Open Beta - design changes

Well, it was worth waiting for...it's just awesome, I'm positively baffled!

GGG, you rock!
How will I ever sleep tonight knowing tomorrow is the day?

I gonna have to get drunk tonight. I'm to excited.
"
Jim_Fear escreveu:
the notes say that "Monsters now list what elements they are vulnerable to".

Monsters already say what they are resistant to, so doesn't it stand to reason the other elements are what they are vulnerable to?

they might be especially vulnerable to a certain type

resists ice
lightning does normal damage
fire does tons of damage

so it would say "vulnerable to fire"
I tried an ES character but found that since ES gear didn't provide armor I would die in one or two shots! and did in merciless feted pools.

I cant wait for the new content to come out! my grades may suffer for the month following the release, hohoho :))
"Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic." - Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass
I initially was not fond of the impending changes to CI. It seemed that removing the ES gain from it was too much of a penalty. However, after reading ALL of the recent announcements (OB announcement, patch notes, and reasoning thread), I do agree with the change, at least in spirit.

I'm looking forward to the new version. Thanks for making such an awesome game GGG!
Thanks for the explanations. I agree on some, disagree on others, and no idea about others. But I trust in you and the guys that tested it.
And also it will improve with all the feedback in later patches.

One thing I don't like in any way, and I hope you eventualy take into consideration:

It will be better if you rename the 3 difficult levels as:

CRUEL
RUTHLESS
MERCILESS

and just get rid of NORMAL. I think those three names fit very well with the PoE world and game phylosophy. Should be awesome to have 3 names like that in the game.

Regards.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Última edição por Valmar em 22 de jan de 2013 22:49:38
hoo-ray open beta and act 3!

So i know it was mentioned in the OP by qarl that adding more stregth gems for duelist/melee builds is coming in later patches as well as other stuff to make the class/builds better

(this may be the worng area to post suggestion) but a skill gem or support gem that allows you to attack additional monsters (as long as they are adjacent to the primary enemy being attacked)kind of like zeal from Diablo 2 would be nice. i know cleave already does this to an extent but its aps is slow imo. if this mechanich was put on a support gem it would make heavy strike and infernal blow way better

feel free to move post if it is too off topic

HOO-RAY OPEN BETA!
I was gonna play a witch because even though they are really squishy CI fixed it. While I accept that CI was going to be nerfed, I believe the new Keystone that changes Life Regen to affect ES and the increased ES nodes will more than make up for it. I mean sure all the Life Regen is on the Strength side but a little side detour shouldn't hurt a build TOO much especially if you value living longer rather than killing things before they can kill you.

I am also excited about Duelist getting some love :)
"The path of a true warrior is not how strong you become to defeat others; but how strong you become to protect those who matter most."

Yhuma - melee Dagger Shadow

"
EpsiIon escreveu:
"
Panda413 escreveu:
"
EpsiIon escreveu:
I absolutely love GGG, no one can doubt that;

However I feel that so many of these changes are so knee-jerk, and the balance itself is almost non-existant.

I'm sad to say this, but I truely disprove of the balancing in this patch. The problems, while legit, are simply covered up, and over simplified, rather then fixing the problem.

Love ggg, but this patch of balance changes, not your highlight :*(

Love act 3 tho :S

I don't get it... have you played OB already?

How could you possibly form this conclusion without extensive play testing?

Invalid post is invalid.

Invalidating a post based on limited information on a post on limited information. You just lowered yourself to my level, and well below it, to simply anyone who reads this.

The reason I say this, is that we have had dozens, maybe even hundreds of threads on the balance issues at hand, with some of the best actual USERS of many of the things nerfed, who outlined many times, in many ways, exactly what was wrong with each of the systems.

Basically none of it was addressed here in anyway of correctly.

To boot, this entire patch, and reasoning, is simply leading me down a chain of thought that is mostly simplifying the game so immensly, that I am rather outraged to SEE this of a game that has prided itself on being as different as possible.

I mean, ES Just went from the only class/build/spec that could mitigate Chaos, and the strongest defensive late game option, to basically having all of the previous weaknesses, and none of the strengths.

Critique me if you will, and I admit, a bit of this may be knee-jerk of my own, but this patch is not the highlight of GGG. The balancing reasoning is very shallow, though well orated.

Im simply disappointed.

Keep in mind this is BETA people, it's meant to have changes so we can test them and then give feedback on them. Don't start saying GGG did a horrible job with this patch before you even play the damn game and test it out yourself. For all you know, what looks bad on paper to you may actually end up working in game. So hush plz :)
I used to play Diablo 3, then I realized it doesn't have a Shabby Jerkin.
Fantastic read Qarl, thanks so much for that.

I've been in the beta for a long time, and I cannot WAIT to dig in properly all over again - you guys are gonna succeed bigtime, congrats you all deserve it!
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional