hello guys
Im a hardcore player now enjoying my flame totems in invasion
I start playing flame totem after I saw this post in reddit
Spoiler
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1wqhco/guide_dual_flame_totem_mf_scion_106/

And after rip twice in merciless for the 1st week, I took a break and came back few days ago
Now Im ~50 and my planned passive tree is like this
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAt9bYTdtZlKAtqNpisZBodIMJ-ehBh7c-_grGrojxPC01ksT2tfIn7W6qrKpKyHKpWfM_J_cyKhPAGipN6hhaK5BVZp4VIPjrLKenhPrSLOkUcaPyGjgdFDbp3Q2nMN-_7DiPRuNqW6_8xZ7NFCByuylPOtjQ0E4qZ6BVtVBHuc3kIoKbTdjPZSmlh3bBBBiRoW21BJ48jHZVxkp9Xz9dxoFvFm_jn_ZIRtcEsycvjM_tIBRN8B8Cce8OPfzhc6IAvJ9YY4uMpKzG2PIvSsRY5fau

I guess the biggest difference of my build is a lower regen and higher armour
like to know the difference for the 2.5% health regen

BTW I have a char in hc also running flame totem with EB/MOM/AA mana base
can show some stat if anyone is interested
from 80 - 100 should i use points for more Life or increase totem/fire damage ?
I would prefer more life/armor/chaos resist as the nodes don't add all too much damage but it's your choice.

Edit. Damage nodes
Última edição por Assmucus em 23 de mar de 2014 03:59:24
Hey assmucus (weird name btw. ;) ) really nice build just hit lvl 61 and soloed merc piety. Really smooth progression since lvl 31 and my first flame totem build.

Since this is my currency farm char to supplement my main char i wanted to make the movement speed a little bit faster. So in my opinion fire trap is not needed that much, i rarely use it at all so i switched for faster cast+lighntning warp+red. duration. When i get my endgame wand i like to switch to whirling blades+faster attacks+X.

Any opinion on the usefullness of fire trap? My gems are all lvl 15 right now but i find the damage from fire trap (1.3k) kind of lackluster with 1k dmg flame totems.

edit: and i came up with a follow up question regarding totem mechanics

Do we benefit if we use the Heartbreaker unique for culling? Say we have Heartbreaker and Wheel of the Stormsail in our weaponswap and switch to it right before we kill. Do our totems get the culling from heartbreaker and IIR from the wheel of the stormsail?
Última edição por shoty2k em 23 de mar de 2014 05:15:24
fire trap + q20 added lightning dmg is for shocking of single target. like bosses if you are farming dominus , u can change to whatever u want if you'r doing maps.

whirling blades dont work with wands.

yes heartbreaker culls if im not wrong , wheel of stormsail works too ( tried out myself )

and ASSMUCUS IS AWESOME #OMGWTFBBQCAT.
faster projectile can be replaced by iron will for better DPS. the 350+ strength of this build equates to 70+% increased spell damage.
yes you can, if u have a 6l and projectile speed on wands.
Now im level 70 and enjoying every aspect of this build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwFLQagC2EQzBQgFHEYkRmFGjgb-h0UIWAkqiXfJy8n7SoTK7YspzbpPC09D0CgQYdGaUd-SsRQR1W1VcZYr1nzWitfP2BLYSFkhGVNZp5odHKpdO108XgNeGl5aHrvffWE2YTvhymMRo9GkFWUoJ65ns2j8qQZpzCnhKvFrKq3PryfvorAGsEExBXE9sauz2XQ0NhN2mLfv-Lq42rjn-oY7w72rvcy-JP46_m9-ej60g==

Dps 1k per projectile.
Armor 1400
Life 2700
IIR 174%

thats good!
To the OP - very nice build and thanks.

To everyone including the OP doing maps level 68 and above:

I have read just about every post in this tread and the term "fast clearing" or doing anything fast, really does not apply to me and my character, but some of you seem to be saying that your character does a fast clear. Please be more specific in what the definition of a "Fast Clear" is.

My examples:

Once I get to Piety (approx 7 min killing everything in my path), she alone takes me 2-4 min to kill, most of my time is spent just catching her. I never get close to dying but she pops about a lot. By comparison, my Templar takes about the same amount of time to get to her, but will kill Piety in under 30 seconds from ding to dead, that to me is a fast kill.

Maps level 66-70 I clear everything, npc's/boxes/barrels all at not too much of a risk, but it is anything but a fast clear. (30 minutes typically)

I recently hit level 77 with your build.

5 link damage 1,387 (w/chaos) 987 w/o
127 IR w/o IR Gem - 180 IR w-IR Gem
3,360 life
1,973 Armor -- 725 Evasion
78% - 88% Fire
78% - 80% Cold
78% - 108% Lightning
-44% - Chaos
Str - 408
Dex - 110
Int - 209

I have taken 1 +30 dex and 1 +30 int nodes that I hope to be able to spec out of somewhere down the road.

I have the recommended gloves and boots (pretty good roll on the gloves), With those Windscream boots, my little cockroach runs like she has a load in her britches -3 run speed, pretty slow.

When solo, which is about 50% of my play time, I use Flammability & Elemental Weakness, in our four person group I add Enfeeble and take out EW due to it being covered by another. In our group, all family members we each have 125 - 180 IR.

I use Frost wall-Faster Casting-Increased Duration & Added Cold Damage as my go to skill. (Not sure how much the added cold damage is providing, it lists 39% added chill duration to enemies, couldn't think of any other gem to use) My frost wall lasts 4.2 sec, is 28 units long and I can build walls that are very impressive, completely blocking just about everything. (In many situations I will drop 2 flame totems, 2 walls, debuff's, flame totem - wall - totem - wall - totem) I throw in flammability & Elem Weak/Enfeeble as needed.

My 2 CWDT sets: w/molten shell - frost wall - End Cry & Im Call, great tools. My lightning warp w/red dur & faster cast is great as well.

I tried the trap thingie and really never saw any advantages over my frost wall. FW is a true life saver, I can just hold down my center mouse button and drag a complete circle around myself if I want or I can block a corridor or doorway forever, just sitting behind it allowing the totems do it's thing. I can place the totems in front of, behind or in the wall and any damage coming my way is minimal at best ----------------- --------- so far!

Very open to advice on what gear upgrades I should look for. Most of my gems are not quality and I am aware that I need to address them. Input on which gems to do first and why would be a big help as well.

* Current upgrade imo is a ring to replace the 12% IR - new ring would only need 11% cold & 10% fire and still be maxed resist. Hoping to find one with both and chaos and IR. I think if I get my chaos resist to +25% I will be in pretty good shape with all my resists then.

My Gear: Self found except for the 7c spent on boots.

I have followed the build closely and I have a ton of respec points available, so if you see something you recommend changing please let me know your thoughts, including why you recommend something, helps.

My Build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwCcQSzBS0GoAthEMwUIBRxGJEZhRo4Gmwb-iFgJKol3ycvJ-0pTyoTLKc26TwtQKBBh0ZpR35KxEz_UEdVtVivWOVZ81orXz9gS2EhZIRlTWaeaHRyqXTtdPF4DXloeu97IIKbhNmE74cpkFWUoJ65ns2iAKPypBmkrKcwp4Srxayqr2y3PryfvorAGsEExBXE9sWKxq7YTdpi37_i6uNq45_kIuoY7w7wH_Iv8932rvcy-JP46_m9-ej60v6H

Last question: Where is this new "Final" boss found, probably butchering her name Atziri or something like that.

Ishkabibble
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Última edição por Ishkabibble em 26 de mar de 2014 13:30:55

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional