Final attempt to get some answers.

As sarcastic as that is, it might work like this:

Level 1 - Ports 3 minions at a time
Level 2 - Ports 6 minions at a time
Level 3 - Ports 9 minions at a time
Level 4 - Ports 12 minions at a time
This would however be an unnecessary time-sink to level up and a currency-sink, as instead of being treated like a fix for the broken minion AI, it would be treated like fully leveled Empower almost with a heavy undertone of "Pay to win" or "Pay to play normally" if we were forced to find/buy the Gem.

OR

It could be simply a white Skill gem that ports 3 minions per cast, and has a fast curse-like cast rate (say 2.0?). That would prevent ganging up on bosses in just one click (assuming that was the primary reason SM was nerfed?), but would allow summoners to reposition minions in few quick casts.

Additionally, it would be nice if GGG would add a "Summoner only" quest in Act 1/Normal with the Skill gem as a reward, because again if we rely on finding it as a drop, players will be overcharging/overpaying for something that is a fix for the broken minion AI and not an actual Skill Gem.
IGN: Bootfish, Bootcharge, Krux ☆ PoE YouTube Channel: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
2.0 Uber Atziri Video guide for "Mjolner Armor Life MoM/EB": http://tinyurl.com/malmomeb
2.0 Videos: 82 Core ☆ Uber Atziri: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
Build guide thread: http://tinyurl.com/liferainbownuke
Última edição por Krux em 10 de abr de 2014 12:49:17
I hope it just sets a marker where minions will start moving to, not "teleport instantly"
"
almostdead escreveu:
I hope it just sets a marker where minions will start moving to, not "teleport instantly"

They do that already. Cast some spell on the ground and they'll go (and stay) there. Unless they decide not to ofc.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Hi

Perhaps it will be a totem that rallies minions or warcry( lets make it red gem lol)?

Now on to important matters, why does Smoke mine(cheap ass wannabe phase run skill) suck so bloody much?

I have written a number of times about the LOS issue with smoke mine and how a simple red screen on the SM icon would allow players to know when they are out of range or cannot use it, FUCKING SIMPLE but noooooo GGG has to be like summoners need a minion rallying skill because we can't add 2 simple commands for summoners: offensive( minions wander attack stuff), defensive(minions stay close and do not attack unless monster get close).

So GGG how about a knee jerk response also to adding that little feature to smoke mine, hmm?

OOOh and lets not forget about snapshotting...wheres the instant knee jerk response? People been pounding that spot for awhile now-NO RESPONSE-

Can't wait for whomever does the balance/nerfing realizes the bigger picture and understands that to do this to one thing inevitably has a domino effect.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Finkenstein escreveu:
GGG has to be like summoners need a minion rallying skill because we can't add 2 simple commands for summoners: offensive( minions wander attack stuff), defensive(minions stay close and do not attack unless monster get close).

It's not as simple as having an Offensive (attack) and Defensive (stay) command. See, minions get simply stuck, lost, out of sync, wander off etc causing you to effectively lose one or more minions in a fight which is bloody terrible, or even worse they would die while stuck from mob attacks without even defending themselves, then you must waste a portal (if you're mapping) to resummon them, and in any of these situation a Attack/Stay command won't unstuck them because of the minion AI pathing. So this not a matter of balance by adding more Active Skills and what have you, this is a problem with minion AI. And the minion AI probably isn't something that is easily fixable, so a workaround is a Skill gem which teleports minions to a player and literally acts as a all-round (easy for GGG) fix to unstuck/reposition/move/stay minions. If anything, summoners will have to waste a gem slot for something that was supposed to be built in the game itself. So I don't see how this can have a domino effect, as it's not really a balancing patch, but a fix to enable us to move.
IGN: Bootfish, Bootcharge, Krux ☆ PoE YouTube Channel: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
2.0 Uber Atziri Video guide for "Mjolner Armor Life MoM/EB": http://tinyurl.com/malmomeb
2.0 Videos: 82 Core ☆ Uber Atziri: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
Build guide thread: http://tinyurl.com/liferainbownuke
Última edição por Krux em 10 de abr de 2014 14:02:09
"
FapMax escreveu:
Spoiler

Ow. My epilepsy.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
"
Chris escreveu:
There's a currently planned upcoming skill that performs a similar function (untrapping minions), but in a much more balanced way.

It's likely to be in the next content patch, 1.1.3.

Genuine criticism: Delay the "nerf" until the "remedy" is ready for deployment. Doing otherwise, and willfully allowing a period of unrest, is no different to willfully encouraging unnecessary QQ. Though I am but one player, and my voice ultimately insignificant, this is (part of) my one criticism towards you as the stewards of our entertainment. I can see a lot of the legitimate complaints against you boiling down to "you did this to yourself." Unless there is something important behind the scenes which is more significant than player satisfaction, then I suggest there is a better way. Please stop willfully encouraging discontent.

<3, Pants
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Smoke Mine shouldn't care about line-of-sight. At all. As long as the mine still exists (it's possible to be destroyed), detonating it should take you there.

I actually think the idea of a minion rallying totem might be cool, although I kind of doubt this is the plan GGG has for the minion rallying skill currently in development. I think one change which would actually be a considerable benefit is changing Rejuvenation Totem so that your minions are "junkies," immediately moving to within range when the totem is cast and only considering actions which would not place them outside that radius while the totem is still up. This could allow a decent amount of "soft" minion control, allowing summoners to essentially create "shrines" of minion density which they can then alter by recasting the totem.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB escreveu:
Smoke Mine shouldn't care about line-of-sight. At all. As long as the mine still exists (it's possible to be destroyed), detonating it should take you there.

I actually think the idea of a minion rallying totem might be cool, although I kind of doubt this is the plan GGG has for the minion rallying skill currently in development. I think one change which would actually be a considerable benefit is changing Rejuvenation Totem so that your minions are "junkies," immediately moving to within range when the totem is cast and only considering actions which would not place them outside that radius while the totem is still up. This could allow a decent amount of "soft" minion control, allowing summoners to essentially create "shrines" of minion density which they can then alter by recasting the totem.

Or a support gem that would have the same function and could be linked to any totem.
ign: ecogen
Última edição por ecogen em 10 de abr de 2014 14:52:06
I think some are missing the point about why such a skill is needed in the first place.

While I agree it would be cool to have a rallying totem of sorts, it would not work because of the issue needing the skill in the first place. If I place this totem in the next room, why would that make my minions go there when they can't follow through doors as it is now?

The only solution for this is to make minions teleport to you. Any other fix, will still leave minions OOS, and get stuck.

The way I see it, there needs to be implemented a skill that teleports, much like SM did. Also, it wouldn't be fair towards players if the new skill gem was a support gem that you link with, say lightning warp. (I like that idea by the way). But I can see many will think it be unfair, seeing this is already skill to workaround the minion AI. It shouldn't be necessary to have the skill in the game in the first place, so making players have to use more gems in order for the build to work is not an option as I see it. So I predict this will not be a support gem.

It would have to be a single gem to teleport minions either to the player or where you select on the ground. Again, teleporting minions at will around the room without putting the player at risk by going there first, I see as overpowered, and will most likely not be the case.

I think it's safe to say this will be a skill much like SM, but without the additional effects. I can also see this having a CD of about 5 sec to avoid the evangelist spam combo, which was a bit insane I admit.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional