[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

Currently lvl 55 Marauder on HC, just farming ledge. So far I like your core build, but the end-game with dropping BM and taking reduced mana reserved for 3 extra auras... I mean you are a marauder and kicking few points into armor nodes will make up for determination aura, then having decent gear lategame with + armor + % armor gives you more armor than needed to go along with granite flask. Just you got so many free +8% life nodes lying around that it makes me think better get all of them and they will be way more usefull than going for those extra few % of max res on purity. LA+chain already has so much dps for running maps that I dont see a need to go much offence in ranger side. Just my opinion though.
IGN: Destafi
I think that is just a factor of Default vs HC league. You hit the point where you are doing more than enough damage and have enough HP to get buy well before you actually run out of skill points, and in HC you are always going to want to pile on extra Def/HP at that point, but in Default there is less deterrent to getting more DPS. I mean, on my level 76 one (following the build with the BM nodes, though finishing in duelist over ranger) I only have 2.1k hp after auras (grace/wrath/anger), and I have died 1 time since killing Merc Piety (extra fast cursed mob, and probably a little desync lol). Aside from a CI build, no one is going to run around A3 merc in HC with only 2k hp, but it really is entirely doable.

I am also leveling up an even more DPS focused build that will have slightly less HP and no IR but significantly more DPS. Assuming I don't find the sacrificed Def too big a loss and have to scrap it (he just got to Merc last night), I'll do a write up comparison once they get to pretty much the same level (maybe this weekend, probably next?).

Please don't take this the wrong way, but...

I feel that with the amount of changes that keep happening to this build you should add work in progress to the title.
"
Slamdancer escreveu:
Now i saw it :)

Thanks for pointing that out for me again. 2100 HP in HC is just not gonna happen in Merciless.

I am pretty sure you know how to play your class and your build.

I also think that Vitality is a nice, but with your HP pool, very overrated aura. I myself oneshot little mobs that do small damage (mitigated by armour in your example). Everything that can kill me is INSANE Burst which sincerely, Armor cant mitigate at all, neither can life regen. Only HP can.

I did the experiment and ran both sides of the build (Bloodmagic Gems + 6 Auras VS. Bloodmagic Keystone + 3 Auras) and have to say the latter performs worlds better, just because the auras you can add, except for Purity, have very small upsides to sacrificing a Gemslot in every socket and my main attack for it. The only DOWNSIDE for me by taking BM Keystone is the unavailability of % auras, i didnt see any others.

For me, personally, i will probably never switch back to BM Gems on all slots+6 Auras again.

I'm not here to argue with you, i just think the upsides of BM Keystone outweigh the upsides of the BM gems massively.

There is no need to explain my low HP pool or anything, so I'll get straight to the point.

You made me look deeper into this whole BM thing, and I gave it plenty of thought. I ended up finding that Projectile Weakness (instead of Elemental Weakness) actually solves the whole problem and actually improves on the whole thing, and that Chain isn't actually a necessity. So I am personally sticking with this. I was just a bit blind there, yet you made me look better, and it resulted in yet another improvement.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
ShadowyDream escreveu:
I think that is just a factor of Default vs HC league. You hit the point where you are doing more than enough damage and have enough HP to get buy well before you actually run out of skill points, and in HC you are always going to want to pile on extra Def/HP at that point, but in Default there is less deterrent to getting more DPS. I mean, on my level 76 one (following the build with the BM nodes, though finishing in duelist over ranger) I only have 2.1k hp after auras (grace/wrath/anger), and I have died 1 time since killing Merc Piety (extra fast cursed mob, and probably a little desync lol). Aside from a CI build, no one is going to run around A3 merc in HC with only 2k hp, but it really is entirely doable.

I am also leveling up an even more DPS focused build that will have slightly less HP and no IR but significantly more DPS. Assuming I don't find the sacrificed Def too big a loss and have to scrap it (he just got to Merc last night), I'll do a write up comparison once they get to pretty much the same level (maybe this weekend, probably next?).

I'm sadly in the same position as you; simply unable to play HC. That's why I went off and relaxed a bit, and picked up less HP nodes. I will probably have about the same HP as you on 75ish...
"
tribeca76 escreveu:

I feel that with the amount of changes that keep happening to this build you should add work in progress to the title.

I believe there is always improvement to be made on any build, and I will never say my build is complete and finished. If nothing else; an update will come by and change the passive tree, and I'm back at the start again. Either way; the build is not going backwards - it's rather evolving, and I like the way it is going. After all, the build I share has the purpose of shedding more light onto bow marauders for everyone interested, and not telling people to play it my way. Thank you for being honest, though.
"
VenatorPoE escreveu:
"
tribeca76 escreveu:

I believe there is always improvement to be made on any build, and I will never say my build is complete and finished. If nothing else; an update will come by and change the passive tree, and I'm back at the start again. Either way; the build is not going backwards - it's rather evolving, and I like the way it is going. After all, the build I share has the purpose of shedding more light onto bow marauders for everyone interested, and not telling people to play it my way. Thank you for being honest, though.

U r awesome :D
I am currently have mana problems.. i cant seem to have enough mana to activate all 6 auras. Im level 79 and i have all the talents as suggested without blood magic passive. I have all auras linked with reduce mana.. Most i could do is 5 auras with like 0 mana. My max mana is 600.. it seems as if i need gear with mana but you didnt specify you needed mana.
"
doubleDs escreveu:
I am currently have mana problems.. i cant seem to have enough mana to activate all 6 auras. Im level 79 and i have all the talents as suggested without blood magic passive. I have all auras linked with reduce mana.. Most i could do is 5 auras with like 0 mana. My max mana is 600.. it seems as if i need gear with mana but you didnt specify you needed mana.

Run a flat aura on blood.
"
Xendran escreveu:
"
doubleDs escreveu:

Run a flat aura on blood.

err.. i tried that right now and its not looking good.. blood magic gem multiplier is HUGE and A LOT.. of life is reserved.. from 3.6k down to 2.5k. too much???

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional