[0.10.0] Build of the Week submissions

"
Skorpionkz escreveu:
How would you get 20 minions with this build? I'm sorry but not getting this.

There's no cap on how many you can dominating blow.
If you run through piles of enemies and just dominate left and right, you form a pretty amazing army.
"
pneuma escreveu:
"
Skorpionkz escreveu:

If you run through piles of enemies and just dominate left and right, you form a pretty amazing army.

Thanks. didn't know that there is no limit on dominating blow. Will nedd to give this a try with necro build :)
Última edição por Skorpionkz em 10 de fev de 2013 15:38:30
"
pneuma escreveu:
"
Skorpionkz escreveu:

Hmmm sounds really interesting, i should look a bit more into DB :)
(also a slight bump for this topic...)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
FleepQc escreveu:
Dominating Blow Build !
Nicely done.

Edited for stupidity.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Última edição por TehHammer em 11 de fev de 2013 16:12:19
Chaos Inoculation Tank (Cold Crit Witch/Shadow) build

The gist of the build:

This build was made to use CI, Ghost Reaver, and the big STR and DEX nodes close to the Witch tree to make it so you don't have to invest in HP, ES Recharge Rate, or Chaos Resistance while still being able to sit in the fray dealing respectable damage.

The main part of the build is the 5 link chest containing: Freezing Pulse, Increased Crit Damage, Mana Leech, Life Leech, and Faster Casting (Take this out in you just have a 4 link).

This allows you to cast a "Free" Freezing Pulse that recharges your ES.

Another essential 4 link is: Ice Spear, Faster Casting, Increased Crit Damage, and Greater/Lesser Multiple Projectiles.

Your last needed 3 link is: Clarity, Discipline, and Reduced Mana (if it's a 4 link, toss your curse, Frost Bite, in to save some mana)

You have high amounts of STR so you can level your Spell Totem, Reduced Mana, Life Leech, and Item Quantity liberally. You have have high levels of Dex so you can do the same for Greater/Lesser Multiple Projectiles, and Mana Leech.

Top open up your attack, you curse the group with Frostbite, spam your gmp linked Ice Spears at them until you're low on mana (Their high chance to crit at a long range should freeze some enemies in place), get in range then use Freezing Pulse to heal back any ES you lost while gaining mana to be able to use your Ice Spear nukes again. Rinse and repeat.

If things start going to crap, you can spam your Freezing Pulse to keep up with the damage being done to you (it has a nice chance to freeze the mobs in place to protect you as well as the ability to heal through damage if your DPS/ES is high enough.

Demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_637789&feature=iv&src_vid=e8C7XbFxAjQ&v=SDBBrawsv8o

Skill Tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4FQgdjDH0PxBB7EH8RLxFQFVAWvxdUHNwfAiKBJ6krCiycLKYsvy1HNsU3ZjeDO-FBlkLDRKtHBlBCVa5WSlcrXfJe-l9qbRlwUnDVfll_xoIQh9uIQot6jDaOPI-mj_qTJ5UEmZqeoaKjpuunCKcrrrOvm7Q4tMW297iTu9a-OsBUwQDBxcHzwuzDbcae1U_YJNsa2-fcx95334TfsOL35Rnmgeq662PsGPId8-r1S_v1_Ks=

Gear you want but don't need:

Rime Gaze (Unique Helmet)
Gems in this Item are Supported by Level 15 Concentrated Effect
10% Increased Cold Damage
+41 to Maximum Mana
103% Increased Energy Shield
50% Reduced Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery
"The intense hatred in her gaze could freeze blood and shatter bone."

Crit chance, cold damage, spell damage wands.
5 link chest piece(4 link is doable, just lose Faster Casting)

20 Str from something to make sure you can get to 6% Life Leech.
Could you make a video series of old 'Build of the Week' Builds and how/if they still work.

For example you take one build and show with how many skill points and what gear it is still possible to accomplish it even after all the changes.

I think those would be nice filler video since you don't have to look for new builds and it could shut up some people who say their build was ruined.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
You DB build is almost exactly the same as mine, except i went and nabbed minion instability and the minion damage node up there.

The problem i started running into was that my 20 or horde of mobs are kinda terrible at attacking. The build effectiveness varies greatly depending on the aggressiveness of the monsters you are fighting. Pretty much anything in act 3 is a killing machine. Most of the mobs in act 1 and say half of act 2 are near useless.

My DB mara is on hold atm cause i was finding that most of the time i was just a poor heavy strike mara with some friends around me to absorb hits.

I tried experimenting with Minion Speed to improve the minion aggressiveness but still overall found that i was doing 90% of the work with my own melee.

It's very fun to play though, but i'm redoing my build with a slighting different DB concept in mind.

PS: use a curse if you are having trouble with viability when you get a decent horde going, warlords mark shines through the dominate symbol pretty well.
bump, we havent had a BoTW in sooo much time
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"Death From Above" Firestorm/Summon Witch

Premise
The goal of this build is to use firestorm to kill everything, because I love the way the skill looks and feels (It is just so viscerally pleasing to see giant balls of fire fall from the sky).

The first complication of this skill is that it does some really random damage due to meteors possibly falling away from their intended target. I wanted to solve this problem by stacking multiple instances of firestorm on top of itself. In order to accomplish this, I stacked as much cast speed and skill duration as possible. In the end, I am able to cast firestorms almost twice a second, and they last over 2.6 seconds, allowing me to stack 4-5 casts on top of each other - dealing massive damage.

The second complication of this skill is that it can be hard (Read: Impossible) to aim against moving monsters. In order to get monsters to stay still I tried several things (Ice Wall for example), but ended up deciding on summons. I utilize zombies, and skeletons supported by a spell totem gem to keep my enemies in one spot while I pelt them with fiery death. I aim my summon passives towards more life and additional minions, disregarding any damage passives as summons are not intended to be a primary source of damage in this build.

Implementation
Firestorm =>
Increased Duration
Fire Penetration
Faster Casting

Purity + Discipline + Clarity =>
Reduced Mana

Summon Zombie =>
Minion Life
Minion Damage
Faster Attacks

Summon Skeletons =>
Minion Life
Spell Totem

Flammability =>
Increased Area of Effect

Future Plans
1) My next two levels will go toward getting another +30 Strength node because so I can level my Red gems further without keeping Str on gear. When I get even higher level, I will spend another 3 points I will grab another 2 +10% Minion Life Nodes, and +1 Max Minions. From there, more mana regen.

2) I would like to get a 6 linked socket piece in order to support Firestorm with "Increased Quantity" and another damage amplifier of some sort.

3) Find something useful to do with my remaining gem slots. This probably needs to be something that has a lasting effect, as any time I spend not casting Firestorm has to match Firestorm's DPS. Maybe more auras/buffs. Perhaps a fully supported single target spell.
I have a fire trapper im working on. HEs still not complete though or i would submut XD
Smoother than Smooth.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional