Open Beta - design changes

"
peachii escreveu:
First :)

THIS! Explanation, detail and clear thought processes. This is why i will be playing PoE for years to come.

Great job.... just great job.

Omg @Peachii was actually first to post. So jelly right now :P ;D.

This is one of the deepest patch notes explanation in depth, that i have ever seen in my life. Totally blown away. And yes i have read, every single word in it :P.

Best regards, Fary:)
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Última edição por Farystar em 22 de jan de 2013 23:36:23
I'm excited to check out the new stuff; even bought a kiwi to bring along to Sarn!

Thanks GGG!
Well.

I hope this will be the only time I will ever say this. Since it will also be the first.

I have never seen such an gigantic fuck up in my entire life. Well, once before actually and it made me quit a different game (not D3). I will not quit this game because of it, however, you should know just how seriously you have indeed fucked up.

Adding chaos resistance to ITEMS is the biggest mistake you have ever, and hopefully will ever make. Since even though you will technically still be in BETA, these items cannot be removed unless you do so directly. There are no more wipes, migrations, nothing.

Here is what CI has become. Lose all your life. For 25% resists. That's ALL that keystone is now.

To any other class, I will ask you a question, "If there was a keystone in your tree that stated, Lose 1500 HP, but gain max resistance to fire, would you take it"? If not, you see why this is a problem.

I had, with AMAZING gear, I believe 8k ES (w/o CI) when I tested it for the sake of giving feedback. This was enough to sustain me (in CB, not OB) With amazing, BiS gear to boot.

Chaos Resistance should have NEVER been added to gear. Maybe some in the tree, but NEVER gear.

So, by making CI essentially a +25% resist node, which doesn't give ES (Which it shouldn't), AND lowering all ES values, I will leave you with this:

Give up everything in pursuit of greatness- Even life itself.

What a joke
Última edição por SL4Y3R em 22 de jan de 2013 23:44:19
once again, read my previous post. Stop bashing decisions until you fucking tried them out yourself. Jesus people, is this the criticize and whine before you tested it out yourself era? This is BETA dammit. Sheesh.

That means you SL4Y3R included.

Edit: To the post below me. This is Beta dude(yet again). Nothing here is permanent. They can decide to take it out and change it to something new or go back to old ways. Chaos changes are not a "permanent" part of the game. It is there to be tested by the masses.
I used to play Diablo 3, then I realized it doesn't have a Shabby Jerkin.
Última edição por Augustrad em 22 de jan de 2013 23:51:24
Realization: Adding new item mods right before you lose the ability to remove them without major testing is generally a bad idea. Don't get me wrong, I love GGG and I expect this to all work out miraculously in the end, but... It's just that... Chaos mods are part of life now. Something we had never even gotten to test and see how it would affect the masses and now it's here to stay.
Do all the "CI-nerf-haters" actually understand how overpowered CI was before? It was a straight 50% multiplicative bonus, i.e. it was a bonus on top of all the other bonuses.

Now let's convert a build that has 10,000 ES to 0.10:
1. cancel out CI: 10,000/1.5 = ~ 6,666.67
2. someone with 10k ES would probably have 350+ Int (~75% ES) and about 150% ES from the passive tree. (= 225%) Now let's take that out: 6,666.67/2.25 = ~ 2,962.96.
3. With discipline and the ES equipment nerfed we should end up with 2,500 base ES.
4. The patch notes say that the smaller ES nodes have been buffed. So let's just say we get 250% ES. We would get 2,500*2.5 = 6,250. (5,000 in case we just have a base of 2,000)

That is still pretty high and the higher level equipment might compensate a lot so that CI should still be very well viable in the endgame. Don't forget that characters in merciless have -60% chaos resistance. With CI you have full immunity, i.e. you have one more free slot on your equipment for other mods. With CI you can also use "Blood Rage", i.e. you have 3+ free frenzy charges.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of those calculations.
Última edição por Spacke em 22 de jan de 2013 23:53:08
Did you see me mention ANYTHING about hating the fact that they removed the ES%. NO.

Because I was in FAVOR of it

I wrote up a thread on it. Several actually.

So please, pay attention to what I was actually writing about, instead of going off rattling about the ES% more thing.

Unless GGG can, and is willing to, completely destroy ALL Chaos resist items. They fucked up.

Edit: And no, I dont have one more free slot on my equipment. Since, my gear could get chaos resist. It's just one more I can't USE
Última edição por SL4Y3R em 22 de jan de 2013 23:56:42
"
Spacke escreveu:
Do all the "CI-nerf-haters" actually understand how overpowered CI was before? It was a straight 50% multiplicative bonus, i.e. it was a bonus on top of all the other bonuses.

Don't forget they're always in the 'Full Life' state so CI characters can take advantage of another multiplicative boost from the Melee Damage on Full Life support.
i love how you guys have a careful and methodical approach to problems in the game and are able to explain your thought processes and reasoning to the community. nice communication and keep up the good work.
"
Blackguard escreveu:
"
Spacke escreveu:

Don't forget they're always in the 'Full Life' state so CI characters can take advantage of another multiplicative boost from the Melee Damage on Full Life support.

FFS. Yeah, because that's what they were balancing for. Melee with CI

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional