[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Wispo escreveu:

Problem is: i fear vaal smash and kole aoe too much XD

Kole has not killed me in ages, I enfeeble him and with decent gear it's not a problem. Vaal smash, just whirling blades to the other side of him when he raises his mace arm.

That said, if you feel ranged is the way to go for certain situations you can have spectral throw as your secondary attack, but only if you have great patience. I'd choose reave, cyclone, or ground slam as your primary. Cyclone requires blood magic support and a high life cost per use and thus is not really good for new players in my opinion due to desync issues. Experience helps. As mentioned in the guide, reave is the safe, recommended choice.
"
Sovyn escreveu:
"
Wispo escreveu:

Problem is: i fear vaal smash and kole aoe too much XD

Kole has not killed me in ages, I enfeeble him and with decent gear it's not a problem. Vaal smash, just whirling blades to the other side of him when he raises his mace arm.

That said, if you feel ranged is the way to go for certain situations you can have spectral throw as your secondary attack, but only if you have great patience. I'd choose reave, cyclone, or ground slam as your primary. Cyclone requires blood magic support and a high life cost per use and thus is not really good for new players in my opinion due to desync issues. Experience helps. As mentioned in the guide, reave is the safe, recommended choice.

Ok then, i'll go reave path :) I plan to go around with purity of fire/ice/lighting all 3 always on, so my lazy pally will be tankier (max resists +) :) Hoping to find a rise of the phoenix, because i would also like a templar nearly immune to fire damage (the most dangerous thing in the game, imho, because explosions like kamikaze zombies ones and atziri flame blasts are not blockable at all) :)
"
Wispo escreveu:

I plan to go around with purity of fire/ice/lighting all 3 always on, so my lazy pally will be tankier (max resists +) :)

Those are nice to use for certain spell-heavy encounters, but usually I go around with either Grace + Determination or Grace + Hatred if there are no really hard hitting physical mobs around. 75 resists and some spell block is plenty for 99% of content.
"
Sovyn escreveu:
"
Wispo escreveu:

I plan to go around with purity of fire/ice/lighting all 3 always on, so my lazy pally will be tankier (max resists +) :)

Those are nice to use for certain spell-heavy encounters, but usually I go around with either Grace + Determination or Grace + Hatred if there are no really hard hitting physical mobs around. 75 resists and some spell block is plenty for 99% of content.

Thank you so much, really :) I'm at level 31 now, beginning of act 3 normal (i overleveled a bit): with the combination of Crest of perandus and Stone of lazhwar i am destroying EVERYTHING. I can take all 3 Vaal lasers without a scratch, and even the fearsome Perpetus dies before even the 75% of my life pool. Tremendous build O.O
Updated the guide to indicate it will works fine in 1.1.4.

I'm also liking Vaal Molten Shell in my CWDT, not very reliable though as the soul cost seems high. (Lot of time in between).
Passive skill tree build

will this be any good with anger+wrath spec throw?
Última edição por wuxian4poe em 15 de jun de 2014 12:35:26
"
wuxian4poe escreveu:
Passive skill tree build

will this be any good with anger+wrath spec throw?

Probably something like this instead:

link
think ill just stick with yours XD
"
wuxian4poe escreveu:
think ill just stick with yours XD

Probably a good bet, Reave has a higher damage potential than spectral throw in this case, and we have the survivability to go toe-to-toe.
Small update on my own lazy pally. Found my first six link, was a nice surprise to see it drop. (for newcomers, I've been a casual self-found PoE player for about a year and a half.)

Too bad about the base item, but beggars (self-found) can't be choosers:

ilevel is 74, so that's something, could at least get a decent life roll on it. Would definitely be a defense sacrifice for that 6th socket due to low armour and no evasion on it.

Tested a few combos on it, but I think either cyclone or reave would probably be best. Last one I tried was ground slam, but the 6th socket is 'wasted' with blood magic support, thus not really better than my usual 5-link reave setup, which does not require BM. Cyclone may be strong enough that the blood magic+life leech 'wasted' sockets might be worth it. I may try rolling some more with chromes for a GRRRRB but that may take quite a few tries. Decisions, decisions. :)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional