Final attempt to get some answers.

Yes this is about the change to smoke mine. I will not go into depth about why the change was bad, as I am sure devs have read the posts about it already.

I, and many others are still waiting for answers as to why exactly the change was needed.
So far there are only speculations about the change was due to Evangelist + smoke mine to do Atziri, but the change to Evangelist's already made it too unreliable to use against Atziri in Invasion.

Smoke mine as many already know, was primarily used to make minions follow when stuck, or out of sync. This is a GOOD thing. It is nothing imbalanced or overpowered about it. It simply removed all frustration when playing, and compensated for lack of minion AI. Smoke mine made summoners work as intended.

I can not understand the reasoning behind changing this skill, and all I ask for is a response as to why it was changed, and if there will be a different option to better control minions in the future. You simply can't leave players in the dark, when a change this drastic, for no apparent reason is introduced. I for one though the change to Evangelists was enough to solve the problem with the Atziri fight. The change to smoke mine was totally uncalled for, and affected everyone that never even though about doing Atziri, but just want to have some fun doing maps.

I will not let this go until answers are given. I love the game, more specifically I love the summoner. I can't enjoy the game while watching half of my minions get stuck all the time.

At least let us know if you got the message, even if you don't want to provide a reason behind the change. Don't leave us in the dark. It makes it look like you don't care, and it in return makes me more frustrated.
Este post foi automaticamente arquivado. As respostas foram desabilitadas.
Each skill is classified by "offense" "defense" and "utility". Smoke mine was envisioned as a defensive/utility skill, and summoners were using it as an offensive skill, which was never the intention.
"
Shagsbeard escreveu:
Each skill is classified by "offense" "defense" and "utility". Smoke mine was envisioned as a defensive/utility skill, and summoners were using it as an offensive skill, which was never the intention.

If you mean we used it offensive because we could use all minions in a fight, then sure.
But are you then saying summoners were never meant to use all minions in a fight?

This is just speculation from you. I don't need speculation. I need official word for someone at GGG.

"
Shagsbeard escreveu:

This is why you can tell GGG is an amateur company making their first label. Divergent gameplay is fun. It's good to see people come up with new ways to meta the use of different skills, or use game mechanics (even buggy ones) to make for a better experience. As long as it doesn't break the game, then they should simply keep it in and give kudos to whoever discovered and took advantage of it.
+1 for some type of GGG response. I was having SO MUCH FUN playing my summoner and now it is like pulling teeth. I miss playing her. I have always been a summoner player in all ARPG's and nothing else seems to fit well.

Yes people used to not use smoke mine, but that is because we used BM's and built everything super tanky with resists/life. BM's did enough damage and were semi "smart" enough to stay with us. Lately, it does seem like minions follow our casting a lot better, but in general they "hangout" and hover much further behind the summoner. with BM's the playstyle was clunky but somehow worked with the minion AI. RIght now it just feels so clunky.
Yes I would love GGG response to this. These recent nerfs have been very prematurely implemented. Taking out core part of the game without substituting something else in it's place to keep game from stumbling and tumbling.
Demanding answers won't get you any.
"
Terrornoid escreveu:

I'm asking for answers. I'm even saying if they can't give me an answer, at least let me know they got the message.

At no point am I demanding anything.

Do you think I'm asking for too much? I sure don't.
"
"
Terrornoid escreveu:

I'm asking for answers. I'm even saying if they can't give me an answer, at least let me know they got the message.

At no point am I demanding anything.

Do you think I'm asking for too much? I sure don't.

What makes you think you are so special they should SPECIFICALLY take time to address your thread? What is so special in this case? There are a billion threads here. Why does yours deserve the "okay saw it?"

Edit: GGG officially hates me.
||
||
\/
Última edição por Terrornoid em 9 de abr de 2014 23:51:55
There's a currently planned upcoming skill that performs a similar function (untrapping minions), but in a much more balanced way.

It's likely to be in the next content patch, 1.1.3.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Última edição por Chris em 9 de abr de 2014 23:29:16

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional