[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

"
VenatorPoE escreveu:
My current setup is Temporal Chains, Elemental Weakness, Frenzy and EH Totem.

Elemental Weakness works much better than Projectile Weakness for me as things are at the moment.

Frenzy can be replaced for Elemental Hit; but I like having the extra 25% attack speed for my LA (it is really easy to maintain 5 charges up at all times). Elemental Hit would deal more damage than Frenzy; but it wouldn't augment LA. So to "fix" that problem, I use EH on a totem, instead of other methods (Bear Traps being the most common). This way I get the best of both worlds. Whenever I need any help on a single target, or some aggro relief, the EH totem is there. I also use it as a probe to check behind corners - if I cast it and it starts shooting, or gets rammed by a rhoa, it has served its purpose and I know what is up ahead.

have temporal chains, Elemental Proliferation, and enfeele sitting in my stash.

i'm merciless act2 about to face Vaal (with only 1900 hp, 1600 after auras) and i've never used curses.

does it save that much more time vs blues + rares? (i assume u dont use it vs trash mobs.)
takes about a sec to cast a curse. thats 3 volleys of lightning arrow.

or are curses more for maps and/or 6party?

Última edição por Pi314 em 12 de mar de 2013 18:19:49
Curses are incredibly useful for anything that you can not kill instantly with 1-2 barrages of LA - which should be most things unless youre incredibly well geared or farming the ledge 24/7 solo.

They really shine in group play when perhaps your allies do not have socket space for curses of their own.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Just wondering about a few things:

1. blood magic. Isn't it more prudent to just get more health (i have 232%) and like get the keystone? You can have that one more slot where you run (la+chain+lmp+loh+wed+faster attacks)?? like i know using auras take out a lot of health, but if u use reduced mana it shouldn't be that bad right?

2. about IRON reflex (is this even useful at all?). I mean should I use 3 extra points to get iron reflex?

3. if i had to choose between bloodmagic keystone vs iron reflex, which one would be better to go for?

any help guys?
"
Pi314 escreveu:
does it save that much more time vs blues + rares? (i assume u dont use it vs trash mobs.)
takes about a sec to cast a curse. thats 3 volleys of lightning arrow.

It takes less to cast a curse. Especially when you linked your curses up nicely (check Spoiler!). How helpful it is? Incredibly helpful. Huge difference.
Spoiler

"
bowen123 escreveu:
Just wondering about a few things:
1. blood magic keystone vs support gem
2/3. Iron Reflexes

I shortened your post; hope you don't mind.

1. Blood Magic keystone is perfectly viable; and as you can see, some of the suggested endgame builds still have it. You just have to skip % auras if you go for it, that's all really.

2/3. Iron Reflexes will give you a Ton of armour. Even if you don't use a single evasion item, you still get 2000 flat armour bonus from Grace, which then gets multiplied by all the armour bonuses you have (when I pop my flask with +100% armour during flask duration, that is doubled to 4000 armour, just from Grace). I don't see why you would have to pick between Iron Reflexes and Blood Magic. Pick them both up if you want! You have all the options you want open to you.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
speaking of armor..

going to visit Merciless Vaal with me at 1900hp (1600 w/auras) but 80% all resists (except chaos).

Are the chaos attacks by Vaals constructs considered spells or projectiles?
it'll help me decide to bring a chaos flask or a granite flask.
Última edição por Pi314 em 12 de mar de 2013 21:33:47
Just manually avoid the constructs' barrage; when they are summoned kill them ASAP.

Granite Flask = rocks falling from the ceiling
Quicksilver Flask = everything else - manual dodge
"
VenatorPoE escreveu:
Just manually avoid the constructs' barrage; when they are summoned kill them ASAP.

Granite Flask = rocks falling from the ceiling
Quicksilver Flask = everything else - manual dodge

thx.. with lvl 16 grace, my armor is 40% reduction from phys dmg
"
Pi314 escreveu:
thx.. with lvl 16 grace, my armor is 40% reduction from phys dmg

Don't rely purely on that though, because the 40% is merely an estimation, while in reality the bigger the hit, the more armour you need (to reduce 50% damage you need 12x more armour than the hit damage). The falling rocks can hit you for over 1k damage easily, and at 1600 HP you might find yourself dead before you can react. Absolutely keep a Granite flask up while the rocks are falling.
i'm at -60 chaos resit but i'm not suffering at all from darkscorn's damage taken as chaos because things simply don't get close enough to hit me. i use decoy totem and it works great with bow marauder as most dangerous things will get attracted to the totem as i fire away from a safe distance.

so how does that 25% of physical dmg converted to chaos work? does it stack with weapon elemental dmg?

would it be a good idea to have iron grip with the bow? as i understand from OP post, iron grip sucks with only weapon elemental dmg but how would that affect the 25% chaos dmg conversion?
With each hit you are damaging yourself for as much chaos damage you hit an enemy with. With the new LoH changes, I don't quite recommend using Darkscorn.

The Chaos damage does not get buffed by weapon elemental; as it is not elemental damage. It would scale from stuff like Iron Grip; but for this build that is irrelevant.

Overall; Darkscorn is a pretty bad bow. It is slow, it has no elemental mods, it has weak physical damage. Even an average Thicket bow would work much better than Darkscorn.

It is fun having it, but that's as far as its usefulness goes.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional