imagine that Mathil has to be much more careful dealing with reflect than he did last season. He is a great player so he can handle it but I am sure makes some maps much slower.

6. Over capping resists by 44 with Lightning coil would be very, very hard and gear would get ridiculously expensive considering you still need WED, Life, attack speed, movements speed etc. I use a mirrored 6L chest and the rest of my gear is pretty ridiculous and I still need 22% more cold resist and 15% more fire resist to be overcapped for elemental weakness maps.

7. -Max and elemental weakness maps will be more difficult especially with reflect when using Lightning Coil and no acrobatics / phase acrobatics.

8. I would level with a 2 hander for the first 40 levels or so. You can do enough dps with a 2 hander and no auras early on while you build your tree. Until you hit the aura nodes, level your gems and get some WED on gear, you will be hurting for dps.

9. Do not run Blood Magic until you can run a life leech gem. Just chug mana pots.

10. This is not an IIR IIQ build. You will not be able to stack those stats and still get all the other stats you need. Get high life on every piece of gear. It is a requirement.

My scion tree at level 88 with phase acrobatics and gear in Standard. DPS is 12,555 and health is about 5,600.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEswW1DH0QfxGWFE0XLxmFGYoaOBpsGo8c3B0UHaoi6iP2JDwkqiSwJpUnqSj6LYMvbzBxMok26TpCOyg8jkZxSVFKfUt4UzVVS1XGVdZW-lfJV-JZ81ptYENk52aeZ6BtbG17bj1vnnC7cql35XzZfXV_xoCkgwmG0Yd2j0aQVZMnlwabtaIApwinXKeErKq0DLVIuJO748AawzrEosaexqLKSs3qz2XQ0NN-1CPZE92o4YjjaujW6rrr7uw47g7veu_w8B_z3fba-tL7CfzF_ro=

Ignore the gems in the gloves. Plan is to roll them to 4 red sockets and use level 16 CWDT, 16 Enduring Cry, 16/20 Immortal Call and 20/20 Increased Duration.

hmm in that case, how about not going down to resolute tech and get some accuracy nodes and crit chance nodes?

this build already has lots of dex and so I think it's going to be hitting pretty well still, and you can evade the reflects as well :)
The crit and accuracy won't make up for RT, you will do less DPS unless you get serious crit chance/multi on ammys etc and in that case.. wrong build.

Ondar's without RT is an option for this build, certainly will be slightly safer in Reflect but won't make you immune.
I left out RT when we got the respect and I think my chance to hit was about 78%. DPS was about 10,500. RT got me over 2K dps.

2 things that can really hurt you in 1.1 patch...Reflect and physical spells.

As it is I am hurting a bit for skill points due to acrobatics and phase acrobatics but I really think these are needed without a Lightning Coil. Without those 2 skills, I died a few times at level 87 to physical spells and once on a -max, elemental reflect map and things feel much safer now.

I think it boils down to using Lightning coil and spending extra points on Life and DPS but having to really watch yourself on reflect or using a rare and going for acrobatics and phase acrobatics. I think once Mathil gets his gear improved with more life, he may choose to switch to a rare chest but who knows.

Última edição por Daarknight em 17 de mar de 2014 14:10:19
Is lightning coil really necessary for this build? I feel like getting acrobatics/phase could add more survivability but it requires so many skills point though and you are playing with a lot of RNG for it...

Also why do people go down the heart of oak path and not go to the right of ballistic mastery and save some skills points as well as reach some health nodes?

Also, anyone ever think of using an the unique unset ring for the auras? +5 levels.

Also how good this is build compared to Flubby's? His DPS is insane compared to this. Can this build ever get that high?
Última edição por renroval em 17 de mar de 2014 14:38:28
"
Daarknight escreveu:

10. This is not an IIR IIQ build. You will not be able to stack those stats and still get all the other stats you need. Get high life on every piece of gear. It is a requirement.

You made a bunch of really good points in your post, but this one is simply not true. I was able to make this build into the most successful IIR/IIQ build that I have ever played. I'm gonna paste my post on it from a month ago.

"
I tried this MF build out and it is working out incredibly well! I substituted Purity of Elements over Haste to help make up for the resist loss from the rings. Im at 82/30/82, the Alphas Howl makes the low cold res workable.

I'm at 191 rarity 62 quality on my 6l with 7700 dps. I switched out my CWDT set up for ST-cull-IQ-IR which put me at 244r 96q. Purity of Elements reserves less mana than haste so i have 4 times the mana cost of my cull available. I'm still getting used to hitting the cull on blue packs, but yellows and bosses are easy.

The biggest issue is hps, I am currently at 3241, down a little over 1k. Reflect is something that went from a minor annoyance to a major pain, but it is doable with some patience. The highest solo map I have done is 72, but I am sure I can do higher, just don't have any at the moment.

I'm sure this goes without saying but definitely not recommended for hardcore. Lots of really close calls and I have been 1 shotted a few times.

As far as MF gear I went double andvarius, Sadima's and Goldwyrm. I had rarity flask, but I had a hard time making it work. I was able to consistently take on level 74 maps solo and easily culled with a couple friends in 77s. I wouldn't try this without a 6l, but if you have the gear I can't recommend trying it enough.
IGN: Xkyfen
"
renroval escreveu:
Is lightning coil really necessary for this build? I feel like getting acrobatics/phase could add more survivability but it requires so many skills point though and you are playing with a lot of RNG for it...

Also why do people go down the heart of oak path and not go to the right of ballistic mastery and save some skills points as well as reach some health nodes?

Also, anyone ever think of using an the unique unset ring for the auras? +5 levels.

Also how good this is build compared to Flubby's? His DPS is insane compared to this. Can this build ever get that high?

1. Lightning coil is not necessary. You can go acro with or without phase or ondars. I'm willing to bet you can even make IR work too, but I have no experience doing that as of yet.

2. I am not sure what you mean here. Heart of Oak is a mandatory point for me in almost any build that I do not get iron reflexes. The right of ballistic mastery are all bow nodes.

3. You need reduced mana attached to your auras, so the unique ring is out.

4. Flubbys gear can make the POE 1% jealous. 1 piece of his gear is easily worth 5-10 times more than a whole set of this buzzsaw gear. It is impossible to get anywhere near that dps with this build, but the great thing is you don't need to get that high.
IGN: Xkyfen
I suppose that's true.

Is 14k DPS spectral throw enough to kill atziri quickly though?? WE MUST HAVE MORE! Is there any other way to increase the DPS of this build? Utilize crit maybe?
Basically, the top end DPS for this build is around ~20k with BiS gear and you can expect 12k DPS without too much effort. That is more than enough to do all the content in the game solo as the OP says, quicky and cheaply.

However, if you get to Flubby's level of DPS, you will be able to carry entire 6-man parties - his spec has a top end DPS of about ~150 k DPS tooltip which is far more than necessary and actually downright dangerous to reflect. His build does require a lot of gear though - and without Crown of Eyes you won't actually exceed the damage of this build by much.

"
renroval escreveu:
I suppose that's true.

Is 14k DPS spectral throw enough to kill atziri quickly though?? WE MUST HAVE MORE! Is there any other way to increase the DPS of this build? Utilize crit maybe?

Utilizing crit would be a completely different spec and you can look at Flubby's build. What I can say is a not too difficult DPS boost for this build would be Crown of Eyes (10 exalts I think) and a spell damage shield and passive nodes. However, be very careful with that - this build is RT and with Crown of Eyes you might be able to reach ~30k with nearly the same build but will be very vulnerable to reflect.
Última edição por Chundadragon em 17 de mar de 2014 15:08:20
I see. 20k DPS...That seems like a lot. But watching those Atziri kills with 150k spectral throw is hilarious. But I'm guessing that kind of gear isn't going to come cheap at all.
Última edição por renroval em 17 de mar de 2014 15:08:11

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional