[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hello all,

Thanks to op for a nice guide. I have been playing POE for quite a time and already have a lvl88 scion, lvl 79 marauder, lvl78 duelist, lvl 75 witch and also a shadow and two ranger character in development. But i was looking for a templar build that i can take to mapping with ease and also cheap. I am currently sitting on lvl 55 and just crushed Piety. Although i am playing in standard, i hate dying (never bothered to try Hardcore due to my slow internet connection). So far with this build no deaths yet. I am also self found player and playing for a quite a long time has rewarded me with some good drops and currency. I am definitely looking forward to Merciless and maps and hoping that i will have more success than my previous lvl88 character. here are my gears right now:

Spoiler

My skill tree so far:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwB5wSzFHEVIBoyGjgb-h0UI00l3ydPKMUqTTJ-Nug6UjrYPydANkRyRIFKyEw1TdhPfVFgU99VxlivWNtZ82aebqpwfXKpeA182YBWgW-ExITZjHaPRpBVnjyiAKQZpzCnhKluqZWsqrT5tfK-isAaz2XQ0OoY7DjwH_GK8773Mvjr-tI=

I have some good items with my other characters that i am targeting to equip later in the games depending on what setup i use altogether. These are:

Spoiler

Lots of items to gear for me later on :D. Only things seem missing are a good shield and spell block items (if only i oould use this

I am thinking of going with amulet for spell block purpose. Having a difficult time figuring out how much Armour and evasion in total will be sufficient for high level mapping. Any help or comment regarding the dilemma is more than welcome.

Cheers to all lazy Pallys fighting out there.

Edit: Also my question to OP: how much further did u go to mapping with Lazy Pally? Had any success with Atziri with this build?
Última edição por archzin em 28 de mai de 2014 02:06:53
"
archzin escreveu:
Hello all,

Thanks to op for a nice guide.

Lots of items to gear for me later on :D. Only things seem missing are a good shield and spell block items (if only i oould use this

I am thinking of going with amulet for spell block purpose. Having a difficult time figuring out how much Armour and evasion in total will be sufficient for high level mapping. Any help or comment regarding the dilemma is more than welcome.

Cheers to all lazy Pallys fighting out there.

Edit: Also my question to OP: how much further did u go to mapping with Lazy Pally? Had any success with Atziri with this build?

Hi archzin! You can use Saffel's on switch (x key) for bosses in some maps like Temple and Shrine and Torture Chamber. Just swap when you get the boss alone. You will need a second decent weapon, but it will be well worth it.

You need around 5000 to 6000 each armour and evasion ratings with grace and determination running.

I've done the mid 70s maps with 6 mods (skipped a couple bosses) but don't currently have time to pursue Atziri. I'm sure I could do it with decent gear (i.e. better than I have) and the time. I know it's not really a fair comparison to other guides as they all have great gear they traded for and much more playtime. Several other (non-self-found of course) lazy pallies throughout the thread have told me that 78 maps where np.
My Templar is now level 52. Reave is definitely the way to go from my point of view, after testing heavy strike and others. My chance to block is about 65% with tempest shield activated and it is definitely noticeable. Can't wait to see how it all works out!

I'm just looking for a better one handed sword right now to help dish out the DPS. I'm having decent room-clear speed with a mediocre sword.
Yeah, I have a bunch of map kits for Aztiri saved up but I think they'd be wasted currently.

As I understand it, you need to have high life to prevent getting one shot, max fire resists + flasks and hopefully some "increases max resist" items to survived. The guestimate of health required is 6k.... = |

Hopefully spell block might make the pally a bit more survivable, but it sounds like she's an unholy terror (which I guess you'd expect from an end game boss).
All right folks, the results are in on Molten Strike.

reave - multistrike - melee physical damage - concentrated effect
Average run time 6 minutes, 47 seconds

Molten Strike - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Faster Attacks
Average run time 8 minutes, 21 sec

Molten Strike - Blood Magic - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Multistrike
Average run time 13 minutes, 49 seconds

Molten Strike - Weapon Elemental Damage - Melee Physical Damage - Faster Attacks
Average run time 9 minutes, 13 seconds

Molten Strike - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Fire Penetration
Average run time 9 minutes, 26 seconds

Molten Strike - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Concentrated Effect
Average run time 8 minutes, 32 seconds

Conclusion - Molten Strike is fun for the early levels, but for endgame, Reave wins hands down, at least without modified skill tree and/or specific uniques to allow Molten Strike to catch up, which we cannot do as one of the core tenants of the build is to be relatively attack skill agnostic.
Hello there, Sovyn! I had been looking for a cheap and cute melee templar build, and at last I found that one. There're some questions to you:
1. Is it a wise choice to go with 714% facebreaker instead of any weap?
2. Think it's viable to use the cyclone as the main attack skill on your build? Which gems should be linked with it?
3. How long were your levelling this character up to current lvl? I have a 72 lvl duelist(levelled with reave/dual strike) and the levelling rate leaves a lot to be desired.
That's all for now. I hope for your answer, Sovyn.
Última edição por MermansSprocket70 em 2 de jun de 2014 03:46:36
"
MermansSprocket70 escreveu:
Hello there, Sovyn! I had been looking for a cheap and cute melee templar build, and at last I found that one. There're some questions to you:
1. Is it a wise choice to go with 714% facebreaker instead of any weap?
2. Think it's viable to use the cyclone as the main attack skill on your build? Which gems should be linked with it?
3. How long were your levelling this character up to current lvl? I have a 72 lvl duelist(levelled with reave/dual strike) and the levelling rate leaves a lot to be desired.
That's all for now. I hope for your answer, Sovyn.

Hello MermansSprocket70!

Glad you found the guide useful.

1) Instead of any wep? No. I would choose a great weapon over the facebreaker with this build. Facebreaker can be nice while leveling up though. Just depends what you have. See what the tooltip DPS is like comparing your best weapon with facebreaker.

2) Certainly. While I think Reave is slightly better, you can use cyclone too. It would be cyclone - concentrated effect - faster attacks - blood magic - life leech for the 5-link.

3) I've played very casually self found for around 17 months now. I have a few high level characters across several accounts including a couple of templars. I'd guess it takes me about 6 hours of playtime to level once in the low 80s, for example. I tend to take it 30 minutes at a time here and there. Some play for 12 hours straight every day though and get things done. I recall many folks throughout the thread have leveled up into their 80s from level 1 in a matter of a few days or a week or two, depending on how much time they have on their hands.

I'd suggest molten strike for leveling up with, but do get your reave, ground slam and cyclone gems on your switch weapons to level up as soon as you can as those are all better options for the endgame with the default build.
Thank you for the answer, Sovyn. Here're some shitty items which are supposed to be worn. Are they good enough to make your build work?

Thank you again in advance.
Then, could you show me your current character panel? Which contains offensive and defensive chars.
Thank you alot again.
Última edição por MermansSprocket70 em 2 de jun de 2014 04:42:15
"
MermansSprocket70 escreveu:
Thank you for the answer, Sovyn. Here're some shitty items which are supposed to be worn. Are they good enough to make your build work?

Looks all right, maybe not for endgame, but great start. Upgrade helm to high armour (500+) with life (75+), and the weapon. You can easily 4-link chest and 3-link shield. Next, I'm not sure you have enough leech there to keep up with cyclone. Amulets can have leech, or you can use a claw, or the life leech or life gain on hit support gem. Desync will be the main issue with this skill.
Hello, fellow lazys.

just jumped in to let you know that i am very much enjoying the build as i am sitting in level 74 now. Smashing everything with my moltenstrike Lazy Templar. Hardly die and the few occasions of my death were either lag or me falling asleep on my desk while my toon was facing a rare with corrupting blood :P.

I had to tweak the build posted by Sovyn, as i am using molten strike also my 2 best weapons are an Axe and a sword. I have approached the gearing and leveling skill tree a bit differently.

My skill tree currently:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwB5wSzFHEZtBoyGjga2xutG_odFCNNJJsl3ydPKMUs6TJ-Nug6UjrYPeJANkRyRIFHfkjuSn1MNU3YUWBT31XGVvpYr1jbWfNlTWaeZ6Bqk25pcH1yqXRBdit313gNfNl_K4CKgW-ExITZh3aMdo9GkFWbg548ogCkGaTCpzCnhKmVrKqsr7T5t9O-ir6nwA_AGsrTz2XQ0NJN1e3WitfL3Q3qGOw47g7wH_GK8773MvdN-Ov60vzF

This is what i target to be when i am lvl90 (don't think can go further than that, it takes a lot of time to even get to 90 and i am a casual player :D ).
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwB5wSzFHEZtBoyGjga2xutG_odFCNNJJsl3ydPKMUs6TJ-Nug6UjrYPeJANkRyRIFHfkjuSn1MNU3YUWBT31XGVvpYr1jbWfNlTWaeZ6Bqk25pcH1yqXRBdit313gNfNl_K4CKgW-ExITZh3aMdo9GkFWbg548ogCkGaTCpzCnhKmVrKqsr7T5t9O-ir6nwA_AGsrTz2XQ0NJN1e3WitfL3Q3qGOw47g7wH_GK8773MvdN-Ov60vzFQXTBBF8_8wagtPuq5FE26SSqGYUabPPd42ozlnM_QYw=

these are my gears currently:

Spoiler

These are what i have in my alternate slot (X):
Spoiler

These are the gears i have found so far now, which are gathered from some of my other high level toons. I would love more dps on my weapons as i have some currencies left on my stash but i am too lazy to do much trading. :P

I can facetank almost everything. When i face heavy elemental mobs or bosses, i press X and swith to alternate slot to benefit from saffels high res and high spell block. Thanks to Sovyn for idea.

These are my stats currently:

Spoiler

Life:4.2K
Armour: 6.8K
Evasion: 6.7K
All res: 75 (100+)
Chaos res: -20%
DPS (tooltip) 7.8K
IAS:5.75
BLOCK:68
Spell Block:8 (with saffels 74)

DPS can be a bit higher but i am using life leech to sustain life pool and somehow that low DPS molten strike feels more effective than my 20k dps duel strike Duelist.

Hopefully, by lvl 90, i will have 5.5k life and more DPS and then will try my luck against the harder contents like Atziri.

Cheers.

PS: just smashed 6 museum bosses (double boss mod) .... fun at best !!!
Última edição por archzin em 6 de jun de 2014 04:08:37

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional