(1.0.5) TomCruisenOnYa's Infernal Blow FB Build (32k AoE DPS + 70% Block)

A few people ask me about my build frequently when I'm running maps so I decided to make this quick guide.

After seeing the same BoR+Aegis builds on the forums and in-game, I decided to switch it up and managed to get 15k+ more dps and will have max block when I hit 95ish, This build isn't "cheap", it cost me about 50 exalts or so because a 5/6 link chest is needed. It can run ANY map with any mods (not including boss kills).

Passive Tree
Bandits: Oak, Oak, Kill all
40 Points
60 Points
80 Points

Current level 89 with this skill tree, when I level up I will work my way into the scion melee physical damage nodes(next to the Path of the Warrior node) and then finally pick up the 3 shield block nodes which will make me max block with Tempest Shield
IB Marauder (Thanks to "YourGodIsALie" for informing me of 2 life node swaps for an extra 4% hp!)

Offensive Stats

Defensive Stats(with and without buffs)

Without buffs

With Molten Shell/6 Endurance Charges

Gear/Gems

No weapon will be used.
Gloves

4Link: Haste/Hatred/Tempest Shield/Reduced Mana

Helmet

4Link: Cwdt/Enduring Cry/Decoy Totem/Enfeeble

Chest

(5L will lose about 6-7k DPS)
5Link: Blood Magic/Infernal Blow/Melee Physical Damage/Multi Strike/Melee Splash
6Link: Blood Magic/Infernal Blow/Faster Attacks/Melee Physical Damage/Multi Strike/Melee Splash

Shield

Max them out at level 16
3Link: Molten Shell/Cwdt/Immortal Call

Belt

Boots

You can use Leap slam in the boots if you want, not a fan of that skill so I use these slots for a portal gem and to level empower/any other gems

Amulet/Rings

I use the rare amulet majority of the time, on certain maps/bosses I swap to the Unique for the spell block

Flasks

How to maximize your DPS

Got a few pm's in-game asking how I got such high dps when their gear is all similar... simple answer is gems. Make sure the three gems listed below are all 20q for maximum potential with them. (Cheaper to buy them instead of spending GCP's on them)

Faster Attacks - For every 1% Quality it gives +0.5% increased Attack Speed
Melee Physical Damage - For every 1% Quality it gives +0.5% increased Melee Physical Damage
Multistrike - For every 1% Quality it gives +0.5% increased Melee Physical Damage

Maps

On Elemental Reflect maps just change your infernal blow gem out with a level 1 Dominating Blow.

On Blood Magic maps just turn off all your auras except Tempest Shield(I recommend just rerolling the map though)

Rest should be a breeze, I personally run all 77/78 maps solo.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me ingame "TomCruisenOnYa", or leave a message here in the comment section.
Última edição por Army em 11 de jan de 2014 09:24:16
This is just awesome thanks for the guide!
No link to the paths?
"
wrcemt escreveu:
No link to the paths?

Like which nodes to pick at certain levels? I can do that if needed.
I think you're supposed to go marauder area, then get scion stuff, then templar stuff, then the last part is duelist stuff. He told me personally to get duelist stuff last.
Updated the guide.

Added 40/60/80 Skill point paths and a new spoiler that suggest which gems to get 20q for the added dps.
Thanks for this guide. I'm level 62 right now and have just over 20K DPS with the build with Hatred/Haste.

Of the support gems for infernal blow could you list the order in which they affect the damage output.
Good day.
Interested in gears...

is there any gear exept Facebreaker is absolutelly needed ? As Abyssys or Aurora or Bor and etc?
Última edição por 547506 em 6 de jan de 2014 16:39:53
"
547506 escreveu:
Good day.
Interested in gears...

is there any gear exept Facebreaker is absolutelly needed ? As Abyssys or Aurora or Bor and etc?

Only uniques actually "needed" are the Facebreakers, Aegis, and the Abyssus helmet. The rest are all preference. But, the Rainbowstrides and Meginord's belt is highly recommended. You can go without the boots and the unique ammy if you wanted to but some bosses will be impossible for you without the spell block. It's not necessarily a bad thing to skip some bosses though.
Última edição por Army em 7 de jan de 2014 05:58:57
"
christophenuss escreveu:
Thanks for this guide. I'm level 62 right now and have just over 20K DPS with the build with Hatred/Haste.

Of the support gems for infernal blow could you list the order in which they affect the damage output.

Multistrike adds about 12k dps at 20q/Level 20
Melee phys damage adds about 11k dps at 20q/Level 17
Faster attacks adds about 9k dps at 20q/Level 17

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional