[0.10.0] Build of the Week submissions

"
Wooser69 escreveu:
The build deals nothing but elemental damage without using spells and could likely be the biggest abuser of life gain on hit ever. The downside of the build is still very obvious - its need for more and more mana. I imagine even with a mana leech gem stuck on there I'll need to use a full belt of hybrid and mana flasks.

Or you could get Blood Magic (either the keystone or the support) and milk Life Gain on Hit for all it's worth.

Plus, don't forget there are plenty of reduced mana cost nodes near the Templar if you need to keep the costs down. (They still work if you run on life instead of mana, incidentally.)

Cool concept either way!
Última edição por Incompetent em 21 de fev de 2013 08:32:14
"
kapitankapusta escreveu:
Thats my bread and butter skill if I encounter a huge pack of enemies. I use a lmp+pierce combo because pierce only downside is a 10% mana usage increase while offering a 50%+ chance to pierce trough enemies and stack those arrows.

The arrow is the bit that explodes with EA. A Piercing/Forking/Chaining hit does not apply a Fuse Charge. Just making sure you're aware :)
"
Vipermagi escreveu:
"
kapitankapusta escreveu:
Thats my bread and butter skill if I encounter a huge pack of enemies. I use a lmp+pierce combo because pierce only downside is a 10% mana usage increase while offering a 50%+ chance to pierce trough enemies and stack those arrows.

The arrow is the bit that explodes with EA. A Piercing/Forking/Chaining hit does not apply a Fuse Charge. Just making sure you're aware :)

oh yes I do know that I guess my explanation was off. I actually ment "stacking" fuse charges on mobs in the 2nd/3rd row while the arrows go trough the 1st row. That way the explosion is somewhat spread.

Thx for pointing that out :D
Última edição por kapitankapusta em 21 de fev de 2013 12:11:24
IGN: IlyichTchaikovsky, currently level 67, default league.

Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7bPtSMF5nw

That's a Pain Attunement witch. Recently I've seen a topic about the most useless passive, well Pain Attunement has won... So I decided to make an approach on this 'useless' passive. Here's what I got:

Passive tree:

Passive skill tree build

Notable Points:
Zealot's Oath
Pain Attunement
2x AoE clusters
2x Body and Soul

I'm thinking about getting more life, more ES, more mana, more cast speed or more spell damage. Not sure which one will I Pick :). I might also get added lightning damage gem with my spells and 20% chance to shock, that would for sure be brutal.

Now my items:

Spoiler

So i'm using 3 unique Items and running maps with them all the time. It's really fun to have 100% increased rarity of items found, 6% ES regen per sec and 100% increased damage, just thanks to being on low life. Thank you Pain Attunement keystone! Obviously, there is a great synergy between my 2 keystones and those 3 uniques. This is what 'makes' this build.

I'd like to have a wand instead of redbeak, but seeing that good wands go for 1 exalt or more, all I can say is "no, thank you". I'd rather wait for a drop, just like with my armor and circlet.

Now the playstyle:

Main attack is Fireball with passives: Concentrated effect, Faster Casting, Lesser Multiple Projectiles.

For mobs resistant to fire I use Arctic Breath with the same support gems. I could have both of those skills in 1 piece of gear if I only had a 5L, sadly I can't afford any right now :P.

Also I have to add that Concentrated Effect +50% damage and +20% AoE damage from passive skill tree is not included in the Fireball DPS, since it's a spell that's a projectile and AoE at the same time. So it means that if fireball pierced, it would deal the tooltip DPS, but after the explosion the +50% and +20% damage is counted in.

Molten Shell with increased area of effect, faster casting and Iron Will. Those are not the best supports I could use with Molten shell, but they work pretty well for now and I don't want to waste any orbs on my current gloves which are rather bad. When I find or buy gloves with +chaos resist, then I will think about best supports for Molten Shell.

Firestorm Totem with blind - I use that for bosses mostly, with support gems blind, concentrated effect, spell totem. With so many projectiles falling from 1 cast of firestorm, it is guaranteed that boss will be blinded for a full duration of the totem, since each projectile has a separate chance of blinding - Lol at map Brutus -> So big hammer, misses all the time.

Curse - Elemental Weakness - for bosses, Projectile Weakness for packs of mobs
Auras: - Vitality, Clarity, Discipline.

The char is still in the early stage, items needs improvement, but I already can do maps just fine. To do high level maps I think I will need at least 3500 max life to be able to survive chaos damage. 3500 life would give me 1225 health, maybe that would be enough...

Stats:
2900 health, 1000 after reserving
2700 energy shield
230 ES regen per second (8%)
Resists: 75, 75, 75, 20.
Última edição por Pivu em 21 de fev de 2013 19:39:46
Character: ktbanh
Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9uzhXhP5qs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GhP_rDgAH8
level: 80
Mode: Hardcore (alive)

guide and build submission link:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/114073

(let me know if i'm missing anything or illegible)
Última edição por ktbanh em 22 de fev de 2013 13:57:57
Deserves a bump.

As noted earlier, sticky would be nice too (so it doesn't keep getting buried).
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
St. ELMO's Fire

It can be foung on this page:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/87893/page/5/#p1097236

I edited my build a bit after some experimentation. You can check it out again if needed. More vids have been added skills updated a bit and gear has been updated.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
"
Incompetent escreveu:
"
Wooser69 escreveu:
The build deals nothing but elemental damage without using spells and could likely be the biggest abuser of life gain on hit ever. The downside of the build is still very obvious - its need for more and more mana. I imagine even with a mana leech gem stuck on there I'll need to use a full belt of hybrid and mana flasks.

Or you could get Blood Magic (either the keystone or the support) and milk Life Gain on Hit for all it's worth.

Plus, don't forget there are plenty of reduced mana cost nodes near the Templar if you need to keep the costs down. (They still work if you run on life instead of mana, incidentally.)

Cool concept either way!

The build needs a very high regen and using mana is more flexible, in case I end up running out of health pots to fuel the high drain and end up dead. With clarity and stacked mana regen I've got 100 mana/s, while each attack is costing around 40 mana and I can get around 5/6 a second. I still need mana pots, but not more than 2. As for passives it'd be better to go for mana passives in the centre of the tree, as the overall cut from a % reduction wont be significant as a regen and buffer increase.

Elemental damage with weapons is also a lot easier to stack than physical increases and with it being the entirely of my damage, I'm able to get things pretty high! Still no idea what the DPS is though thanks to the randomness and lack of a tooltip, as well as fluctuations in attack speed.

Overall it's turning out to be a good build and I just got my hands on a 5L armour so I can get LOH. As an aside, quill rain with faster attacks gem, frenzy charges and haste looks ridiculous. I'm almost starting to think that the server isn't able to keep up with how many attacks are being done.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
I'd like to submit a character for a second build of the week (and possibly be the second build of the week to be nerfed :P)

This is my cast marauder that use elemental proliferation with shock nova to spread shock and kill everything with a single fireball cast that proliferate burn to everything nearby.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEBwSzDjwSaRQgFE0UcRSwFm8XHBkuGYUaOBpsHwIkqiftKU82xTbYNuk5UjowOlI8BT1fRtdObVBHUFBSU1RJVcZXDVgHWGNZ813GXz9nvXF5gpuDOIdliBuLjIzPj0aQVZeVl_SboZwtna6ezZ_fogCnCKcwp4SsmKyqtQS53bw3wBrG2M9l0NDSIdSP2CTZYd-_4XPjauQi51LsOOxV7SDub-8O73zwH_Fs8i_z3fTp9kj31w==

The build is fairly simple, get easily available life, get blood magic and pretty much everything that gives significant damage. The interesting part comes from running a second curse (flammability and elemental weakness) to reduce pretty much any monster fire resistance to 0. The second thing that's worth mentioning is the focus on increased area of effect passives. Not only do they boost the damage of my two skills, they also increases the range of all my spells. It allows for very big curse radius, very big proliferation radius, multiple point of ignition for a fireball and a considerably bigger shock nova (which helps staying alive a lot!). The shock cluster is also fairly unusual to a burn build but it proved to be extremely valuable.

This is the gear I use:
Spoiler

The weapon is a fairly standard searing touch staff since it works marvelously with fire damage and burn damage especially.

The cloak is a very big survivability increase despite not having any life on it as it effectively mitigate 16% of any physical I take and change another 4% to fire damage. This has for effect of significantly increasing the relative value of my armour (stat). The fire resistance is very nice for that effect and to deal with elemental reflection auras. The burn duration allows to have much longer patch of fire burning and killing anything that comes towards me. Finally, the 10% chance to ignite brings my ignite chance to 96% when the monsters are cursed.

The helm is simply a helm with high life and needed resists, nothing spectacular.

The gloves are pretty much in the same situation as the helm except that it has the added benefit of having 35 strength. Strength that boost the damage of both shock nova and fireball due to these skills having Iron Will linked. The extra rarity is a sweet bonus :)

The belt is a standard life and resist belt

The boots have 30% movement speed, which is very useful to back off and cast shock nova to shock stuff that got in the dead range of shock nova. Rest of the stats is there to complement my life and iron will.

Both rings and amulet are also itemized towards life, spell damage and resistances.

One thing worth nothing is that I do not value faster cast speed (I didn't even take the faster casting reward in cruel) as cast speed does not affect burn damage at all.

For the links, the staff currently has fireball, iron will, chance to ignite and elemental proliferation linked together to bring the damage up, make it have a nearly guaranteed ignition and to have it apply to all nearby enemies. It temporary have flammability in it to take advantage of the +2 fire skill bonus and elemental weakness (for no particular reason). Ideally, I'd have concentrated area of effect and increased area of effect has my 6L weapon. This would give roughly 70% more damage and increase my aoe radius by 10%~. Note that quality is extremely important on fireball and chance to ignite for this build to work. I have 96% chance to ignite and 109% increased burn duration (makes my burn last 8,36 seconds).

Shock nova is supported by added lightning damage, elemental proliferation and iron will. The idea here is to maximize 3 things. The shock chance, the shock duration and the shock nova's damage. I tried to do this with arc and spark but I found shock nova to be the most reliable skill to apply elemental proliferation to as many targets as possible for the longest time possible. Unlike the 2 previous spells, it has an unlimited amount of targets, isn't random, has a much higher base damage, has a better quality bonus and a 100% damage coefficient. The coefficient is a big deal when you add a gem like added lightning damage, which would otherwise lose 50% of it's damage value in spark or arc. The Iron Will is to increase the duration and odds that I have a shock. The elemental proliferation is there to spread the shock. Here again, the quality on the gems are vital to the skill. Shock nova gains 30% chance to shock AND 60% shock duration, it is an insane quality bonus effect. Added lightning damage works in the same way by adding 10% chance to shock and 20% shock duration. Elemental proliferation also add a 15% shock duration. When counting my passives and the quality bonuses, I have 155% shock duration and 60% chance to shock with lightning damage. This means that to do 0,39% of the monster life to be able to get a shock stack for it's minimal duration. a shock nova that deals 10% of the hp of a monster will shock him for 7038 ms (7,038 seconds). This is huge.

If you played diablo 2 back when cow runs were the best xp source, this build play similarly to that. I try to bring herds of monsters together and slam them with flammability (elemental weakness is also cast if there's rare(s) or magic monsters, do one shock nova and one fireball and watch everything burn. It's extremely simple to play and extremely destructive.

Thanks for reading!
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Última edição por faerwin em 24 de fev de 2013 02:15:30
"
Elemental proliferation also add a 15% chance to shock.

Actually it adds to duration on all of these status effects. For my build, I put my quality proliferation on my fireball because I am doing about the same thing as you but I didn't really buff fire damage that much and don't have any duration otherwise. I don't think I have enough crit to make fireball really worthwhile and am thinking about dropping fireball sometimes to run two sets of shock novas (inner/outer rings).

I agree that quality on shock nova is important, but I am thinking about respec'ing out of the 10% chance to shock node after static blows because I feel like I have enough shock to easily get long stacks. Since I nova more, it is getting re-applied more often anyhow.

Since I don't really use fireball that much, I almost wish I didn't have quality so it was easier to tell when a burn is from crit too. It is really cool seeing a whole area get set on fire and burn to death. I run molten shell and block nodes with Increased AOE/Conc. Effect, but I tried proliferation and chance to ignite and it is pretty good too. It is a tradeoff between more damage now or slower with burning in a bigger area and usually I just want mobs off me and the nova is handling everything outside.

My build also uses some ideas the same as Invalesco's (ZO & endurance charges) but was actually inspired by these videos #5/6, the tanky tempest shield and blood magic witch. I can't seem to come up with much chaos resist to even consider doing anything with on low life. The little group I play with has gotten good at controlling map bosses life so I can score a hit with IIR/IIQ and I do a gear swap. I want to get Wondertrap and reserve life to just come in for the kill with another 100% rarity.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional