GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
Anelit escreveu:
Good riddance. a SFL would be a terrible thing for the game. Dividing the playerbase further.

playing selffound is already completely viable, unless you enforce artificial progression speed on yourself which isnt necessary. You dont need to drop so much stuff that you progress alot on a daily basis.

Lets be honest, most people just use the SFL argument to get a league with much more loot dropping.

And thanks for not caving in GGG.

I vote (x) NO on SFL.

I hate to be the one to break it to you but when the custom leagues are available the player base is going to be very very divided.

And you've got much first hand experience of this self found thing.or will I find the majority of your posts reside in the trade forums ?

Let's be honest,playing self found regardless of a league for it or not in POE is unsatisfying on many levels and if you enjoy banging your head on trivial content for eternity than yes ... it might just be *viable*.

=P
Última edição por Temper em 27 de abr de 2014 15:01:00
"
Temper escreveu:
"
Anelit escreveu:
Good riddance. a SFL would be a terrible thing for the game. Dividing the playerbase further.

playing selffound is already completely viable, unless you enforce artificial progression speed on yourself which isnt necessary. You dont need to drop so much stuff that you progress alot on a daily basis.

Lets be honest, most people just use the SFL argument to get a league with much more loot dropping.

I vote (x) NO on SFL.

I hate to be the one to break it to you but when the custom leagues are available the player base is going to be very very divided.

And you've got much first hand experience of this self found thing.or will I find the majority of your posts reside in the trade forums ?

Let's be honest,playing self found regardless of a league for it or not in POE is far satisfying on many levels and if you enjoy banging your head on trivial content for eternity than yes ... it might just be *viable*.

=P

You dont even know how the custom leagues will work. Maybe you cant even make a SFL league, maybe they last for a week or so.
"
"
PoorJoy escreveu:
"
"I just want super duper special loot to drop from the sky."

I would have so much more respect for these pro-SFL posts if at the very least they were open and honest about where they are coming from with their arguments.

There is literally not a single valid reason period for having a permanent SFL. Not a single swaying post ever made on the subject.

So again... come clean and save yourself some face here: "I just want super duper loot to drop from the sky."

Man up.

;)

no hehe i just dont want to deal with the retarded people in trade channels no more. your post is a perfect example what is going on there period

#rekt is a bit of an understatement here

i think #fukt would work better

Context. -_-

This was a parody post pointing out that one could simply substitute "pro-SFL" for "anti-SFL" and it remains the same mud slinging useless post that contributed nothing to the conversation. It had nothing to do how I feel about a SFL or SFL supporters.
Noblesse oblige
"
SaiyanZ escreveu:
"
TheAnuhart escreveu:

It makes perfect sense.
It's exactly the same as a HC mode character not playing by HC mode rules would not be a true HC mode player.

Both examples require the player to self impose rules. You see issues with one but not the other.

Again, I'll point out that I don't think SFL is the answer, I'm happy self-imposing SF rules, as I would be imposing HC mode rules if I wanted to play that way.
The problems associated with playing SF currently are not with those self imposed rules but with the pyramid economy and gates that require trading.

It's really funny, the whole SFL debate starts with flawed reasons to not have SFL when there are valid reasons. Those flawed reasons are countered with HC examples, we then see the HC example countered with points that could be applied to the original SF example. What's funny, is that the SF reason is flawed to begin with, more so than the HC example.

No, if a player trades then they are not playing SF. There is no such thing as true SF or not. It is black or white, no in-between.

SF self imposed rule is easy to follow by a player.
HC self imposed rule is almost impossible to follow by a player. Who is going to delete their items and characters permanently in a game about finding items? Nobody would do this and HC would not exist.

I'm not sure what you mean by there being no true self found.There definitely is a true self found player,I know at least one (myself). =P

You do realize some of us did this sort of thing before hardcore was a standard game option like in many of todays games ?

Hardcore players have always existed,long before it was neatly presented by developers as an in game option,as was manmode and dead is dead,which were all played by the hardcore players.
"
ScrotieMcB escreveu:
My personal belief is that solo mapping — assuming done over a long enough span to essentially render luck not a factor — is currently sustainable in Standard, but barely. By "barely" I mean that you have to play the map management game perfectly pretty much all the time, and making any type of mistake — burning too much currency on a map, or not burning enough — will set you back. I guess one way of looking at it is saying that the perfectly skilled wouldn't have problems with solo map sustainment, but a normal human being would. This leads to a very frustrating situation when one eventually fails, because even doing things 98% right results in eventual failure. Not impossible; merely unreasonable.

Oh solo mapping is very sustainable, while grouping is a huge benefit, so is trading.

Now, did you by chance mean solo-self-found?
You probably know I've had thousands of hours experience here. I've seen luck streaks that give a map pool that puts one ahead considerably, I've seen bad streaks that puts one behind considerably. I've noted that maps won't reward currency to sustain, but I've also noted that min-maxing recipes and vendor exchanges comes close to but doesn't quite achieve sustainability at alch stage.

Now I know one could min-max better than I did, I probably wasn't close to even the 98%.

However, not only can we dismiss the viability because we can't expect anyone to be 98% efficient and doing so would be silly. But we have to look at good and bad luck, we simply can't ignore this. A good luck streak will put one into red for a short time, a bad luck streak will put one into the black for a long time.

Note, we are talking alch stage here. Chaos? Forget it. So, because we can't map-manage efficiently past alch stage, we ARE relying heavily on luck. It's simply a case of map-management 101 for map returns will use up your chaos so you can no longer map-manage efficiently. Map-management based on your currency and not the most efficient map-management won't return enough maps.

Note 2, we have completely forfeited use of orbs for anything else but rolling maps. To hope that luck along with min-maxing results in end game content more than a brief visit here and there.
R.I.P. crafting.

"
ScrotieMcB escreveu:
Cartographer's boxes allow significant breathing room for human error. You can make some mistakes and still get an A as your final grade. Cartos themselves are actually a test of their own, and knowing how to roll them properly is a nice skill to have.

My personal belief is that even if Cartos are toned down significantly when added to the main game, they'll still provide a good deal of breathing room. They'd need to be nerfed very hard in order to lead to a situation where solo mapping still feels unsustainable for humans.

Again, solo-self-found, or solo-trade?

Casually casual.

"
"
Temper escreveu:
"
Anelit escreveu:

I vote (x) NO on SFL.

Let's be honest,playing self found regardless of a league for it or not in POE is far satisfying on many levels and if you enjoy banging your head on trivial content for eternity than yes ... it might just be *viable*.

=P

You dont even know how the custom leagues will work. Maybe you cant even make a SFL league, maybe they last for a week or so.

It doesn't matter what options will be available for custom leagues.The point is,they will split the player base.
Again: whole lotta respect for the first anti-SFL to come clean and just say it:

"I just don't like seeing other people enjoy themselves and having fun."

Just come clean. There are zero logical arguments that support not having a SFL. Period.

Man up.

It doesn't matter what options will be available for custom leagues.The point is,they will split the player base.[/quote]

In my case, a SFL would not be splitting player base since I am currently not playing. I would come back for a legit league though. Look at that! SFL not only didn't divide anything but actually adds a player. hmm.

Also, for those guys that are saying SFL would die in a few weeks like all the other leagues, that is a very close minded assumption. In A SFL, one would take a long time to gear and craft their own pieces slowly and there would be no reason for players to leave since they are competing on a level playing field. No-one would be able to spend cash to trivialize content. A perm SFL would thrive for a loooong time.
honestly with the path this game is going

they are going to make a SFL or else the game will die
"
Peapodsp escreveu:
honestly with the path this game is going

they are going to make a SFL or else the game will die
Bold claim; zero evidence.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional