[1.1.2] Ultimate Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch / 21k dps x 5 (with a Video)

"
KuteKitteh escreveu:
Great build, working on an arc witch right now. I facetanked Dominus in cruel without dying, love the DPS and all. Also love the fact that I can just hold Q and watch everything die without me having to think about aiming and timing like on my flameblast build.

Thanks. I'm glad you like it.

"
I have a few, uh, gripes about missing quality-of-life points in the recommended tree. I've been trying to follow the recommended path but it's not completely efficient.

For one, I think that the first 40% mana regen node is pretty essential in early game, and it scales incredibly well with Clarity. Mana is extremely problematic on an early-game version of this build to the point where I even had to run mana leech (+penetration +life leech) on the arc. I also think that taking the +30str Might would really help with early game and lessen the necessity to find a +strength item for armor, and the +30 dex also helps with Arctic Armor/Haste. If I forsee further problems in getting decent str/dex items I might even grab myself one or two of the other +30s by Clear Mind until I can find decent stat items for this build. Those can be refunded later on anyways. It's also tough seeing Reduced Mana Reservation (by Bloodthirst) being skipped over, it's a swell node that's right on the path and it saves a bit of mana especially when running so many auras later on.

Also, the 25% crit next to the starting point really doesn't pay off until much much later; I would have gotten it around ~60 points.

Other than those few gripes in the tree, I think the build is great; I'm experiencing an excellent mix of DPS and tank and I thoroughly enjoy it. Can't wait to get a 6L body to get the power charge in and all.

Thanks for the feedback on the passives choices progression. I put it together rather quickly when I was already level 87 in response to a request in the thread. Also, I didn't want it to include passives that could be useful at some point (because of gear requirements, etc.) but aren't include in the final build. That would make the passives progression guide much morecomplicated and I trust players judgement for those calls. But I may do some adjustments and I'll probably add a note about using judgement about getting some useful passives and respeccing out of them later on.

Thanks again !
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
"
parallel escreveu:
Can you update with screenshots of offence/defence & tooltips?

I'll try to do that. Meanwhile, you can trust the numbers I put in the post though, they are up to date.

Btw, I'll also try to get my hands on a level 21 Arc gem as not only would it increase my dps a lot. It would also increase the number of targets from 5 to 6.
would a divinarius work well on this build?
"
alpancho escreveu:
would a divinarius work well on this build?

Yes, especially if you plan on using Storm Call for your 2nd skill (Spark being the other option). The only disadvantage of Divinarius is the lack of cast speed.
Última edição por Velkor em 15 de abr de 2014 10:04:02
but the dex of this build is just 14.should i put more dex nodes or just get those dex in the equipments?
"
alpancho escreveu:
but the dex of this build is just 14.should i put more dex nodes or just get those dex in the equipments?

Optimally, you should get dex from equipment. It might not be that easy at first though. So, you could temporarily get one or both of the 30 dex Notable to help you out. Another option is the Coordination Notable (20 dex, 3% cast speed) in the shadow starting area.
"
Velkor escreveu:
"
alpancho escreveu:

Optimally, you should get dex from equipment. It might not be that easy at first though. So, you could temporarily get one or both of the 30 dex Notable to help you out. Another option is the Coordination Notable (20 dex, 3% cast speed) in the shadow starting area.

guess I'll just get those +30 nodes first as I dont have good equipments yet.thanks man :) I like your build.it's fun to play and the arc looks cool :)
how big is your manapool ?
"
mopzi escreveu:
how big is your manapool ?

You can see how big is my mana pool in the video. About 3000 total mana but only ~400 available mana with auras.
Hi,

Great build, thank you. I'm having much fun with it.

I am only around lvl 60 now and my equipment is way sub-par yet but I am experimenting with the idea of using another arc on a totem for second skill.

Especially since they added more chaining to arcs I find it a very good support: fires simultaneously with you, solid DPS, spreads a lot of shock, distracts monsters (saved me with great many otherwise impossible Vaal bosses) and is elemental reflect immune which I think is the strongest pro. In addition, I keep it in Moonorrow for now and the blind it spreads is a nice touch as well.

I am but a noob so do you think it has potential / is it worth modifying the build towards it a bit?

Have a nice day.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional