Iron Reflexes + Leather and Steel

"
rac56tme escreveu:
If I have Iron Reflexes, do the passive skill nodes that give you +8% Armour and Evasion rating effectively give me 16% armour rating?

so, the answer on this question is: Yes
Spoiler
?

oh, wait..rather not .-. oh my fking god, thats hilarious..

The answer is only yes, if...armor and eveasion have the same value!!!?
Neurotypicals are the worst thing this planet ever experienced.
Última edição por Schinski em 15 de mar de 2013 23:11:02
"
Schinski escreveu:
"
Kacnafein escreveu:
For those still interested, i made a quick in game test (cost me a bit of refund points), and here are the results:

The way game calculates Evasion/Armor with Iron Reflexes is:

1. Get Evasion, apply all Evasion modifiers
2. Get Armor, apply all Armor modifiers
3. Convert all Evasion to Armor due to Iron Reflex trait.

So, getting Leather and Steel is kid of worth it, but nothing amazing (it wont give you twice the bonus for evasion).

Example:
You have 100 armor, 100 evasion.

Leather and steel gives you +24% to armor and +24% to evasion.
Before Iron Reflexes:
Your evasion will be 124
Your Armor will be 124
After Iron Reflexes:
Your Armor is 124 + 124 (from Evasion) = 248

If you would get Steel Skin (+30% armor) instead:
Before Iron Reflexes:
Your Evasion will be 100 (no bonus aplied)
Your Armor will be 130
After Iron Reflexes:
Your Armor is 130 + 100 (from evasion) = 230

So you need to figure out do you have more Armor or Evasion and go with the bonus that will profit you more.

I read the whole thread, and I think with this post here I got it..

I really know only few ppl who explain thing as complicated as mark.. x)

so e.g., if i have

0 armor
100 ev

-> leather and steel -> IR -> 124 armor in the end, right?

and..If i have ONLY ev gear and take IR, +%armor nodes have 0 effect, right?

Leather and Steel + Iron reflexes:

Total Armor = Modified Evasion + Armor

Armor = Base Armor*(1+Increased Armor + Leather and Steel)*(1+More Armor Bonuses)
Modified Evasion = Base Evasion*(1+Increased Evasion + Increased Armor + Leather and Steel)*(1+More Evasion Bonuses+More Armor Bonuses)

Armor and Evasion are still calculated separately then summed to produce a final armor value.

Basically full EV gear with IR produces the highest armor values in the game.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
hi

i still cant figure out if its rcommended to go for L+S, as a ranger with IR.
what are those movement penalties exactly? will they affect me after taking IR? can i eventualy get rid of em via L+S?
sry, but i dont have the currency to test all that out.
tnt IGN: GoldbergVariation
std IGN: SetPhasersToKill
"
kjou escreveu:
hi

i still cant figure out if its rcommended to go for L+S, as a ranger with IR.
what are those movement penalties exactly? will they affect me after taking IR? can i eventualy get rid of em via L+S?
sry, but i dont have the currency to test all that out.

Treat them like armour nodes, i.e. "+8% to Armour and Evasion" = "+8% to Armour".

You can see the implicit armour penalties (on chestpieces and shields) on the Items page of this website.
Última edição por Incompetent em 6 de jul de 2013 20:28:36
aye. so its more effective to get those +10% eva nodes. thnx for the tip with the items page.
tnt IGN: GoldbergVariation
std IGN: SetPhasersToKill
"
kjou escreveu:
aye. so its more effective to get those +10% eva nodes. thnx for the tip with the items page.

Only if you're wearing pure Eva gear. It's best to take Armour nodes, because then you have more of a free choice of gear to go with it.
Sucks to see so many nubs whining about this and its not the first time i've come across this on the forums. Leather and Steel, Cloth and Chain were meant and designed for those who use hybrid armors. Its a fact that hybrid armor is less beneficial in the long run as apposed to full armor or full ES etc so these nodes are there to compensate. They were not put there to double boost your armor as that would fuck armor values up.

If you were smart you would look at IR and say HMMM maybe i should stack Dex and go for the huge Dex nodes instead, conveniently located north east of the duelist area, also surrounded by life and mana regen nodes. You don't though, you come here and whine about that you spent 2 points on a 32% or 3 points on a 40% armor increase like that is somehow really awful.. gtfo.
"
Rusery escreveu:
Sucks to see so many nubs whining about this and its not the first time i've come across this on the forums. Leather and Steel, Cloth and Chain were meant and designed for those who use hybrid armors. Its a fact that hybrid armor is less beneficial in the long run as apposed to full armor or full ES etc so these nodes are there to compensate. They were not put there to double boost your armor as that would fuck armor values up.

If you were smart you would look at IR and say HMMM maybe i should stack Dex and go for the huge Dex nodes instead, conveniently located north east of the duelist area, also surrounded by life and mana regen nodes. You don't though, you come here and whine about that you spent 2 points on a 32% or 3 points on a 40% armor increase like that is somehow really awful.. gtfo.
If you think two multiplicative defenses are worse than one defense that's ~30% higher (on average) you are horribly misinformed.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Mark_GGG escreveu:
There is no "both"
Leather and steel applies one, and only one, modifier.
The value of the modifier is a 24% increase.
The modifier applies to evasion rating and armour.

It is not a 24% increase to evasion rating, and a separate 24% increase to armour.

It's "24% increased Evastion Rating and Armour". One bonus, with two things it can apply to.
Just like "10% increased elemental damage" applies to cold dmage, fire damage and lightning damage.

There is never any situation in the game where one bonus can be applied twice to the same value. When you convert cold damage to fire damage using the support, the elemental damage bonuses don't apply twice. The damage either is or isn't elemental.

If you have evasion, you total all increases to evasion rating. Leather and steel applies, because it affects evasion rating.
If you have armour, you total all increases to armour. Leather and steel applies, because it affects armour.
If you have evasion converted to armour, you total all increases which apply to either of those things. Leather and steel applies, so is included. It does not "apply twice", it's one bonus, and it's either applied or isn't.

It is a simple math guys:
think if your base armour is = X and evasion = Y, extra 24% on each = 1.24*X + 1.24*Y = 1.24* (X+Y) = which X+Y is the armor when you have IR on, so the total bonus will be your armour*1.24 because your armour has already been added with evasion value. so IT IS FAIR and CORRECT calculations!

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional