Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
renroval escreveu:
Is lightning coil really necessary for this build? I feel like getting acrobatics/phase could add more survivability but it requires so many skills point though and you are playing with a lot of RNG for it...

Also why do people go down the heart of oak path and not go to the right of ballistic mastery and save some skills points as well as reach some health nodes?

Also, anyone ever think of using an the unique unset ring for the auras? +5 levels.

Also how good this is build compared to Flubby's? His DPS is insane compared to this. Can this build ever get that high?

This build is designed to deal with elemental damage with auras and physical damage via avoiding it (evasion, block and your skill). You will need some help. Lightning coil knocks about 35% off which when paired with a high life pool, should do the trick.

The other option is higher evade, a bunch of dodge and spell dodge paired with high life. I just need enough life to not be one shot. I also use a double CWDT for the endurance charges and plan to pair these with an Immortal call with a decent duration. I find that I have very good endurance charge uptime for when I need it and once I get my colors on gloves, Immortal call should buy me the time I need to leech life back.

The lightning coil upside is you can progress sooner with lesser gear (due to more skill point flexibility and great physical resistance). The downside is a few more problematic map mods and combinations.
Summary for those looking for some answers

1. ATTACK SPEED > eDPS on Sword. Been asked a million times. Which is better? The foil with higher attack speed. >2.0 and some elemental dps is better than one with less attack speed and more eDps. poe.xyz foils with 2.0 or greater attack speed, sort by aps then look at elemental dps. Tri elemental is nice.

2. DPS COMES FROM AURAS NOT WEAPON. Wrath and Anger provide tons of flat elemental damage. That damage used with the high attack speed from your weapon (and nodes and Haste) provides your dps. The elemental damage on your weapon is only a bonus to the main damage from Wrath and Anger.

3. Haste is an amplifier. Like any attack speed node on the tree it lets you attack faster per second. DPS damage per second.

4. Alpha's HOWL. adds +2 to wrath/anger and 3rd aura of choosing (generally haste). wrath and anger are our DPS (see #2) so this is huge. BUT it also allows us to hold a 5th aura because of the global reduced mana. Alpha's Howl is a massive benefit and really the only expensive gear needed to run this build. That's RUN not OPTIMIZE.

5. WHEN CAN I SWITCH TO 1H vs 2H? Once you get Anger and Wrath and preferably Reduced Mana then we have our DPS (see #2). This is likely when you will be able to switch. To do so you need a faster attack weapon.
Example:
This is GREATER THAN

than this with this build at level 49 with level 10ish anger/wrath and level 4 rm

6. MUST I GET LIGHTNING COIL? Pre 1.1 it was not needed. The scion life wheel gave us more life with less passives and so a 5-6L evasion chest with life on it was great. This is still somewhat true. I haven't tested but may recommend the following based on my experience with this build which I have at level 88 through domination/standard and have solo'd all bosses except haven't tried atziri yet (do to playing ambush).

.....6a. IF you have a lightening coil or can easily get one (you have the currency and already have alpha's howl) then go ahead. 5L is fine for this build.
.....6b. IF you don't have one and don't have the currency then grab Acrobatics and I'd suggest Ondars. Look for any evasion chests with life on them. Higher evasion obviously better.

You can respec out of acro and ondar if/when you get a lightning coil. then use that for life/attack whatever, Up to you.

7. WILL THIS UNQIQUE WEAPON/THAT UNIQUE WEAPON WORK? Does it have greater than 2.0 attack speed? If not then No.

8. CWDT/ENDURING CRY/IMMORTAL CALL. If you like. This is optional. Being evade some hits get through and if they are physical they will hurt. You need life pool to soak them up. If you feel lacking in life then perhaps this helps.

9. WHAT DO WE WANT ON GEAR? Rings/Amulet/Belt need 2 things. #1 LIFE, #2 Weapon elemental damage/resists. A lot of people are concerned with dps. DPS this DPS that. DPS will come, especially with leveling gems (See #2), life/resists is what keeps us alive and keeps us moving forward.
Sword needs Attack speed over everything else.
Shield you want LIFE, Evasion and resists of course.

10. Try to keep resists maxed. Really, this should go without saying.

11. Does STATIC BLOWS? up to you. The build is not in stone. It is flexible. I've personally found it unneeded.

12. SHADOW/RANGER/SCION???? Which do you like more? Spec ends up pretty similar all around. I do think maybe ranger may have the better end tree but not by all that much and that too is debatable.

13. I just wanted 13 things. Actually, I like to run a ST-IIR-Culling-LMP (which means it uses a little mana) so I can cull with IIR large bosses like piety or map bosses.

Our sword is the delivery system. Our auras are our weapon.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Última edição por Madcow1120 em 17 de mar de 2014 15:59:52
But what is better overall? Like OVERALL...getting lightning coil or acrobatics in terms of survivability?

Also, 5L lightning coil or Tabula Rasa? Which would be better to use until you can get your hands on a 6L rare/lightning coil?
"
Madcow1120 escreveu:
Summary for those looking for some answers

1. ATTACK SPEED > eDPS on Sword. Been asked a million times. Which is better? The foil with higher attack speed. >2.0 and some elemental dps is better than one with less attack speed and more eDps. poe.xyz foils with 2.0 or greater attack speed, sort by aps then look at elemental dps. Tri elemental is nice.

2. DPS COMES FROM AURAS NOT WEAPON. Wrath and Anger provide tons of flat elemental damage. That damage used with the high attack speed from your weapon (and nodes and Haste) provides your dps. The elemental damage on your weapon is only a bonus to the main damage from Wrath and Anger.

3. Haste is an amplifier. Like any attack speed node on the tree it lets you attack faster per second. DPS damage per second.

4. Alpha's HOWL. adds +2 to wrath/anger and 3rd aura of choosing (generally haste). wrath and anger are our DPS (see #2) so this is huge. BUT it also allows us to hold a 5th aura because of the global reduced mana. Alpha's Howl is a massive benefit and really the only expensive gear needed to run this build. That's RUN not OPTIMIZE.

5. WHEN CAN I SWITCH TO 1H vs 2H? Once you get Anger and Wrath and preferably Reduced Mana then we have our DPS (see #2). This is likely when you will be able to switch. To do so you need a faster attack weapon.
Example:
This is GREATER THAN

than this with this build at level 49 with level 10ish anger/wrath and level 4 rm

6. MUST I GET LIGHTNING COIL? Pre 1.1 it was not needed. The scion life wheel gave us more life with less passives and so a 5-6L evasion chest with life on it was great. This is still somewhat true. I haven't tested but may recommend the following based on my experience with this build which I have at level 88 through domination/standard and have solo'd all bosses except haven't tried atziri yet (do to playing ambush).

.....6a. IF you have a lightening coil or can easily get one (you have the currency and already have alpha's howl) then go ahead. 5L is fine for this build.
.....6b. IF you don't have one and don't have the currency then grab Acrobatics and I'd suggest Ondars. Look for any evasion chests with life on them. Higher evasion obviously better.

You can respec out of acro and ondar if/when you get a lightning coil. then use that for life/attack whatever, Up to you.

7. WILL THIS UNQIQUE WEAPON/THAT UNIQUE WEAPON WORK? Does it have greater than 2.0 attack speed? If not then No.

8. CWDT/ENDURING CRY/IMMORTAL CALL. If you like. This is optional. Being evade some hits get through and if they are physical they will hurt. You need life pool to soak them up. If you feel lacking in life then perhaps this helps.

9. WHAT DO WE WANT ON GEAR? Rings/Amulet/Belt need 2 things. #1 LIFE, #2 Weapon elemental damage/resists. A lot of people are concerned with dps. DPS this DPS that. DPS will come, especially with leveling gems (See #2), life/resists is what keeps us alive and keeps us moving forward.
Sword needs Attack speed over everything else.
Shield you want LIFE, Evasion and resists of course.

10. Try to keep resists maxed. Really, this should go without saying.

11. Does STATIC BLOWS? up to you. The build is not in stone. It is flexible. I've personally found it unneeded.

12. SHADOW/RANGER/SCION???? Which do you like more? Spec ends up pretty similar all around. I do think maybe ranger may have the better end tree but not by all that much and that too is debatable.

13. I just wanted 13 things. Actually, I like to run a ST-IIR-Culling-LMP (which means it uses a little mana) so I can cull with IIR large bosses like piety or map bosses.

Our sword is the delivery system. Our auras are our weapon.

I agree with everything except Ondar's. I can think of a few instances where it would be OP but I prefer Phase Acrobatics along with the extra 10% dodge you get from the points on the way. Now, if I could hit 90%+ hit chance without RT, Ondar's would be sick for reducing Reflect.

"Our sword is the delivery system. Our auras are our weapon." ...Funny Stuff.
"
renroval escreveu:
But what is better overall? Like OVERALL...getting lightning coil or acrobatics in terms of survivability?

Also, 5L lightning coil or Tabula Rasa? Which would be better to use until you can get your hands on a 6L rare/lightning coil?

Lightning coil will make life easier but reflect and over capping resists will be more difficult. More than likely, you will have a harder time with reflect on maps.

Lightning coil will enable you to do things with lesser gear and progress faster.

Endgame with very good gear, I think a build with a rare 6L would be a bit more well rounded.

If given choice between Lightning coil or Tabula Rasa, Lighting coil hands down.
Última edição por Daarknight em 17 de mar de 2014 16:29:31
"
renroval escreveu:

Overall, Assuming your resists are capped regardless of item lightning coil would likely be best do to the damage mitigation and still providing life and evasion. (as well as some dps).

5L lighning coil = more survibility vs tabula which provides more dps. So, depends on what you're doing. Farming piety? Tabula. Doing high end maps? Coil.
IF you have to choose? Coil.

"
Daarknight escreveu:
"
Madcow1120 escreveu:

I agree with everything except Ondar's. I can think of a few instances where it would be OP but I prefer Phase Acrobatics along with the extra 10% dodge you get from the points on the way. Now, if I could hit 90%+ hit chance without RT, Ondar's would be sick for reducing Reflect.

"Our sword is the delivery system. Our auras are our weapon." ...Funny Stuff.

In dom I actually had Phase instead of Ondar's. Then decided to go down to ondar's respeccing out of phase. I personally liked Ondar's better and here's why.

Ondar's basically makes you Immune to projectile damage. In my experience the most likely damage to stun you is from projectiles (example: titty shooters in lunaris). Now, they don't touch you. Even piety's ice arrows act as projectiles that pass right through you.

The only thing that really hurt and insta killed was the labyrinth boss with EK. They hit 100% because they are spells. They fire soooo fast that even phase wouldn't help with that.

BUT it really is up to the end user to try each out and choose. As I mentioned, it's not set in stone.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
It's so hard to cap/overcap lightning resist with lightning coil though. I figured a Tabula Rasa would be better with more DPS which means faster clears?

Hmm...

Currently using this at level 45. I'm on Act 2 [Cruel]

Spectral throw is at 391 DPS using WED + LMP + ST + FA.

I'm currently running clarity aura by itself as I don't have reduced mana yet + I run out of mana for ST when my aura(s) are up.

Should I switch to one handed even though my DPS goes down but my atk spd goes higher? I don't have the mana regen to sustain casting so many attacks?

or is my perception wrong?
Última edição por Solidity em 17 de mar de 2014 19:08:56
Just to let you guys know about nice temporary dps boost for low lvl maps/farming lunaris/ledge etc. If you capped either fire or lightning resistance try dropping Purity of that element and replace it with Vitality aura combined with Blood Rage. Even if you didn't spec into increasing maximum amount of Frenzy charges you still gain benefit of 3 free charges coming from Blood Rage which equals 15% of temporary bonus attack speed.

Tested myself since I'm capped at fire resist with gear alone and got 600 dps more for free coming from Frenzy charges.
Última edição por borek664 em 17 de mar de 2014 19:06:52
"
renroval escreveu:
It's so hard to cap/overcap lightning resist with lightning coil though. I figured a Tabula Rasa would be better with more DPS which means faster clears?

Hmm...

That's what purity of lighting is for.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional