Breakdown of Saturday's Marathon Sales Day

"
Hodari escreveu:
"
GermanSuplex64 escreveu:

Is there a particular reason why GGG chose to run the marathon this way? Are people more likely to purchase the current sales item if they don't know the next (and possibly the one they're waiting for)?

If they did them all at once, people would just say, "Ok, I have this much to spend..which ones do I want the most that I can get with that?" This way, it was more like, "Oh, I want that one *buy*. Oh and that one too. Oh and that one...hmm 10 points short though...oh what the hell, I'll just buy another pack and get it too. And now that one also looks nice. Oh damn, I've REALLY wanted that one for a while.... Hmm not sure if I want that one, but if the other piece of that set comes up later too, they'd really go well together on a new build I want to try eventually, better get it just in case..."

So the question is which method (back to back vs all at once) yields the best outcome for GGG (point pack sales).

Although we don't have data to analyse, would it seem too unreasonable to suggest that more points would have been bought and spent if all items were discounted for a 24hr period? There are many groups of players (e.g. racers, players in different time zones, players who need sleep, etc.) who would have bought sales items if they were able to. By limiting the duration of an item on sale to 1hr, many purchases are not being captured.

If someone works in retail or knows a bit about "sales", could he/she please shed some light on this topic?

GuardianOfValhalla
Última edição por GermanSuplex64 em 9 de jun de 2014 05:17:36
"
GermanSuplex64 escreveu:
So the question is which method (back to back vs all at once) yields the best outcome for GGG (point pack sales).

Although we don't have data to analyse, would it seem too unreasonable to suggest that more points would have been bought and spent if all items were discounted for a 24hr period? There are many groups of players (e.g. racers, players in different time zones, players who need sleep, etc.) who would have bought sales items if they were able to. By limiting the duration of an item on sale to 1hr, many purchases are not being captured.

If someone works in retail or knows a bit about "sales", could he/she please shed some light on this topic?

I agree. Well, I know I would have got more points if I would have been able to get that sweet Elite Armour Pack. This way I only got a 100 GGGold purchase and an Acid Weapon effect. Not really satisfying. :-/
I like the marathon idea, but I'm not sure that it should stand alone.

I think it should be supported by an event like a 1- or 2-week race being kicked off on a Saturday at 05:00 UTC (allows everyone to participate and still sleep before Monday) because a lot of players are already planning to do some massive levelling at that point. Also, the purchase of a MTX is not going to cost you in terms of racing if the race lasts a week or more.

An hourly (in-game) notification of a great offer would further boost motivation to keep at it. No one would feel like they're wasting time waiting/checking for deals that don't show up and the deals that do have appeal are just going to sweeten the whole experience.

I think most players like RNG (even if they say that they don't) and getting a desired deal is similar to dropping an exalted orb. Not getting any desired deals while spending 24 hours "farming" them just leaves a sour taste in the mouth (which is bad for business in the long run). If the sale was part of a race kick-off then the sour taste is lessened because you were not only "farming" the sale.

... A very few unlucky players will get neither their desired offers nor will they drop good loot. They will also die a lot in the first 24 hours to successive crits. Such is the world of RNG...

PS: I'm an EU player and I don't particularly want to get up early on a Saturday to start a race, but the proposed time allows everyone to put in an initial 24-hour grind and still get some sleep before Monday kicks you in the face.
Let each player choose which version of PoE to play:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/24770192
Hi !

Yeah, I missed pretty much everything I'm interested in due to timezone, and some of them were not on sale apparently, so it's not that disapointing.

But I agree that this is not the best way to please everyone, most people will have problem seeing more than 10 items on that 24h frame.

I was very surprised by the format anyway, and it's always nice to see some good sales, thanks guys.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
This is generally a good idea but -

not fair to make someone stay awake for 24 hours to get the deal. :(

I missed all of the deals that I wanted - being asleep.
So - I bought nothing.

I think that in the future - it would be better to allow a person a 50% off deal for the 5 effects of your own choice - effective for a single 24 hour period.

We have work/job/family/life obligations you know GGG. :P
Of course I missed the guild stash tabs hour :(

They never go on sale any other time.
no pets, no seraph pieces (gloves, boots, helm), no helmets like vitorius wings, brilliant feathers, ice crown..

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
"
GermanSuplex64 escreveu:
I am wondering why the 24hr sale was back-to-back, i.e. only 1 item every hour.

From what i've read on reddit, a fair number of people missed the sales because of time zone differences.

Why weren't all 24 sales items discounted over a 24hr period? This way, nobody would have missed an item due to time zone differences.

Is there a particular reason why GGG chose to run the marathon this way? Are people more likely to purchase the current sales item if they don't know what's coming up next?

If all items were discounted at 50% for a 24hr period, wouldn't more people be buying/spending points to purchase the deals?

I feel this 24hr sale (back-to-back) sends the wrong message that sleep is not important, which is a very dangerous one (health first!).

I agree 100% with this post.
Missing the Elite Armour Pack makes me kinda sad but at least my wallet is safe for another day XD
I thought I saw a Storm Call Totem Effect during the sale but its not in the stats anywhere?

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional